Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1081
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I think we begin to adopt a far more sensible and mature attitude about firearms. We look at them as tools - nothing more and nothing less. We put them in their proper perspectives and quit elevating them to the level of the Holy and the Perfect.

    That would be step one.
    obvious straw man but what would be your other steps

  2. #1082
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A helicopter pilot? Yes. Tank? Probably not.
    It would be dam hard to hit a cobra pilot with a semi automatic. Unless that pilot was sitting in a chair.

  3. #1083
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    It would be dam hard to hit a cobra pilot with a semi automatic. Unless that pilot was sitting in a chair.
    A semi-automatic what?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #1084
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    He had an assault rifle. The one man, 3 guns. That's all it took.
    NO he did not-he had a rifle morons call an "assault weapon"

    an "assault rifle" has a selector switch

  5. #1085
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    such a statement demonstrates a pathetic understanding of guns. Guns are designed to shoot a bullet. Many are designed purely for target use. when you post something this pathetically inaccurate it is hard to take anything you say on the subject seriously
    I'm not talking about different types of guns. I'm talking about guns. They were designed with one purpose: to kill. Would it help if I said they were invented to kill?

  6. #1086
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,924

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was one of the most stupid suggestions I have ever seen on this board. It was a less than subtle way of blaming a right for those killed by criminal activities. It is based on the idiotic ASSumption that if we have no second amendment rights those people would not have died.
    That wasn't such a stupid suggestion some time ago when the rich started hiring bodyguards after the OWS protestors came out.

    Everybody's always talking about the 2nd amendment but like all other amendments there should be a limit to it's existence.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #1087
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    How about making it a little more difficult for disturbed and bad people to get guns?

    generally because that facade of a reason is used to justify making it harder for honest and good people to get firearms because the people you mentioned are already banned from possessing any guns

  8. #1088
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    such a statement demonstrates a pathetic understanding of guns. Guns are designed to shoot a bullet. Many are designed purely for target use. when you post something this pathetically inaccurate it is hard to take anything you say on the subject seriously
    I just realized you are the one who said a semi-auto rifle could take out a cobra pilot....or a tank. Forgive me for not caring about your assessment.

  9. #1089
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Public shootings are more common than what people think because they assume if it isn't on the news it isn't happening.
    urban blacks killing urban blacks rarely make it on national news. so you might have a point. One hispanic guy shoots a black youth and it has its own thread on DP.

  10. #1090
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    urban blacks killing urban blacks rarely make it on national news. so you might have a point. One hispanic guy shoots a black youth and it has its own thread on DP.
    OWN thread? How about something like 500 threads?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •