Page 111 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1101
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Hasn't it been speculated that the Aurora movie shooter had to go back to his car to reload?
    I haven't heard anything about that, I think he was in a static position so he had the ammo. It wouldn't make sense to me that people would stick around for his reload, but then again panic is a funny thing.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #1102
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,628

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    A rifle can take out a cobra pilot or a tank? You have never been in combat.
    it sure can kill a pilot when he isn't in his vehicle. It will kill politicians who order tanks to attack American citizens.

    do you know how many helicopter crewmen were killed in the Nam by guys with AK rifles?

  3. #1103
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Hasn't it been speculated that the Aurora movie shooter had to go back to his car to reload?
    He was reloading in the theater.

  4. #1104
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    generally because that facade of a reason is used to justify making it harder for honest and good people to get firearms because the people you mentioned are already banned from possessing any guns
    I have never suggested making it hard for honest and good people to buy guns.

    However if you will recall the shooter at Virginia Tech was stopped and questioned by the police before he bought the guns to kill people with.

    I am however asking that if a person is questionable then he can wait to buy his guns until a background comes back.

    After all do you know what it takes to get a drivers licence that's not counting tags and regestration?

    You don't just walk into the Sec of State and lay your money down.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #1105
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    For the last time. I am talking about why guns were invented. Do you really want to claim the evolution of the gun had people saying:

    "Hey, let's use gunpowder to fire a projectile."

    "Great idea!!"

    This is why gunners get laughed at because they refuse to employ basic intellectual honesty.
    And for the last time you are wrong. You don't want to admit it, and you want to engage in little games, but you are wrong nonetheless.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #1106
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,733

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It is time for me and my son to go see the new Batman movie.


    I'll post later and let you know we made it back alive and well.


    (pardon my sense of gallows humor, the media is just in such a frenzy of stupidity that it strikes me as a bit laughable.)
    Good for you. Really. The best way people can show that an act of evil does not affect their way of life is to get out there and do that thing.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #1107
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,682

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    obvious straw man but what would be your other steps
    No; obvious mature argument that you can't match.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #1108
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,628

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    I'm not talking about different types of guns. I'm talking about guns. They were designed with one purpose: to kill. Would it help if I said they were invented to kill?
    until you actually demonstrate you have a clue about guns, I am going to point out the ignorance of your posts

    what were Anschutz 54 Rifles designed to do

    Perazzi Mirage Shotguns

    Winchester 22 Rifles

    Rock River National Match AR 15s

    Krieghoff K-80 ISU skeet shotguns

    the Beretta DT-10

    the Smith and Wesson Model 41 Pistol

  9. #1109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Good for you. Really. The best way people can show that an act of evil does not affect their way of life is to get out there and do that thing.
    I just don't see a copycat here, this was a random and sick act by a subhuman victimizer.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #1110
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,628

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    I just realized you are the one who said a semi-auto rifle could take out a cobra pilot....or a tank. Forgive me for not caring about your assessment.
    You don't read very well-you have posted over 1000 times in less than a month

    Hint-quality is far better than quantity. I said those rifles can kill people who pilot those vehicles.

    You were in the Special Forces?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •