Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #181
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    He woke up to banging and crashing and hollering, the police DID NOT ANNOUNCE themselves. So here's a guy woken up in the middle of the night, hears a commotion, doesn't know what is going on, grabs his gun and goes to investigate. What about that is unreasonable? He opens the door, cops claim they saw a gun and shoot him dead.

    Now, who has to prove the point? Only an ignorant statist would say that the State is assumed correct over the individual. In the Republic, the individual is assumed INNOCENT, the State is not. Burden of proof is on the State. The Cops, whom are agents of the State, must then demonstrate the necessity for being there, why they did not announce their presence, the reasons for acting in the manner that they did. The State is restricted, not the Individual. The cops did EVERYTHING wrong, no warrant, no announcement, nothing. Scare the **** out of some dude in the middle of the night, he grabs his gun, and the cops open fire on him. That's what happened.
    You have no understanding of the law. The cops do not have to wait to react to a threat on their lives while on duty until after a trial. You point a gun at a cop they shoot you. Nothing illegal there. The cops do not need a warrant to knock on a door when there is reason to believe a suspect is inside.

    Scare the **** out of some dude in the middle of the night, he grabs his gun, and the cops open fire on him. That's what happened.
    To an unreasonable person who tends to blame the cops simply because they are cops and who wants to see people thrown in jail or who believes that people should be found guilty without evidence maybe. But to the rational person who beleives that when all the evidence in a case points to a person not being guilty and no evidence to the contrary, even when they are police, they are innocent. Just because you have an irrational hatred of authority figures does not mean these men did anything wrong.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #182
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said it appeared authorities inflated the charges to justify what happened.
    "From the minute this case was reported, it's been a constant attempt to shift the blame, shift the focus away from the sheriff's office," said Sheaffer.
    The charges dont matter. He pointed a gun at police officers. He deserved to be shot.

    YOU CANNOT POINT A GUN AT ANYONE FOR KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR. THAT IS ILLEGAL.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #183
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You have no understanding of the law. The cops do not have to wait to react to a threat on their lives while on duty until after a trial. You point a gun at a cop they shoot you. Nothing illegal there. The cops do not need a warrant to knock on a door when there is reason to believe a suspect is inside.



    To an unreasonable person who tends to blame the cops simply because they are cops and who wants to see people thrown in jail or who believes that people should be found guilty without evidence maybe. But to the rational person who beleives that when all the evidence in a case points to a person not being guilty and no evidence to the contrary, even when they are police, they are innocent. Just because you have an irrational hatred of authority figures does not mean these men did anything wrong.
    The cops statement that he pointed the gun at them is invalid as evidence because if he didnt then the cops would have their lives stripped from them via the law. How would you expect someone to awnser the door armed? Most people would imagine with the gun ready but not pointed at anything in general. maybe even pointed up into the air but ready to aim with a flick of the wrist right? Chances are the dude had a gun in his hands, NOT pointed at whatever was banging on his door. Cops saw it and INSTANTLY fired at the sight of a gun regardless if it was pointed at them or not. The cops statements cant be taken as proof when said statement judges them harshly.

    Its not a case of "Don't point a gun at someone knocking on your door." Because the cops had guns pointed at him before the door was even open. They weren't knocking on the door just to ask a casual question if they had their guns ready. They were in a violent stance and hence probably even knocked violently. Its obvious the guy never intended to threaten a cop because they never got shot at. These cops thought they had "their guy" and ****ed up bad.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Logic and commen sense would dictate corrective action needs to be taken immediatly. My theory and speculation is the most logical and probably truth of the situation. Not saying im right. But im pretty sure i probably am. The cops words cant be trusted because a person is dead and their whole life depends on them saying "He pointed it at us." Because they didn't announce themselves and the way the this situation unfolded they don't deserve to protect citizens. Sure maybe this was all an accident. It could have been avoided with stricter scruples. Just because a suspects vehicle is ditched, parked, stored in front of someone's place doesn't give the cops a right to knock unanounced and "just see what pops out of the door" while they have their guns trained and ready. Either they anounce themselves because they have weapons ready or they dont have weapons ready and just want to ask a question. One of the other. Not both ways.

    (Ohh.. Hello! I just want to ask you some question with this gun pointed right at your damn face) No...
    what logic?
    what common sense?

    you mena you guess and opinion LMAO


    how is your theory most logical? based on WHAT FACTS AND EVIDENCE

    why cant the cops words be trusted? MOST cops can be trusted lol

    they do NOT have to announce themselves when knocking no matter how many times you say it lol

    also they can knock if looking for a perp and they can have their guns ready if they want

    who said they had

    again you are welcom to your opinion but at best thats all it is, nothing in the stories support it yet
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The cops statement that he pointed the gun at them is invalid as evidence because if he didnt then the cops would have their lives stripped from them via the law. How would you expect someone to awnser the door armed? Most people would imagine with the gun ready but not pointed at anything in general. maybe even pointed up into the air but ready to aim with a flick of the wrist right? Chances are the dude had a gun in his hands, NOT pointed at whatever was banging on his door. Cops saw it and INSTANTLY fired at the sight of a gun regardless if it was pointed at them or not. The cops statements cant be taken as proof when said statement judges them harshly.

    Its not a case of "Don't point a gun at someone knocking on your door." Because the cops had guns pointed at him before the door was even open. They weren't knocking on the door just to ask a casual question if they had their guns ready. They were in a violent stance and hence probably even knocked violently. Its obvious the guy never intended to threaten a cop because they never got shot at. These cops thought they had "their guy" and ****ed up bad.
    more random guesses
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #186
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You have no understanding of the law. The cops do not have to wait to react to a threat on their lives while on duty until after a trial. You point a gun at a cop they shoot you. Nothing illegal there. The cops do not need a warrant to knock on a door when there is reason to believe a suspect is inside.
    So somebody reacting reasonably and being shot for it is a sign of good training and good cops, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    To an unreasonable person who tends to blame the cops simply because they are cops and who wants to see people thrown in jail or who believes that people should be found guilty without evidence maybe. But to the rational person who beleives that when all the evidence in a case points to a person not being guilty and no evidence to the contrary, even when they are police, they are innocent. Just because you have an irrational hatred of authority figures does not mean these men did anything wrong.
    Please try a more intellectually honest argument that does not revolve around ad hom and hyperbole.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #187
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The charges dont matter. He pointed a gun at police officers. He deserved to be shot.

    YOU CANNOT POINT A GUN AT ANYONE FOR KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR. THAT IS ILLEGAL.
    So how much of this holds water?

    Lake County Sheriff's Lt. John Herrell said deputies never identified themselves when they knocked on Andrew Scott's apartment, thinking he was an attempted homicide suspect. Herrell said the deputies did not identify themselves as law enforcement because they believed Scott to be armed and dangerous. However, in reality, they said he was just a man opening the door at 1:30 a.m. with a gun in his hands.
    Scott was shot several times when he opened the door armed.
    Deputies said Scott answered the door armed with a gun. One of the deputies then opened fire, killing Scott.
    So at what point was he POINTING A GUN AT ANYONE? All information says he simply had a gun, which would be a reasonable reaction to the disturbance experienced. But no, this is well trained and good policing, yes? Shooting someone for reasonable reactions.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #188
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The cops statement that he pointed the gun at them is invalid as evidence because if he didnt then the cops would have their lives stripped from them via the law.

    Uhhh. No. Him pointing the gun at them is not invalid. That is the main point.

    How would you expect someone to awnser the door armed?
    I dont. You dont point guns at people. If someone is pointing a gun at you it is because they intend to shoot you. Cops had two choices, get shot, or shoot.

    Chances are the dude had a gun in his hands, NOT pointed at whatever was banging on his door. Cops saw it and INSTANTLY fired at the sight of a gun regardless if it was pointed at them or not. The cops statements cant be taken as proof when said statement judges them harshly.
    How exactly are you determining these chances you are referring to? Can I see the data you have collected?

    Its not a case of "Don't point a gun at someone knocking on your door." Because the cops had guns pointed at him before the door was even open.
    Cops have every right to have their guns drawn.

    Because the cops had guns pointed at him before the door was even open. They weren't knocking on the door just to ask a casual question if they had their guns ready.
    They were knocking and had their guns drawn because they felt a dangerous suspect may have been inside. When looking for a violent suspect the cops should be prepared. That is common sense. You are irrationally attacking these police for no reason other than your hatred of authority figures.

    Its obvious the guy never intended to threaten a cop because they never got shot at.
    Can you please share the evidence of how you know his intent? Did he text you as he was opening the door? Or are you condemning police officers just because they are cops and you can imagine some scenario? And didnt intended to threaten? When you point a gun at a person what do you think the intent is? Comedy? Love?

    These cops thought they had "their guy" and ****ed up bad.
    Can you support this with something other than imagination?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #189
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So somebody reacting reasonably and being shot for it is a sign of good training and good cops, huh?



    Please try a more intellectually honest argument that does not revolve around ad hom and hyperbole.
    YOu didnt even try to reply. let me know when you can.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #190
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    YOu didnt even try to reply. let me know when you can.
    I did reply. I asked if being shot for a reasonable reaction is a sign of good training and good cops. Please try a bit of honesty in your arguments.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •