Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Dude, you really need to do the homework yourself before you make yourself look even sillier. Corporate income taxes comprise just 9% of federal tax revenue, versus 42% from individual taxes. The lion's share of the rest comes from payroll taxes.
    now that's the facts, Jack.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,746

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Who built the roads there? The government?

    Hmmmmm.....where did the government get the money to build those roads?
    So what's your point? That because taxes were used in most cases, building roads is bad?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So what's your point? That because taxes were used in most cases, building roads is bad?
    No, building roads is good. But understanding who is responsible for those roads is the point. It's not the government, it's the tax payers and businesses. Obama was taking credit for something government isn't responsible for.

    My business succeeds because of my hard work, risk management, vision, and determination, NOT because there's a road outside, and NOT because of my 3rd grade teacher.

  4. #504
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so you acknowledge that the silly claim that "Obama says business-owners didn't create their businesses", is a stupid lie?
    No, it's not a lie. That's what he said. I agree that what he meant by it has been exaggerated....but it is what he said.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #505
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Before it's all over, leftie revisionists will have "nuanced" Obama's little slip to mean "without American entrepreneurial spirit and individual risk taking, America and capitalism couldn't exist"

    ****ing frauds.
    Incrementally, and always under the guise of "fairness", "equality", and "social justice", the US Constitution has been deceitfully interpreted in ways that remove all limitations on central authority...and place them on the people.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Dude, you really need to do the homework yourself before you make yourself look even sillier. Corporate income taxes comprise just 9% of federal tax revenue, versus 42% from individual taxes. The lion's share of the rest comes from payroll taxes.
    Combining corporate tax revenues and payroll tax revenues, businesses pay the lion's share of taxes. Who do you think pays payroll taxes? Especially when a person is self-employed?

    Also, you are not factoring in that fact that 60% of all small businesses pay taxes as INDIVIDUALS, not as corporations.

    Like I said, homework consists of a little more than looking at a single google search, or pie chart my friend. More ignorance on display from yet another person with just as much business experience as the Manchild Obama.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it's not a lie. That's what he said. I agree that what he meant by it has been exaggerated....but it is what he said.
    no, its not what he said.

    no intelligent & logical reading of his statement can bring one to that conclusion.

  8. #508
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Are you familiar with the concept of a neccesary but not sufficient condition? That is what Obama was describing. Government is necessary for businesses succeed, but government alone obviously isn't sufficient. It also requires individual initiative, hard work, and personal responsibility.
    Business has succeeded under every form of govt and lack thereof. Govt is not the required ingredient for business to thrive.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Business has succeeded under every form of govt and lack thereof. Govt is not the required ingredient for business to thrive.
    govt. provides the infrastructure to allow business to succeed.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no, its not what he said.

    no intelligent & logical reading of his statement can bring one to that conclusion.
    Whatever cheerleader. He said it. He means it. He's ignorant. He's never owned a business, and the reason you don't get it, is because you've never built anything yourself either.

Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •