Page 108 of 182 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1071
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why don't you just stand up against the assholes that commit gun crimes?

    You're the chief of staff for a state legislature lizard. Hows about you suggest he introduce legislation that makes gun crime carry an automatic death penalty?
    Ah, but that doesn't expand the government.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #1072
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't get why he bought 6k rounds. Unless he spent time at the range, he was planning on going to other theatres? Someone can only carry, like, what 1000 rounds reasonably? So what's the other 5k for, and were they in the car.
    I think he was planning on having a big shoot out with the cops aka known as "suicide by cop" but chickened out. But that doesn't explain why rigged his apartment with explosives which was probably meant to be a diversion while he went on his rampage...the sick bastard.

    Suicide by cop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #1073
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,335

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    A rifle can take out a cobra pilot or a tank? You have never been in combat.
    A helicopter pilot? Yes. Tank? Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1074
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes - The intentional murder rate of the USA is three times higher than that of Canada. The USA can learn much from Canada.
    what is the murder rate of white americans compared to white canadians?

    I read a stat about 15 years ago that stated (using INTERPOL and FBI Statistics) the rate of white homicides in the USA was lower than Continental Europe or the UK

  5. #1075
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,335

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Ah, but that doesn't expand the government.
    It would make things too tough on the poor, innocent bad guys, who are only criminals because society made them that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1076
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,529

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The point is that there is no rational reason for anyone who isn't contemplating a massacre to have a 100-round magazine.
    The rational reason is . . . they want to.

    Tricky thing about freedom is that "I want to" is all the reason you need.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #1077
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,335

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes - The intentional murder rate of the USA is three times higher than that of Canada. The USA can learn much from Canada.
    However, the violent crime rate and rape rate in Canada is three times that in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,335

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The point is that there is no rational reason for anyone who isn't contemplating a massacre to have a 100-round magazine, and if he had had to change magazines it would have perhaps decreased the death, injury count, or given someone a chance to rush him or fire back when he changed magazines ... even if it just takes a couple seconds.
    There's no rational reason for someone to be contemplating massacreing a bunch of people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1079
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Guns were designed to kill. Period. Claiming a different purpose reveals guilt in denial.
    such a statement demonstrates a pathetic understanding of guns. Guns are designed to shoot a bullet. Many are designed purely for target use. when you post something this pathetically inaccurate it is hard to take anything you say on the subject seriously

  10. #1080
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I think he was planning on having a big shoot out with the cops aka known as "suicide by cop" but chickened out. But that doesn't explain why rigged his apartment with explosives which was probably meant to be a diversion while he went on his rampage...the sick bastard.

    Suicide by cop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    He was wearing body armor. SBC does not apply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •