Page 128 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1271
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Do you really want to know what may have cause this or are you more comfortable simply writing it off saying he was ill?
    I have a fairly thorough understanding of mental illness issues, and what it really boils down to is that individuals have different threshholds for stress tolerance. This kid apparently had a low threshhold. The cause was deep-seated anger and frustration.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #1272
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,078

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Nope. Now get lost.
    This will help you with the idea of evidence.... you know what that is right? It is what you are lacking in your position that you need in debate. This will help you learn:

    The Use and Misuse of Evidence in Debate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,078

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I have a fairly thorough understanding of mental illness issues, and what it really boils down to is that individuals have different threshholds for stress tolerance. This kid apparently had a low threshhold. The cause was deep-seated anger and frustration.
    You certainly could be correct. I would love to see the contents of his apartment. I hope they give us valuable information about what motivated him so we can learn from it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1274
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This will help you with the idea of evidence.... you know what that is right? It is what you are lacking in your position that you need in debate. This will help you learn:

    The Use and Misuse of Evidence in Debate.
    you mean when lefties claim that the rich have x amount of income and then claim that that fact proves that the rich need to be taxed more?

    or that the nut case in Colorado had X weapons and that proves that we need to ban said weapons because that would have prevented the killings?

  5. #1275
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    I am far more interested in knowing what went on in Holmes mind...what drove him to commit this atrocity.... and in that knowledge to prevent future acts like this...instead of blabbing on and on and on about guns .......omg!!!!! am I the only one???????????????
    Nope, not the only one. I'd say most of us definitely want a better understanding of this mindset so we can possibly intervene before they commit these horrendous acts, by intervene I mean treatment, commitment to an institution of mental health, etc.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #1276
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This will help you with the idea of evidence.... you know what that is right? It is what you are lacking in your position that you need in debate. This will help you learn:

    The Use and Misuse of Evidence in Debate.
    Nope. Now get lost.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  7. #1277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,078

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you mean when lefties claim that the rich have x amount of income and then claim that that fact proves that the rich need to be taxed more?

    or that the nut case in Colorado had X weapons and that proves that we need to ban said weapons because that would have prevented the killings?
    Are you making this up or are you quoting the words of some other poster but conveniently forgetting to give us their name and exact words?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,078

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Nope. Now get lost.
    Yes, we get that you do not know what debate is - you made that clear in an earlier post. And thank you for making it clear with your answer that you do not know what evidence is either.

    In order to avoid the kind of humiliating embarrassment you suffered here tonight when you were impotent to back up your silly claims of historical fact, these may help you

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ples+of+debate
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-22-12 at 12:26 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1279
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you making this up or are you quoting the words of some other poster but conveniently forgetting to give us their name and exact words?
    I was asking you since you claim to be the authority on this issue if those two examples were what you were thinking of

  10. #1280
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Alls it would take is one guy or gal in the theatre with a concealed carry & a well placed shot & this would have came to an end much earlier with much less loss of life. But leave it to the Liberals to propose more gun control because one pschopath lost his mind. I'd say the Liberals running the movie industry (the sewer pipe) & there love of violence in there movies had more to do with these deaths than my 2nd amendment rights do.

    One thing though, I do have to question why someone had to sell this freak a drum magazine, I do think there should be some restrictions on mags this big with perhaps requiring a class 3 permit to aquire one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •