Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #341
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    what articles support you? what links?
    one that YOU posted lmao

    it said announcing yourself isnt needed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #342
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    one that YOU posted lmao

    it said announcing yourself isnt needed
    post number?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #343
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    post number?
    sure no problem

    post: #217

    Link: Lake deputies kill armed man: Lake deputies kill armed man in hunt for attempted-murder suspect - Orlando Sentinel

    quote:

    Deputies, however, did not announce who they were, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. John Herrell, because they thought it would be more "tactically advantageous." Herrell said it is not standard procedure for deputies to announce their presence, but the officers were in uniform.

    The resident answered armed with a gun, which he pointed at deputies. One of the deputies fatally shot the man, identified as Andrew Lee Scott, 26.

    Herrell said the decision whether or not to announce law-enforcement presence is up to the deputy on the scene.
    you probably missed it because you were to busy focusing on the part afterwards about drugs and telling us we should expect a spin about drugs LOL another unsupported assumption

    You're welcome
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-19-12 at 11:29 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #344
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sure no problem

    post: #217

    Link: Lake deputies kill armed man: Lake deputies kill armed man in hunt for attempted-murder suspect - Orlando Sentinel

    quote:



    you probably missed it because you were to busy focusing on the part afterwards about drugs and telling us we should expect a spin about drugs LOL another unsupported assumption

    You're welcome
    NO, I never said what you claimed I said, someone in the link said it.
    Here is a little exercise for you, read the first post, YOURS, and then note how you like the attention you get, but then turn into a petulant child when people start disagreeing with you. You get nasty....
    here are some post numbers for you, I only went thru about 4 pages, but it should be enough.
    33 54 62 66 67* 69 72
    67 is the one where you first get petty and uncivil with me...you start these little flame wars and just keep escalating.
    I hope you aren't in a job where you are allowed to carry a weapon....or have a CWP....the anger you exhibit here when challenged should be enough to deny you a CWP...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #345
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    1.)NO, I never said what you claimed I said, someone in the link said it.
    2.)Here is a little exercise for you, read the first post, YOURS, and then note how you like the attention you get, but then turn into a petulant child when people start disagreeing with you. You get nasty....
    here are some post numbers for you, I only went thru about 4 pages, but it should be enough.
    33 54 62 66 67* 69 72
    67 is the one where you first get petty and uncivil with me...you start these little flame wars and just keep escalating.
    3.)I hope you aren't in a job where you are allowed to carry a weapon....or have a CWP....the anger you exhibit here when challenged should be enough to deny you a CWP...
    LMAO oh the irony look how made you are because you got exposed LOL

    1.) actually YOU said it about the drugs also in post 215 "the victim in this case supposedly had drugs in his home, and you can expect the sheriff's dept to spin that...."

    2.) wrong I dont not get made for people "disagreeing" that is a bold face lie LOL
    I have NO problem with people disagreeing I only point it out when people push lies and or opinion as truth like you did and you did it with no logical evidence, calling you out on that fact bothers you try not posting in that fashion

    3.)
    I do have a CWP and I have no anger hence me laughing and telling facts compared to you lashing out and just trying failed insults, the irony in your posts is staggering, it literally makes me laugh out loud at you

    and again you prove it with ANOTHER off topic failed insults about guns, like I said before. Anything you call uncivil was actually on topic and pointing out how you were WRONG, your random childish off topic insults are clearly different LOL Mine are factual and have support yours are just random and you lashing out in anger

    Its like you dont even realize what you post

    you have failed yet again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #346
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    when people start disagreeing with you. You get nasty....
    here are some post numbers for you, I only went thru about 4 pages, but it should be enough.
    33 54 62 66 67* 69 72
    67 is the one where you first get petty and uncivil with me...you start these little flame wars and just keep escalating.

    just for fun I figured id look at your numbers

    33, accurate & on topic
    54 accurate & on topic
    62 accurate & on topic
    66 accurate & on topic
    67 accurate & on topic

    and in 67 the one where you claim im being pretty uncivil i even say this "I swear im not being a smart ass Im being as PC with you and logical/rational/reality based as I can."

    yep so mean and angry or me

    69 accurate & on topic
    71 accurate & on topic

    sigh, another fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #347
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    just for fun I figured id look at your numbers

    33, accurate & on topic
    54 accurate & on topic
    62 accurate & on topic
    66 accurate & on topic
    67 accurate & on topic

    and in 67 the one where you claim im being pretty uncivil i even say this "I swear im not being a smart ass Im being as PC with you and logical/rational/reality based as I can."

    yep so mean and angry or me

    69 accurate & on topic
    71 accurate & on topic

    sigh, another fail
    uncivil, every post....you start the thread, insult anyone who doesn't tell you how wonderful you are, and then lie to yourself about it.....get help, man, get help....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #348
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    uncivil, every post....you start the thread, insult anyone who doesn't tell you how wonderful you are, and then lie to yourself about it.....get help, man, get help....

    look ANOTHER thread with no other purpose but to be uncivil and use failed insults, nothing on topic at all?? hmmmmm
    LMAO thats funny

    so pointing out facts is insulting? thats interesting, talk about being dishonest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #349
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-20-12 @ 02:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Let me start by saying, from the reports the officer that shot is a K-9 officer, and has been working 40 hours plus of overtime every 2 weeks, for a month or more. He was also involved in another case where he was witness to a shooting of another person by one of his fellow LEO's (LEO=Law Enforcement Officer). It appears that it originally started because of a fight by another person that interjected himself, when one of two assailants slapped his girlfriend in the face. Police were called and the two assailants went separate ways one in a vehicle the other on a motorcycle. The one in the vehicle was apprehended and charged with a battery charge. The other on the motorcycle lost the police. He parked it in front of Mr. Scott's apartment. The officers came back approximately 15 mins later and found the motorcycle in the apartmentís parking lot. The charge against the second assailant (on the motorcycle, which turns out to be a Certified LEO) was originally Aggravated Battery or possibly Aggravated Assault, when dispatchers were talking. This was after the shooting of Mr. Scott, you can hear in the recording the one dispatcher explaining the person they were chasing, wanting to know if he was the one killed. In the hour that followed due to the shooting of Mr. Scott, and to justify the force used the charge was elevated to Attempted Murder. It also took a 1 1/2 to know that they had not got the suspect they were chasing and held off EMS from the scene (so witnesses have reported).

    Here is a link to the Radio Dispatch Tape: Radio Calls: Police to Lake Co. sheriff night of... | WFTV Channel 9 Orlando, Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Central Florida | www.wftv.com

    The Public Information Officer, Lt Harrell first reported his officers had announced themselves but had to come back and retract his statement. He also claimed they were chasing a violent criminal.

    Does Aggravated Battery or Aggravated Assault require Deadly force? Or would a stun gun have been more appropriate in the situation?

    If the person being chased had been cornered, Why was the other apartments evacuated, area secured, and their swat team brought in, they have been advertising on the media how good of a unit they have?

    And since the officer that shot Mr. Scott, was a K-9 Officer why did he not us his dog to make sure the assailant had gone to that apartment?

    Since the officer had witnessed the shooting less than two weeks ago, and having been working all the overtime was he on his "A" game?

    They had their cars sitting with no lights, no sirens, and why is it there was no dash-cam pointed at this door to film what went down?

    There seems to be a lot of mishandling on this case. It is most unfortunate for Mr. Scott and his Family and friends that a 26 year old young manís life has been lost this way.

    Consider what you would do if that had been you answering the door to your apartment, one entrance and someone is beating on it?

    Consider also, What if that had been another LEO that they did not recognize, I can assure you they would have answered the door with a Firearm in hand. They probably would have shot an officer then.

    This is truly a tragic occurrence, it smells of problems within the whole organization from the top down, within the Lake County Sheriff Office the good people of there deserve answers, and probably a written policy, or protocol for future incidents so another life will not be lost this way.

    RIP - Andrew Scott

  10. #350
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Isn't Florida that state with that stupid (IMHO) stand your ground law?

    If a man gets a knock at 1.30am by unknown people who are standing in front of his door, does he not have the stand your ground law on his side when he opens the door with an intent to protect himself? Only to be gunned down by deputies who must have had their guns out to begin with.

    Now if they had identified themselves as police officers than yes, this guy would have no reason to go to the door armed, but they didn't do that. So this was not a correct shooting IMHO. This man is the victim of failed police procedures.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •