Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #351
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Isn't Florida that state with that stupid (IMHO) stand your ground law?

    If a man gets a knock at 1.30am by unknown people who are standing in front of his door, does he not have the stand your ground law on his side when he opens the door with an intent to protect himself? Only to be gunned down by deputies who must have had their guns out to begin with.

    Now if they had identified themselves as police officers than yes, this guy would have no reason to go to the door armed, but they didn't do that. So this was not a correct shooting IMHO. This man is the victim of failed police procedures.
    Thats not how stand your ground works and no it would not be on his side per the story we have.
    Also there is no evidence that the police had their guns drawn, they very well might have though but that doesnt impact the case.
    Please list in your opinion the failed police procedures.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #352
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,684

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Thats not how stand your ground works and no it would not be on his side per the story we have.
    Also there is no evidence that the police had their guns drawn, they very well might have though but that doesnt impact the case.
    Please list in your opinion the failed police procedures.
    The failed police procedure is OBVIOUS. The ONLY "evidence" related to that "door knock" at 1:30AM was a motorcycle parked "near by" possibly driven by a murder suspect. Police should EXPECT residents to be "on guard", after all at least one murder suspect is among them, they are likely asleep and NO emergency exists to warrant waking them all. The police decide to knock on ONE door, the resident was armed, so they ASSUMED it to be the suspect and executed him. They later claimed to have annouced themselves, once that was contradicted by witness(es) then they "corrected" ONLY THAT PART of their "official" statement. The ONLY evidence that the resident "pointed his weapon" was made by the very officer that executed him, assuring that the "official" version can not be disputed. All seem willing to brush off the CHANGE in the police statement that they made KNOWN the fact that they were LEO, yet that the gun was pointed at them is TRUE simply by the SAME officer's statement THAT WAS SHOWN TO BE A LIE about the initial LEO announcement "detail".
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 07-20-12 at 01:17 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #353
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The failed police procedure is OBVIOUS. The ONLY "evidence" related to that "door knock" at 1:30AM was a motorcycle parked "near by" possibly driven by a murder suspect. Police should EXPECT residents to be "on guard", after all at least one murder suspect is among them, they are likely asleep and NO emergency exists to warrant waking them all. The police decide to knock on ONE door, the resident was armed, so they ASSUMED it to be the suspect and executed him. They later claimed to have annouced themselves, once that was contradicted by witness(es) then they "corrected" ONLY THAT PART of their "official" statement. The ONLY evidence that the resident "pointed his weapon" was made by the very officer that executed him, assuring that the "official" version can not be disputed. All seem willing to brush off the CHANGE in the police statement that they made KNOWN the fact that they were LEO, yet that the gun was pointed at them is TRUE simply by the SAME officer's statement THAT WAS SHOWN TO BE A LIE about the initial LEO announcement "detail".
    So to recap, you dont have a list? or anything that shows the police violated procedures?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #354
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Thats not how stand your ground works and no it would not be on his side per the story we have.
    Also there is no evidence that the police had their guns drawn, they very well might have though but that doesnt impact the case.
    Please list in your opinion the failed police procedures.
    So, the cops go to someones door in the middle of the night, knock on a door without identifying themselves as police officers, they do not have their weapons drawn and the man who lives there opens the door with an intent to defend himself if he needs to and the police officers then have to draw their weapons and shoot the man? I am sorry but I think that is hard to believe, how hard would it be to shout "police officers PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN" while drawing their guns?

    It would have saved this persons life. But I think they had their guns drawn or in their hands.

    Failed police procedures? Check the address out before knocking on a persons door in the middle of the night. Identify yourself as a police officer if you knock on a door in the middle of the night.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #355
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    So, the cops go to someones door in the middle of the night, knock on a door without identifying themselves as police officers, they do not have their weapons drawn and the man who lives there opens the door with an intent to defend himself if he needs to and the police officers then have to draw their weapons and shoot the man? I am sorry but I think that is hard to believe, how hard would it be to shout "police officers PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN" while drawing their guns?

    It would have saved this persons life. But I think they had their guns drawn or in their hands.

    Failed police procedures? Check the address out before knocking on a persons door in the middle of the night. Identify yourself as a police officer if you knock on a door in the middle of the night.
    So police following police procedures that are in place for reasons are still to blame. No matter what an officer does, how well he does it, or the fact that he does it by the book people like some of you are just going to blame the cop.

    These cops did absolutely nothing wrong based on the reports that we have been given.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #356
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The failed police procedure is OBVIOUS. The ONLY "evidence" related to that "door knock" at 1:30AM was a motorcycle parked "near by" possibly driven by a murder suspect. Police should EXPECT residents to be "on guard", after all at least one murder suspect is among them, they are likely asleep and NO emergency exists to warrant waking them all. The police decide to knock on ONE door, the resident was armed, so they ASSUMED it to be the suspect and executed him. They later claimed to have annouced themselves, once that was contradicted by witness(es) then they "corrected" ONLY THAT PART of their "official" statement. The ONLY evidence that the resident "pointed his weapon" was made by the very officer that executed him, assuring that the "official" version can not be disputed. All seem willing to brush off the CHANGE in the police statement that they made KNOWN the fact that they were LEO, yet that the gun was pointed at them is TRUE simply by the SAME officer's statement THAT WAS SHOWN TO BE A LIE about the initial LEO announcement "detail".
    You say it is obvious but fail to piont out how the police failed to follow a procedure. Are you able to do that?

    To recap what we know.

    The police did their job by following up on a potential lead. While following up they followed procedure. A man attempted to murder the cops and he was shot because of it. Where is the problem?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #357
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You say it is obvious but fail to piont out how the police failed to follow a procedure. Are you able to do that?

    To recap what we know.

    The police did their job by following up on a potential lead. While following up they followed procedure. A man attempted to murder the cops and he was shot because of it. Where is the problem?
    we don't know what their procedure is yet.....and words like murder or execute are overly harsh words whether you are applying them to the cops or the victim. the "potential lead" could have been checked out in daylight....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #358
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    So, the cops go to someones door in the middle of the night, knock on a door without identifying themselves as police officers, they do not have their weapons drawn and the man who lives there opens the door with an intent to defend himself if he needs to and the police officers then have to draw their weapons and shoot the man? I am sorry but I think that is hard to believe, how hard would it be to shout "police officers PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN" while drawing their guns?

    It would have saved this persons life. But I think they had their guns drawn or in their hands.

    Failed police procedures? Check the address out before knocking on a persons door in the middle of the night. Identify yourself as a police officer if you knock on a door in the middle of the night.
    you may find it hard to believe and thats fine by me, I asked what the failed procedures are because per the story we dont have proof of any.

    If you are suspect of the story thats fine by me.

    they most certainly do not have to announces themselves for simply knocking
    they may or may not of had their guns drawn, I dont know but its a non-impact to the current details
    we also do not know the mans intentions, yes I would also ASSUME he wanted to protect himself BUT if he was pointing the gun that doesnt matter what his reason is.

    nobody said its hard to yell anything by why do they have to, why risk it, you werent there I wasnt there so again them choosing to shut or not is another detail that has no impact.

    Im still waiting on the failed procedures, they do not have to identify themselves doing a door knock that is fact nor do they have to check an address, what address? who says the guy even lives there in those apartments, maybe the bike is parked at a GF apt.

    So to recap, you think its fishy and I have no problem with that but per the info we have there weren't any failed procedures.

    Also to recap things that are of no current impact

    Time
    address
    guns drawn or not
    police announcing themselves

    none of this things have a current impact to the story, we can disagree with them and have OPINIONS of what they could/should have done but thats all it is, opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #359
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we don't know what their procedure is yet.....and words like murder or execute are overly harsh words whether you are applying them to the cops or the victim. the "potential lead" could have been checked out in daylight....
    That is absurb. When you have a lead as a cop you dont wait for it to disappear or wait till later because it might inconvenience someone. **** that. They had every right and the responsibility to knock on that door.

    And murder is not too harsh a word. You point a gun at someone your intent is to murder them. Unless you are in a legal authority to be doing so.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #360
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we don't know what their procedure is yet.....and words like murder or execute are overly harsh words whether you are applying them to the cops or the victim. the "potential lead" could have been checked out in daylight....
    it could have been checked out in the day time and someone else could have been killed or he could have got away. The time of day is meaningless.

    and we do know some of the policies, especially the ones people are crying about like announcing themselves, its no needed or required.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •