Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 372

Thread: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

  1. #121
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    A cop's job is hard enough, and now you expect them to get the address right?
    Am I the only person who read the article? The cops did not get the address wrong. The police were actively looking for this person and did not know where to find him. He was not residing at that address. He was known to drive a motorcycle and they found the motorcycle parked in front of this address. Seeing his vehicle parked there they went and knocked on the door. That is not a mistaken address. They went to the correct address and he just happened to not be there. They had a very valid reason for knocking on that door.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #122
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Am I the only person who read the article? The cops did not get the address wrong. The police were actively looking for this person and did not know where to find him. He was not residing at that address. He was known to drive a motorcycle and they found the motorcycle parked in front of this address. Seeing his vehicle parked there they went and knocked on the door. That is not a mistaken address. They went to the correct address and he just happened to not be there. They had a very valid reason for knocking on that door.
    at 1;30 in the morning? NO.....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #123
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    currently has it stands they shouldnt be charged with anything no grounds to charge them per the facts we currently have
    What? You can knock on a door in the middle of the night and, IF the person inside is armed, then you may execute them? May all citizens now do this or only LEOs? I have yet to see "evidence" that ANY aggressive action was taken by this person in their own appartment. The ONLY explanation, for the on the spot execution, was that a "suspicious" motorcycle was parked near that apartment and that a gun was seen. Seeing a person in their own home with a gun is NOT a crime. Simply believing that a threat exists, because you "see a gun" does NOT make that into "reasonable" cause for execution.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #124
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    you were there? no, none of us were...but the version being told smells to high heaven. The dead man was killed for doing something stupid in front of armed men with improper training.

    being stupid usually isn't a felony and even then doesn't carry the death penalty.

    And if anyone think cops don't lie.....they have a lot to learn.
    who said I was there, im going by the story while a few of you conspiracy theorist are simply making stuff up and pushing your opinions as fact.

    If you think it smells funny, im fine with that, say that, say its you OPINION something may seem off

    as soon as you say "improper training" there no facts to support that, you are guessing based on nothing
    Maybe you are right but no info we have supports it, so I will continue to point it out as a total guess

    next in your post is meaningless filler, hyperbole and bias rhetoric to try and sell you unsupported opinion.

    who said "being stupid usually is a felony and is punishable by death" thats right nobody LMAO nor is that what happened here

    who said "cops dont lie" thats right, again NOBODY, just a meaningless irrelevant point

    currently the the facts say the man got himself killed for pointing a gun at police officers for no apparent legitimate reason which was stupid.

    If that changes let me know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #125
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Am I the only person who read the article? The cops did not get the address wrong. The police were actively looking for this person and did not know where to find him. He was not residing at that address. He was known to drive a motorcycle and they found the motorcycle parked in front of this address. Seeing his vehicle parked there they went and knocked on the door. That is not a mistaken address. They went to the correct address and he just happened to not be there. They had a very valid reason for knocking on that door.
    Well that settles it, everyone knows that parking in an apartment complex is totally reliable.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #126
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Am I the only person who read the article? The cops did not get the address wrong. The police were actively looking for this person and did not know where to find him. He was not residing at that address. He was known to drive a motorcycle and they found the motorcycle parked in front of this address. Seeing his vehicle parked there they went and knocked on the door. That is not a mistaken address. They went to the correct address and he just happened to not be there. They had a very valid reason for knocking on that door.
    So, ONLY if a criminal suspect parks near your house then, the police may now execute you if you have a gun? Is this only a police power or can all citizens now execute anyone that they see with a gun, even in their own home?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, I can't help but notice the similarity to the GZ story. One? We are to take the perpetrators at face value. The other? We're to rip the perpetrator to shreds. I'm just sayin'...

    The details of this investigation will probably never be made public. They should be. Coppers should be held to a higher standard of conduct than regular ole' me. I'd like to see public hearings any time a copper discharges his firearm and injures someone. Look at the information that's been realized in the GZ case. Think we'll see that kind of transparency here? I don't.


    who is we?
    "I" didnt "rip anybody to shreds"

    my statement is VERY objective, IF the story is true, the police aren't at fault and the man is.

    as far as transparency? public hearings? higher standard of conduct? etc I have no problem with that stuff but it doesnt impact my statement?

    If people want to ask me if I think its possible theres something being covered up? YES of course its "possible" but that wont cause me to make stuff up and say the police are at fault based on guesses and opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Deputies Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door

    Fla. deputies shoot, kill wrong suspect - Law Enforcement News


    [SIZE=-1]

    I don't think the deputies did anything wrong at all.

    "IF" the small details in the story are true they were in the right. Who opens their door, not asking who it is simply pointing a gun? That's just not smart.

    Its unfortunate but I dont think theres any fault on the LEOs
    Taking the story at face value, IMO the police did the right thing. Only a nut answers the door with a gun drawn, and yes, if you point a gun at a cop you're going to get shot. I totally agree with the shooting. Don't pull a gun on a cop.

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I know I'm going to get hog-tied and whipped for this, but I also know it's true:

    If this victim had been black? We'd have a whole different story going on. Sorry, but I can't help noting the complete and total disparity.
    maybe you just like being hogtied and whipped :p

    again you dont know its true, you are guessing.

    black men are shot everyday they all dont make the news

    there is no disparity at all in reality, unless of course you know that every single time a black guy is shot by a white guy its huge news and the opposite is true for the reverse.

    I would agree that just like there are people here TOTALLY GUESSING, there would also be people in that case TOTALLY GUESSING
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Fla. Deputies Shoot and Kill Man After Knocking On Wrong Door. ‎

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    who said I was there, im going by the story while a few of you conspiracy theorist are simply making stuff up and pushing your opinions as fact.

    If you think it smells funny, im fine with that, say that, say its you OPINION something may seem off

    as soon as you say "improper training" there no facts to support that, you are guessing based on nothing
    Maybe you are right but no info we have supports it, so I will continue to point it out as a total guess

    next in your post is meaningless filler, hyperbole and bias rhetoric to try and sell you unsupported opinion.

    who said "being stupid usually is a felony and is punishable by death" thats right nobody LMAO nor is that what happened here

    who said "cops dont lie" thats right, again NOBODY, just a meaningless irrelevant point

    currently the the facts say the man got himself killed for pointing a gun at police officers for no apparent legitimate reason which was stupid.

    If that changes let me know
    Who, other than the police that executed the man, saw the "suspect" point a gun at police. I maintain that a hyped up duo of officers THOUGHT that a murder suspect was inside, ALREADY had their weapons drawn, and immediately upon SEEING a gun, executed that person. If the gun was already POINTED at the officers then how do they explain having no shot fired at them as they drew their own weapons?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •