Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #861
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I didn't, but there is something to be said about people like him. They argue for expanding the domain of force outside of protecting the rights and liberties of the people. I can't work with people like him.
    You do know that not everyone thinks like you do, don't you? You do realize that elected officials are not elected to shove their ideology down the throats of the public, don't you? But to work with, and compromise with, the opposition party.

    We don't have a my way or the highway government.

  2. #862
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    I see your confusion lingers on...

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Of course he was talking about the US...
    Then why are you talking about businesses other than U.S. businesses succeeding without government? That has nothing to do with what Obama was talking about since he was talking about America.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    ... and business's inability to succeed without without his help.
    Umm, he never said businesses could not succeed without his help. But this certainly does go a long way in explaining why so many are talking exception to what he said ... like you, many of them have no idea what he was talking about. All they know is that Obama spoke and they're outraged.

  3. #863
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How many of the house was it? Did the Republicans push it to the floor in the form of an act to be voted on? Or did they just talk about it?
    I see you're still trying your damnedest to defend your ridiculous statement that the mandate was supported by no Republicans other the one who sponsored the bill.

    How sad.

    Why don't you just admit you had no idea what in the hell you were talking about when you made that asinine comment, let it go, and move on? Everyone here already knows you don't know what you're talking about anyway.

  4. #864
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not if my duty is to protect their rights and liberties.

    You don't do that by walking away form the table. That's chicken ****. Also, if our leader's examples are any predictor, you only do that when the other party has some power. Otherwise, you support exactly the same thing when your party is in power (see Romney in Mass and health care, or Bush and his bailouts and spying and Patriot act).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #865
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Great response by the Romney team:




    Ya'll ain't running against no John McCain this time round, fellas
    Romney's tougher than McCain?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #866
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're the one who won't negotiate or compromise. That's exactly my point about the GOP. There is no working with them because their stated goal is to block everything Obama does unless it fits in with their agenda. That's not a reflection on Obama ... that's a rfelection on the GOP and their dereliction of duty.
    Their duty is to protect the rights and liberties of all Americans. Obama has shown to not care for these liberties or rights and so therefore there is nothing to compromise on. He puts forward ideas that are designed to expand the authority of the state outside of those restraints and I simply have nothing to talk to him on those issues about until he finds those restraints once more.

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't do that by walking away form the table. That's chicken ****. Also, if our leader's examples are any predictor, you only do that when the other party has some power. Otherwise, you support exactly the same thing when your party is in power (see Romney in Mass and health care, or Bush and his bailouts and spying and Patriot act).
    I'm not a republican and could never dream myself as one when their is such vermin in their ranks that support what is their foundation of the platform. They are nothing like me, and like Obama I would have to refuse to go to the table when basic restraints are breached.

  8. #868
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You do know that not everyone thinks like you do, don't you? You do realize that elected officials are not elected to shove their ideology down the throats of the public, don't you? But to work with, and compromise with, the opposition party.

    We don't have a my way or the highway government.
    When healthcare is proposed to be taken over or we have ideas that violate the basic human rights of all Americans I find it is my duty to make sure my people are safe from their oppression. I know what this country was founded on and I know why government exists and I will hold to that.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-22-12 at 05:22 PM.

  9. #869
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Their duty is to protect the rights and liberties of all Americans. Obama has shown to not care for these liberties or rights and so therefore there is nothing to compromise on. He puts forward ideas that are designed to expand the authority of the state outside of those restraints and I simply have nothing to talk to him on those issues about until he finds those restraints once more.
    Perhaps you believe "Obama has shown to not care for these liberties or rights," but that doesn't make it so. It just makes it your opinion.

  10. #870
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    When healthcare is proposed to be taken over or we have ideas that violate the basic human rights of all Americans I find it is my duty to make sure my people are safe from their oppression. I know what this country was founded on and I know why government exists and I will hold to that.
    Seems to me that healthcare is a basic human right and not one reserved only to those who can afford it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •