Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #171
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Okay.. But at they same time they cant just slam on someone's door at 1 in the morning without announcing "POLICE!"
    yes. yes they can. cops can knock on any door and do not have to announce themselves unless they are forcibly entering the home. Which they were not.

    If someone is slamming on their front door at 1am, unannounced, you better believe a smart person would have a weapon in hand. T
    In hand and pointing it are 2 totally different things. Also if you are that worried about who is knocking, you would look outside the window or thru a peep hole to see who it is. It is very likely he knew who was out there but even if not, he had no right to point a gun at anyone who knocks at h is door no matter the time of day or night.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #172
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    you should LMAO, you can't afford to LYBO (laugh your brains out)


    retiring from the field now, I know when an effort is futile, we can't teach the uneducable and the willfully ignorant...
    oh look failed insults LMAO

    yep this is the path people take when they cant back up their false claims, its obvious you have no logical, rational objective path to take so you result to being uncivil.


    Sorry I exposed you for having no evidence but all you had to do is admit you were GUESSING based on nothing but your unsupported opinion. LOL

    we will keep waiting for this "evidence" you claim to have posted
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-19-12 at 03:44 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #173
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    How was he innocent? He threatened the lives of police officers. Should they just stand there and wait till they are shot to react? or until he shoots someone else? You point, you die. They reacted apporopriately. He was not innocent.
    He woke up to banging and crashing and hollering, the police DID NOT ANNOUNCE themselves. So here's a guy woken up in the middle of the night, hears a commotion, doesn't know what is going on, grabs his gun and goes to investigate. What about that is unreasonable? He opens the door, cops claim they saw a gun and shoot him dead.

    Now, who has to prove the point? Only an ignorant statist would say that the State is assumed correct over the individual. In the Republic, the individual is assumed INNOCENT, the State is not. Burden of proof is on the State. The Cops, whom are agents of the State, must then demonstrate the necessity for being there, why they did not announce their presence, the reasons for acting in the manner that they did. The State is restricted, not the Individual. The cops did EVERYTHING wrong, no warrant, no announcement, nothing. Scare the **** out of some dude in the middle of the night, he grabs his gun, and the cops open fire on him. That's what happened.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #174
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    cops dont have to announce themselves when knockin on a door LMAO

    the guy is stupid for pointin his gun at people he didnt know simply because they knocked on his door. Nobody smart does that.
    Every time a cop has knocked on my door they didnt just knock. They slammed on it. Very, very hard. He'll they slam the door so hard you can hear them pound-knocking on neighbors doors. EVERY time they have announced "POLICE! Open up! We hear you in there open up now!" or something to that effect. Every single time.

    Now you are telling me its not ok to answer your door armed when someone just pounds on your door at 1 in the morning like a crackhead? They weren't knocking to ask a question because they had their guns drawn. So you know they where slamming that damn door. If they had done their job right it would have went 1 of 2 ways.

    They slam on the door with guns and shout POLICE! Dude unwields the gun because he knows its the PoPo and opens up. No one dies.

    They slam on the door to ask around, guns holstered. Because they are just investigating. Dude answers with a gun because of the time + awkwardness of the knock. Dude sees its cops. Dude puts the gun down. Surprised cops draw their gun and disarm the man. Explanations ensue.

    This is obviously a case of overeager trigger happy cops that want to catch the bad guy so much they possibly sacrifice some innocent good dudes. Which goes against the whole point of being a cop.
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 07-19-12 at 03:50 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #175
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Every time a cop has knocked on my door they didnt just knock. They slammed on it. Very, very hard. He'll they slam the door so hard you can hear them pound-knocking on neighbors doors. EVERY time they have announced "POLICE! Open up! We here you in there open up now!" or something to that effect. Every single time.

    Now you are telling me its not ok to answer your door armed when someone just pounds on your door at 1 in the morning like a crackhead? They weren't knocking to ask a question because they had their guns drawn. So you know they where slamming that damn door. If they had done their job right it would have went 1 of 2 ways.

    They slam on the door with guns and shout POLICE! Dude unwieldy the gun because he knows its the PoPo and opens up. No one dies.

    They slam on the door to ask around, guns holstered. Because they are just investigating. Dude answers with a gun because of the time + awkwardness of the knock. Dude sees its cops. Dude puts the gun down. Surprised cops draw their gun and disarm the man. Explanations ensue.

    This is obviously a case of overeager trigger happy cops that want to catch the bad guy so much they possibly sacrifice some innocent good dudes. Which goes against the whole point of being a cop.
    please do not lie and make stuff up, who said its not ok to answer your door armed? thats right NOBODY lmao

    Ill believe your fantasy story when you provide one single shred of evidence to it

    untill then its nothing more than an illogical GUESS, thats the issue

    hell you story could be 100% right, though theres no reason o think so but the FACT remains theres nothing to support it.

    so until more details come out and something changed, per the story the cops were not at fault LMAO no amount of fantasy will change that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #176
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Every time a cop has knocked on my door they didnt just knock. They slammed on it. Very, very hard. He'll they slam the door so hard you can hear them pound-knocking on neighbors doors. EVERY time they have announced "POLICE! Open up! We hear you in there open up now!" or something to that effect. Every single time.
    .
    Then those cops were about to enter.


    Now you are telling me its not ok to answer your door armed when someone just pounds on your door at 1 in the morning like a crackhead? They weren't knocking to ask a question because they had their guns drawn. So you know they where slamming that damn door. If they had done their job right it would have went 1 of 2 ways.
    Having a gun in your hand and pointing it are two completely separate things. You point a gun because you intend to shoot or make something think you are about to shoot. Whichever of those two things was his intention the police had the right to defend themselves.


    They slam on the door with guns and shout POLICE! Dude unwieldy the gun because he knows its the PoPo and opens up. No one dies.
    Police have protocols to follow and these guys did. It is illegal to point a gun at someone for knocking on your door. This man had absolutely no right to aim his gun at another person, let alone a group of cops.

    They slam on the door to ask around, guns holstered. Because they are just investigating. Dude answers with a gun because of the time + awkwardness of the knock. Dude sees its cops. Dude puts the gun down. Surprised cops draw their gun and disarm the man. Explanations ensue.
    He did not put the gun down he pointed it.

    This is obviously a case of overeager trigger happy cops that want to catch the bad guy so much they possibly sacrifice some innocent good dudes. Which goes against the whole point of being a cop.
    This is a terrible statement. They were overeager to make it home that night. What innocent good dude died? The point of being a cop is protect and serve. This includes themselves.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #178
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    IF true police should not have inflated charges to make anything more justified and that is wrong

    as per the cops that did the shooting, and the current FACTS, at hand my original statement still stands

    cops who did the shooting did nothing wrong

    we'll see if that changes per more FACTS
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #179
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    please do not lie and make stuff up, who said its not ok to answer your door armed? thats right NOBODY lmao

    Ill believe your fantasy story when you provide one single shred of evidence to it

    untill then its nothing more than an illogical GUESS, thats the issue

    hell you story could be 100% right, though theres no reason o think so but the FACT remains theres nothing to support it.

    so until more details come out and something changed, per the story the cops were not at fault LMAO no amount of fantasy will change that.
    Logic and commen sense would dictate corrective action needs to be taken immediatly. My theory and speculation is the most logical and probably truth of the situation. Not saying im right. But im pretty sure i probably am. The cops words cant be trusted because a person is dead and their whole life depends on them saying "He pointed it at us." Because they didn't announce themselves and the way the this situation unfolded they don't deserve to protect citizens. Sure maybe this was all an accident. It could have been avoided with stricter scruples. Just because a suspects vehicle is ditched, parked, stored in front of someone's place doesn't give the cops a right to knock unanounced and "just see what pops out of the door" while they have their guns trained and ready. Either they anounce themselves because they have weapons ready or they dont have weapons ready and just want to ask a question. One of the other. Not both ways.

    (Ohh.. Hello! I just want to ask you some question with this gun pointed right at your damn face) No...
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #180
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said it appeared authorities inflated the charges to justify what happened.
    "From the minute this case was reported, it's been a constant attempt to shift the blame, shift the focus away from the sheriff's office," said Sheaffer.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •