Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #361
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699
    I hope they are charged with murder.

    No private citizen has the right to shoot someone in these conditions. I could care less about 'policies'.

    When they have more rights than us, you are not free. You are a subject.
    Last edited by Aberration; 07-20-12 at 02:21 PM.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  2. #362
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I hope they are charged with murder.

    No private citizen has the right to shoot someone in these conditions. I could care less about 'policies'.

    When they have more rights than us, you are not free. You are a subject.
    Everyone has the right to self defense. Why shouldnt cops?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #363
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,703

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You say it is obvious but fail to piont out how the police failed to follow a procedure. Are you able to do that?

    To recap what we know.

    The police did their job by following up on a potential lead. While following up they followed procedure. A man attempted to murder the cops and he was shot because of it. Where is the problem?
    What? There was but ONE murder, to assert that the killer, now the only living witness is excused because he THOUGHT himself to be in danger as he SEES a gun inside an address, chosen at random, at 1:30AM that he decides is a POSSIBLE location of a murder suspect. What else do you expect ANY person would do after killing someone? Did you expect that an officer that would LIE about announcing himself as an LEO would not also lie to say the shoot was justified?

    When a "suspect" vehicle is identified is it not FAR easier, and safer to the public, to simply observe it and arrest the known SUSPECT when he later approcahes it, rather than bang on doors until you MAYBE find him? If having a gun in your home is now justification to be executed by police then we are in trouble. When unknown people are making noise at your front door, the LAST thing on your mind is that a murder suspect may have parked near by and that the police want to question YOU about it at 1:30AM. I do not doubt that the resident had a gun or that he may have had it in hand as he opened the door, yet it is VERY unlikely that it was pointed at the officer.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 07-20-12 at 02:54 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #364
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    A hand full of people are focusing on the wrong things that don't actually matter. Going by the info I read in the articles I looked up here are the basic things that matter.

    Police knock on a door, a man opens said door with a gun pointed at police, police shoot man pointing gun.

    If the story is true they man is at fault he acted stupid and got himself killed.
    The rest of the hoopla some of you are talking about doesn't matter unless more facts come out.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    I do not know of the police broke the local police procedures, I do not know enough about the local police laws. I am of the opinion that it is a problem with the police rules in general when in a country that is flooded with weapons, police officers do not identify themselves when knocking on a civilians house at unusual times of day. Times of day when inhabitants of a house have no reasonable expectation of visitors of passersby to call upon their house.

    I have seen police shows where cops go towards a car who didn't put their blinker on when turning left or right with a drawn gun or their hands on the gun. I do not have an issue with police officers approaching a home of a known suspect with guns drawn or hands on the guns, but police officers who come to your door in the middle of the night should/have to announce themselves.

    The man thought he was protecting his home from persons unknown, if they had announced themselves he would most likely never have had his gun out.

    It is tragic and this dead could have been avoided with different police procedures IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #366
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I do not know of the police broke the local police procedures, I do not know enough about the local police laws. I am of the opinion that it is a problem with the police rules in general when in a country that is flooded with weapons, police officers do not identify themselves when knocking on a civilians house at unusual times of day. Times of day when inhabitants of a house have no reasonable expectation of visitors of passersby to call upon their house.

    I have seen police shows where cops go towards a car who didn't put their blinker on when turning left or right with a drawn gun or their hands on the gun. I do not have an issue with police officers approaching a home of a known suspect with guns drawn or hands on the guns, but police officers who come to your door in the middle of the night should/have to announce themselves.

    The man thought he was protecting his home from persons unknown, if they had announced themselves he would most likely never have had his gun out.

    It is tragic and this dead could have been avoided with different police procedures IMHO.
    See now this is a reasonable post because its simple saying an OPINION and not pushing it as fact and then also giving support for the opinion. good post.

    I disagree with some of it, i don't think its necessary for the police to announce themselves no matter the time for a couple reasons.

    on the police side
    - One the cops have to look out for their safety too, dont want someone shooting at the door as soon as they say police
    - Their job is to catch the perp, dont want him running out the back, hiding or destroying evidence.

    on the home owners side
    - IMO it totally unreasonable to answer your door without looking to see who it is, or asking who it is
    - also its beyond stupid IMO to answer the door with pointing a gun at whoever is on the other side

    where else I dsagree is we dont know what the man thought he was doing, he may have thought he was protecting himself, I think thats a solid guess but that still doesnt make it right for him to POINT the gun at anybody for no real reason.

    Where I agree is that maybe this guy wouldnt have got himself shot with different procedures but that in no way means Im in favor of them or think different procedures are needed.

    Cops do unannounced door knocks all the time and at whatever time is needed, that is not abnormal or unreasonable, what is abnormal and unreasonable is being greeted by a gun pointed at you.

    and of course my feelings are based on if this story is actually true.

    Im not in favor of extra procedures to protect the stupid and hinder the cops at the same time.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #367
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    See now this is a reasonable post because its simple saying an OPINION and not pushing it as fact and then also giving support for the opinion. good post.

    I disagree with some of it, i don't think its necessary for the police to announce themselves no matter the time for a couple reasons.

    on the police side
    - One the cops have to look out for their safety too, dont want someone shooting at the door as soon as they say police
    - Their job is to catch the perp, dont want him running out the back, hiding or destroying evidence.

    on the home owners side
    - IMO it totally unreasonable to answer your door without looking to see who it is, or asking who it is
    - also its beyond stupid IMO to answer the door with pointing a gun at whoever is on the other side

    where else I dsagree is we dont know what the man thought he was doing, he may have thought he was protecting himself, I think thats a solid guess but that still doesnt make it right for him to POINT the gun at anybody for no real reason.

    Where I agree is that maybe this guy wouldnt have got himself shot with different procedures but that in no way means Im in favor of them or think different procedures are needed.

    Cops do unannounced door knocks all the time and at whatever time is needed, that is not abnormal or unreasonable, what is abnormal and unreasonable is being greeted by a gun pointed at you.

    and of course my feelings are based on if this story is actually true.

    Im not in favor of extra procedures to protect the stupid and hinder the cops at the same time.
    You are right, the man has done some grave errors when coming to the door. If it were me, I would have asked for the people outside my door to identify themselves before I even came close to the door. He too is partly to blame for his own death.

    In my honest opinion, if police feel there is a murderer in a house, they should go in full force and ask questions later. Arrest and then confirm whether or not it is the individual they are looking for. If yes, arrest and lock up. If no, apologize for the inconvenience, pay for the damage caused to door and or windows and be done with it.

    Paying for damage is far more agreeable then risking the death of an officer or the death of a suspect/innocent house owner.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #368
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    What? There was but ONE murder, to assert that the killer, now the only living witness is excused because he THOUGHT himself to be in danger as he SEES a gun inside an address, chosen at random, at 1:30AM that he decides is a POSSIBLE location of a murder suspect. What else do you expect ANY person would do after killing someone? Did you expect that an officer that would LIE about announcing himself as an LEO would not also lie to say the shoot was justified?

    When a "suspect" vehicle is identified is it not FAR easier, and safer to the public, to simply observe it and arrest the known SUSPECT when he later approcahes it, rather than bang on doors until you MAYBE find him? If having a gun in your home is now justification to be executed by police then we are in trouble. When unknown people are making noise at your front door, the LAST thing on your mind is that a murder suspect may have parked near by and that the police want to question YOU about it at 1:30AM. I do not doubt that the resident had a gun or that he may have had it in hand as he opened the door, yet it is VERY unlikely that it was pointed at the officer.
    You are doing nothing but making factless jumps to conclusions and showing your lack of understanding of police procedure.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #369
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You are doing nothing but making factless jumps to conclusions and showing your lack of understanding of police procedure.
    it remains and AVOIDABLE death....both sides made mistakes, no doubt....
    and only the deputies know the truth...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #370
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    it remains and AVOIDABLE death....both sides made mistakes, no doubt....
    and only the deputies know the truth...
    I agree, per the story, the guy could have avoided getting himself shot if he didnt answer the door point a gun for no real reason

    also you still havent listed the mistakes made by the cops??
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •