Page 114 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1131
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yep, exactly right. Full autos are not worthless, but they will suppress better than kill, rideup makes them laughably inaccurate for a majority of shooters, the reason our military went to burst fire was to save money on wasted rounds. The M-16 is designed to different specs as well, the older models had more stopping power, the A4 is more of a defensive "to wound" on target rifle, little tumble, more velocity than it's counterparts meaning less fatal in most circumstances.
    According to Wiki, the M-15/16 was specifically designed in response to battlefield studies showing that rate of fire was by far the most important factor in inflicting damage on the enemy, as soldiers rarely hit what they aimed at, and on many occasions the majority of soldiers didn't even fire their weapons. Thus the main purpose of the M-15/16 was to design a standard rifle that could fire rapidly and still be light enough to carry, and also fire rounds that were light enough to be carried in bulk. M16 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #1132
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    And you are wrong, as has been pointed out by at least four posters. "Guns are designed to kill" is worse than a generalization, it's an outright fallacy, every single firearm is designed to fire a projectile and that's it, rifles, handguns, assault rifles, full-autos, handguns, shotguns, etc. are all designed to specifically influence the flight trajectory, entrance/exit points, and other ballistic capabilities of the projectile. Not only are the TYPES different but within the TYPES different models have different designs.
    Uh, bullets are the projectiles fired from guns and thats not a generalization, its a fact. Guns only have one purpose and that is to fire bullets and bullets are designed to kill, therefore so are guns.

  3. #1133
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,518

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Can you back up that claim with a link? Otherwise I'm going to have to throw the BS flag.
    This has been told to me by numerous military firearms instructors.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #1134
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    It would be dam hard to hit a cobra pilot with a semi automatic. Unless that pilot was sitting in a chair.
    No it wouldn't; depending on his altitude and speed. I could take an HK 91, of an FN-FAL and give a Cobra hell, probably even bringing it down. Give me an M-1 Garand and his ass is mine. That big 30-06 is going to break stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1135
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its moronic but that is consistent with most of your posts on this subject. why should I be limited when criminals and cops are not. Millions of americans have 30 round magazines for AR 15 rifles, AK style rifles or 25 round magazines for the 5 million or so Ruger 10-22 rifles. what are you going to do-arrest everyone who possesses one of these magazines.
    Over time the number of those higher capacity magazines will diminish ... IF you ban them. Otherwise, obviously, they will ony become more plentiful. If you need more than 17 rounds in a self defense situation, chances are that another 80 or 100 rounds aren't going to help. You'll be long dead by the time you can empty your clip.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #1136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Can you back up that claim with a link? Otherwise I'm going to have to throw the BS flag.
    Why do you think the United States transitioned from the 7.62 to the 5.56?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #1137
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This has been told to me by numerous military firearms instructors.
    Your antedotal evidence is questionable, so why don't you provide a link?

  8. #1138
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,562

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Uh, bullets are the projectiles fired from guns and thats not a generalization, its a fact. Guns only have one purpose and that is to fire bullets and bullets are designed to kill, therefore so are guns.
    The olympics would disagree with you. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #1139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Uh, bullets are the projectiles fired from guns and thats not a generalization, its a fact. Guns only have one purpose and that is to fire bullets and bullets are designed to kill, therefore so are guns.
    Why do folks keep harping on that? Guns were invented to kill...sure...so what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1140
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This has been told to me by numerous military firearms instructors.
    Okay, I'm convinced.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •