Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #61
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Cool story bro. Had the deputies gotten their facts straight before pounding on someones door in the dead of night, this wouldn't even be an issue.
    Bam, bam, bam, bam... Oh, my bad, wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #62
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Cool story bro. Had the deputies gotten their facts straight before pounding on someones door in the dead of night, this wouldn't even be an issue.
    LMAO
    thats what I thought,

    translation: you have no logical retort so you deflect, I already knew that though.

    Weird this doesnt happen all the time and every time since its the entire cause, I wonder why? because you are factually wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #63
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    with the current facts at hand theres no reason to, the circumstances is exactly why I find no quilt with cops.

    now if the story changes then maybe I will place some blame on them

    my question is what reason do I have to blame them for?
    no guilt, agree, but lots of stupid, on both sides...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #64
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    LMAO
    thats what I thought,

    translation: you have no logical retort so you deflect, I already knew that though.

    Weird this doesnt happen all the time and every time since its the entire cause, I wonder why? because you are factually wrong
    No, I just don't put much effort towards childish attacks.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    There is something called an AAR, after action review, where the exercise or incident is gone over with a fine tooth comb.

    The problem is those who sit on the sidelines and comment rarely have an experience in such matters. It was a pucked deal from the git-go. The deputies did mess up, but without the help of a strong 2nd A 'defender' answering the door with a weapon, which may or may not have been pointed at the Officers, they wouldn't have felt the need to shoot. I do believe if one Officer yells "GUN" it is on with out any real pointing required. Murder suspect, weapon- small details can be filled in later.

    I can't figure why only two officers to roust a murder suspect, as mentioned before there are back windows and doors. I don't believe many tapping away at there computers would be so clear headed at 1am, and just how many girl scouts sell cookies at 1am? If it was ANYone else. 'cept maybe thugs, at the door no one would have died. But it was armed Officers looking for a felony suspect.

    Some comment on their neighborhood as a venue this could have happened in, we don't know if this was a 'good' or 'bad' area. We don't know that went on prior to the 1am knock. Speculating doesn't help us understand.

    I can't help but think a perfectly legal exercise of the victim's Constitutional Rights lead to his death at the hands of Law Enforcement who made mistakes but none intentional. It is as if Stand Your Ground has emboldened some and there are consequences. A young mother in OK waited until the bad guys broke in before shooting. This guy went to the door and opened it to someone he didn't know at 1 in the morning. Perfectly legal in a Stand Your Ground State, deadly when done unwittingly to the cops on a murder suspect hunt.

  6. #66
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    No, I just don't put much effort towards childish attacks.
    you mean fact you cant refute with logic, rational and reality

    LMAO nice try but you failed and your claim of "entire cause" was still 100% wrong. You want to avoid childish things you claim, then man up and admit your statement was wrong and misspoke, thats what adults do
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #67
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    no guilt, agree, but lots of stupid, on both sides...
    disagree what did the cops do that was "lots of stupid" ?

    they knocked on a door looking for a suspect? it wasnt the right door so what.

    And I swear im not being a smart ass Im being as PC with you and logical/rational/reality based as I can.

    answer these questions and I dont know the answers Im just trying to get you to think about reality.

    how how many times do you think the police knock on a door looking for suspect and thats not where the suspect is in just one single day? do you think 1000 is out of the question?

    how many times are the greeted with a gun pointed at them?


    EDIT: also to be clear im talking about with the current facts, these cops maybe mega types of stupid if other things comes out
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-17-12 at 10:47 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #68
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    you mean fact you cant refute with logic, rational and reality

    LMAO nice try but you failed and your claim of "entire cause" was still 100% wrong. You want to avoid childish things you claim, then man up and admit your statement was wrong and misspoke, thats what adults do
    No, the fact that you're acting like a child, and haven't once demonstrated that you're worth the effort of a reasoned response. Hint: Typing "LMAO" in every response makes you look like an idiot.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #69
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    No, the fact that you're acting like a child, and haven't once demonstrated that you're worth the effort of a reasoned response. Hint: Typing "LMAO" in every response makes you look like an idiot.
    oh look another deflection and more failed insults LOL

    sorry thats what people typically do when they have no logical honest path to take

    no matter what you try to do your statement was factually wrong.

    just man up and admit it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #70
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    disagree what did the cops do that was "lots of stupid" ?

    they knocked on a door looking for a suspect? it wasnt the right door so what.

    And I swear im not being a smart ass Im being as PC with you and logical/rational/reality based as I can.

    answer these questions and I dont know the answers Im just trying to get you to think about reality.

    how how many times do you think the police knock on a door looking for suspect and thats not where the suspect is in just one single day? do you think 1000 is out of the question?

    how many times are the greeted with a gun pointed at them?


    EDIT: also to be clear im talking about with the current facts, these cops maybe mega types of stupid if other things comes out
    What "evidence" exists that the "suspect" pointed their gun at police, OTHER than the testimony of the TWO officers that both shot (and killed) him? What did YOU think they would say?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •