Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Before governments got into the business of building roads and internet lines, businesses still existed.
    It's pretty dumb to suggest, that sans government paved roads and government subsidized projects, that commerce would cease to exist.
    without public infrastructure, commerce would exist, but you'd be paying local warlords instead of government, and you'd get a lot less for your money.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I read what he said, and you're wrong. Sorry.

    From the link:

    “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

    “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,” he said. “The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.”


    Read more: Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that' | Fox News

    This is exactly what I spoke of. Context. We must read all the words.
    yes, I read ALL the words, so, I don't want you to accuse me of taking him out of context.

    Let me explain something to you, and our ignorant President. And yes, he's ignorant when it comes to business, how they get started, and what it takes to make one successful.
    While it is true that governments build roads, let me remind you that they built roads BECAUSE there were businesses that needed them. They build roads BECAUSE people are going to work. Businesses are not the result of roads and bridges, it's the exact opposite. Roads and bridges are the result of businesses, and the people they employ.

    Get it straight. Teachers are the result of a society that values education, and they are PAID to do it. Schools make tons of money, BECAUSE THEY TOO ARE A BUSINESS. It takes a BUSINESS to hire that teacher.

    He makes it sound as if the internet wouldn't exist without the government. Bull. It would still exist. It was the greatest invention in modern history, it would have still been developed. It existed BEFORE the government subsidized it's development. Oh, and btw, the government didn't invent the internet did they?

    He has no idea what he's talking about. I didn't build my own business? That's news to me, because I don't see anyone else helping pay the bills around this office. I don't see anyone else investing 70 hours per week to increase my business. Liberals will argue, "well, if it weren't for your customers, your business wouldn't exist". True enough, but that doesn't make them responsible for my business. I provide a service and a product that people want and need. If it weren't for my business, they wouldn't get it. Or if it weren't for another business owner, they wouldn't get it. The door swings both ways Mr. President.

    The reason I have customers, is because I have something the public wants. I risked a lot to start a business, and if it weren't for countless hours of hard work and smarts, the business would fail. So, don't sit there and tell me "I didn't build that". Of course I did. Ignorant Obama thinks that all a successful business requires is a bunch of people to buy something. Wrong. Or all a successful business requires is a person who had a good teacher in 8th grade. Wrong. Or all a successful business requires is a good road. Wrong. Like I said, he's ignorant. He's never owned a business, he's never been an entreprenuer, he's never experienced what it takes to start and operate a business.

    Kick rocks man. Come out here in the real world where your income is earned by working and producing something. The only thing he produces is massive debt, burdensome regulations, higher taxes, federal mandates, and hot air like we've seen here. If his presidency were a business, they would have filed bankruptcy already, because I don't know of many "customers" who would buy his "products". For sale: tax increase. For sale: more regulations. For sale: trillions and trillions of dollars in new debt. Who's buying? Those people you see wasting paychecks on lottery tickets.

  3. #73
    User Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    07-26-14 @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    121

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    So NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, & CNN Headline news, all of these are not credible news sources either?

  4. #74
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    yes, I read ALL the words, so, I don't want you to accuse me of taking him out of context.

    Let me explain something to you, and our ignorant President. And yes, he's ignorant when it comes to business, how they get started, and what it takes to make one successful.
    While it is true that governments build roads, let me remind you that they built roads BECAUSE there were businesses that needed them. They build roads BECAUSE people are going to work. Businesses are not the result of roads and bridges, it's the exact opposite. Roads and bridges are the result of businesses, and the people they employ.

    Get it straight. Teachers are the result of a society that values education, and they are PAID to do it. Schools make tons of money, BECAUSE THEY TOO ARE A BUSINESS. It takes a BUSINESS to hire that teacher.

    He makes it sound as if the internet wouldn't exist without the government. Bull. It would still exist. It was the greatest invention in modern history, it would have still been developed. It existed BEFORE the government subsidized it's development. Oh, and btw, the government didn't invent the internet did they?

    He has no idea what he's talking about. I didn't build my own business? That's news to me, because I don't see anyone else helping pay the bills around this office. I don't see anyone else investing 70 hours per week to increase my business. Liberals will argue, "well, if it weren't for your customers, your business wouldn't exist". True enough, but that doesn't make them responsible for my business. I provide a service and a product that people want and need. If it weren't for my business, they wouldn't get it. Or if it weren't for another business owner, they wouldn't get it. The door swings both ways Mr. President.

    The reason I have customers, is because I have something the public wants. I risked a lot to start a business, and if it weren't for countless hours of hard work and smarts, the business would fail. So, don't sit there and tell me "I didn't build that". Of course I did. Ignorant Obama thinks that all a successful business requires is a bunch of people to buy something. Wrong. Or all a successful business requires is a person who had a good teacher in 8th grade. Wrong. Or all a successful business requires is a good road. Wrong. Like I said, he's ignorant. He's never owned a business, he's never been an entreprenuer, he's never experienced what it takes to start and operate a business.

    Kick rocks man. Come out here in the real world where your income is earned by working and producing something. The only thing he produces is massive debt, burdensome regulations, higher taxes, federal mandates, and hot air like we've seen here. If his presidency were a business, they would have filed bankruptcy already, because I don't know of many "customers" who would buy his "products". For sale: tax increase. For sale: more regulations. For sale: trillions and trillions of dollars in new debt. Who's buying? Those people you see wasting paychecks on lottery tickets.
    If not for the full faith and credit of the United States (which he has managed- the first President in history to have done so- to get that credit rating tarnished by a downgrade) to borrow more money, he would have bankrupted the country. With any set of financials you look at, frankly, the country IS bankrupt.

    He wants to take the credit for peoples successes away from them, yet isn't it ironic the comment he made after the successes of Seal Team 6: "I got Bin Laden."
    "We need to ask some very tough questions of the senator from Illinois. It's not enough to be black, it's not enough to be articulate, it's not enough to be eloquent and a media darling. The only question will be how deaf an ear, or how blind an eye will people turn in order to turn a frog into a prince." -Eddie Huff

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    At a campaign stop in Roanoke, VA, Obama takes a shot at entreprenuers and small business owners, suggesting that they are not responsible for the success of their own businesses.

    IMO, blatant comments such as these show the disrespect that Obama has for ingenuity, resourcefulness, and hard work. I do not think comments such as these will benefit him among independent and other swing voters.

    Also, I find it interesting that no other major news outlet other than Fox News picked up this story. Interesting, but not surprising.

    Quoting Obama,




    Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that' | Fox News

    This is the second thread where a far-rightie Obama haters is taking a statement out of context.

    And the source is Fox News.

  6. #76
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    At a campaign stop in Roanoke, VA, Obama takes a shot at entreprenuers and small business owners, suggesting that they are not responsible for the success of their own businesses.

    IMO, blatant comments such as these show the disrespect that Obama has for ingenuity, resourcefulness, and hard work. I do not think comments such as these will benefit him among independent and other swing voters.

    Also, I find it interesting that no other major news outlet other than Fox News picked up this story. Interesting, but not surprising.

    Quoting Obama,




    Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that' | Fox News
    its the same theme from Fauxchontas. Its the collectivist "it takes a village so therefore the village should get all you earn nonsense.

    one of the dems' bs mantra that existing gives you a right to the property of others

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    So NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, & CNN Headline news, all of these are not credible news sources either?
    Why, because they (except MSNBC) only have a right of center lean and not a far-right bias like Fox.

  8. #78
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why, because they (except MSNBC) only have a right of center lean and not a far-right bias like Fox.
    this is just plain stupid. you claim to be a moderate when you are far left. You claim that NBC ABC, CBS and CNN are right of center when most people see them as left wing. You can only claim this if you are far far left

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is just plain stupid. you claim to be a moderate when you are far left. You claim that NBC ABC, CBS and CNN are right of center when most people see them as left wing. You can only claim this if you are far far left
    Perhaps moderate as in Lenin was a moderate compared to Stalin?

    If this guy is a moderate then David Duke should be president of the NAACP!

  10. #80
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Look at the wingnuts making up something the president didn't say and then getting all mad about it.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •