Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    We're shipping American jobs to China as fast as we can.

    If you want those jobs to come back to America, tell your Congressmen to change our environmental and labor laws so they are similar to China's.
    and yet their was a story on ABC news today about manufacturing jobs coming BACK to the USA, even without loosening our labor & environmental laws. They found that our quality was better, amoung other things.

  2. #352
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    We're shipping American jobs to China as fast as we can.

    If you want those jobs to come back to America, tell your Congressmen to change our environmental and labor laws so they are similar to China's.
    Personally, I suspect the major reason for outsourcing is that people want cheap goods. I would be surprised if labor laws and EPA regs were the primary problem.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #353
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Personally, I suspect the major reason for outsourcing is that people want cheap goods. I would be surprised if labor laws and EPA regs were the primary problem.
    true but labor laws and EPA regs increase the price of goods

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true but labor laws and EPA regs increase the price of goods
    sure, maybe a little.

  5. #355
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    sure, maybe a little.
    at the profit margins many companies operate at-a "LITTLE" is the difference between hiring more people, investing in more R&D or shutting the doors

  6. #356
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true but labor laws and EPA regs increase the price of goods
    Even if we paid minimum wage, Chinese and other foreign goods would still be much less expensive than ours.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #357
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    The fact is is that a lot of businesses succeed in spite of government.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah, because you say so. Don't buy it, buy European socialism, because you are unable to do for yourself. Do you realize that many couldn't afford slaves, and did their own work? You really are in fairyland about slavery.
    Buy it or not, it is what you're speaking of. The mythology is much more prevenlent than reality in a lot of cultures. But everything I mentioned, from forts to slavery to the Constitiion replacing the articles of confederation, was us using and working with others to succeed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The fact is is that a lot of businesses succeed in spite of government.
    Fact is this quote was drastically taken out of context


  10. #360
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Even if we paid minimum wage, Chinese and other foreign goods would still be much less expensive than ours.
    But....if we got rid of the minimum wage law........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •