Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    I think all we can do is pray for the victims and their families. Nothing will explain these instances, they just happen. Bad people doing bad things. They just showed the 6yo little girl that was killed, and her mother was shot twice and is in intensive care. The dad is a mess, understandably.

    This bickering back and forth on this forum is making me sick. It's not about gun control, its not about anything other than one lone man with nothing to lose, taking the lives of a dozen innocent people. I think we need to just pray for the Lord to give us understanding about why these things happen. I don't understand it. But as a Christian, I must have faith. Everything happens for a reason. Its up to the living to figure out why.

    In the far remote chance that any of the relatives of any of the victims will ever read this, please know that you have our heartfelt prayers and condolences for your loss and that we, as a nation, are with you.
    Um, there's a little more to this incident than what the mainstream media is reporting.

    This dude is playing out the role of Nolan's Joker in real life. He did take on the appearance of the Joker (i. e. dying his hair red). And recall that in The Dark Knight, the Joker's primary aim in causing mayhem is to expose people's hypocrisy.

    And that's likely what Mr. Holmes is doing. In fact, the shooting at the theater did expose one kind of hypocrisy. The moviegoers all went to see that film partially because of a desire to watch realistic brutal mass violence (in fact, people seeing films like that often later bitch about the implausibility of the terror scenes), and the shooter gave it to them like never before. So technically, they shouldn't be upset.

    In (supposedly) booby trapping his home and daring officers to defuse the bombs there, he's likely trying to expose the hypocrisy of officers who say they care about the public but are actually more interested in finding out whatever cool secrets are in his room. Obviously, if public safety were the only concern, and the bombs were as difficult to defuse as they appear to be, the safest course of action would be to just evacuate the whole apt. complex and let the building blow. But the cops aren't doing that.

    The story line reported in the media is that the shooter set a timer to blare music out of his place at midnight to lure police and other residents into getting blown up while he went on his rampage, but the evidence to date doesn't support that line. If that were Mr. Holmes' intent, to simply cause another explosion at the complex to lure police resources away from the theater, all he would have had to do is set up the bombs to explode when his apt. door was opened.

    However he ran trip wires all over the place (including lining the windows with them). So that implies that the above wasn't his plan or at least not entirely his plan. Furthermore, if he simply wanted to blow up his complex and kill more people, he wouldn't have told cops about booby-trapping his place when he was caught, as they would most certainly have tried to search his room at some point and tripped the bomb(s), but he did tell them about it, implying he's got another trick up his sleeve.

    The supposed bombs in his apt. are probably duds, or else why go thru the trouble of building real bombs only to tell cops later to watch out for them? Also, it's unclear how this dude would've acquired the expertise to build the sophisticated bombs the cops are saying he built--that kind of thing not only requires extensive training but the purchases of the chemicals required could easily be traced. But the sophisticated wiring in the place would certainly lead authorities to believe that they were real, and I believe that's all he wants.

    There's a big surprise waiting for cops at that apt.

  2. #1282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    gun control has nothing to do with public safety
    sure it does. only paranoid conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones thinks its really a secret NWO plot to disarm the public and institute martial law and UN control, and whatever.

  3. #1283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I was asking you since you claim to be the authority on this issue if those two examples were what you were thinking of
    You did not give me any examples. You gave me your interpretation of what you believe others might say. Now you have to find such statements and tell us who they are attributed to.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Alls it would take is one guy or gal in the theatre with a concealed carry & a well placed shot & this would have came to an end much earlier with much less loss of life. But leave it to the Liberals to propose more gun control because one pschopath lost his mind. I'd say the Liberals running the movie industry (the sewer pipe) & there love of violence in there movies had more to do with these deaths than my 2nd amendment rights do.

    One thing though, I do have to question why someone had to sell this freak a drum magazine, I do think there should be some restrictions on mags this big with perhaps requiring a class 3 permit to aquire one.
    if you buy into restricting a beta c mag its easy to buy into restricting a 30 round mag

    and there is a reason why the military doesn't issue those things

    but the rest of your post is good

  5. #1285
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    sure it does. only paranoid conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones thinks its really a secret NWO plot to disarm the public and institute martial law and UN control, and whatever.
    only liars or the mentally infirm claim that gun control laws would have stopped this killer or prevented him from getting a gun

    booby traps are COMPLETELY ILLEGAL

  6. #1286
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Alls it would take is one guy or gal in the theatre with a concealed carry & a well placed shot & this would have came to an end much earlier with much less loss of life. But leave it to the Liberals to propose more gun control because one pschopath lost his mind. I'd say the Liberals running the movie industry (the sewer pipe) & there love of violence in there movies had more to do with these deaths than my 2nd amendment rights do.

    One thing though, I do have to question why someone had to sell this freak a drum magazine, I do think there should be some restrictions on mags this big with perhaps requiring a class 3 permit to aquire one.

    There is only one person responsible for this carnage. The pro gun anti gun talk is just Monday quarterbacking.

    I wished someone could have pulled a concealed handgun and stopped him but I wasn't there and don't know if someone could have been in the right location to pull it off.

  7. #1287
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You did not give me any examples. You gave me your interpretation of what you believe others might say. Now you have to find such statements and tell us who they are attributed to.
    no I don't

  8. #1288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no I don't
    Of course you do not. You can simply show yourself to be impotent to come up with anything that someone actually said.

    You can simply allow the reality to sink in that you make it up as you go along and actual evidence means precious little to you.

    That works for me also. Although most would not look at such truth as breaking news.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    only liars or the mentally infirm claim that gun control laws would have stopped this killer or prevented him from getting a gun...
    a 20-round limit on all magazines would have slowed him down..and maybe allowed someone to jump his ass and crack his skull.

    he may have also not been able to get a handgun permit, if they were required in CO.

  10. #1290
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Of course you do not. You can simply show yourself to be impotent to come up with anything that someone actually said.

    You can simply allow the reality to sink in that you make it up as you go along and actual evidence means precious little to you.

    That works for me also. Although most would not look at such truth as breaking news.
    Is impotent the word of the week? should someone order up some viagra?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •