Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #1461
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I envy you the jumps. I had a few from C-130s and a few more from C-141s. On the latter I was a stick leader so I was always first out on my side of the aircraft. I loved it.

    I got stuck in an inversion for a couple of minutes once. Very interesting.
    I like tailgating better, but the C-141's are a rush.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1462
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I like tailgating better, but the C-141's are a rush.
    I hated side doors. I didn't like jumping to begin with, but side doors made it worse. I preferred jumping from slicks, because skids up to PLF was only about 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1463
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I hated side doors. I didn't like jumping to begin with, but side doors made it worse. I preferred jumping from slicks, because skids up to PLF was only about 15 minutes.
    I "suffer" from the compelling need to jump. The higher up I am the greater the compulsion. Any jump was a good jump.

  4. #1464
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I "suffer" from the compelling need to jump. The higher up I am the greater the compulsion. Any jump was a good jump.
    I on the other don't care for hights. However, espeically with a military jump, with all the equipment on, shoulder to shoulder with 60 fellow troopers, 100 degrees on the plane, and the guy next to your voimits, well, there were times I might have jumped without the parachute.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1465
    User Johnlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-21-13 @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    What is so hard to understand that government builds infrastructure, businesses use the infrastructure, and without the infrastructure business can not thrive. Not to mention that a stable and solvent government is also necessary for entrepreneurship to thrive. It's all true..

  6. #1466
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Citzens. Nearly all of which pay some sort of tax.
    Except for the very poor and the very rich who can take advantage of numerous tax loopholes written into the code for them. This is why Romney pays 14% but most of Middle Class America pays 25-28%.

  7. #1467
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlaw View Post
    What is so hard to understand that government builds infrastructure, businesses use the infrastructure, and without the infrastructure business can not thrive. Not to mention that a stable and solvent government is also necessary for entrepreneurship to thrive. It's all true..
    In your world view then all that businesses need to survive and thrive is a nearby government-built road or bridge?

    Who do most businesses fail? Is it due to a lack of a nearby government-built road or bridge?

  8. #1468
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Except for the very poor and the very rich who can take advantage of numerous tax loopholes written into the code for them. This is why Romney pays 14% but most of Middle Class America pays 25-28%.
    Would you please direct me to the part of the tax code that is written for the "very rich"? I would like to see it.

    Is it time for you to join in the effort to get the Fair Tax in place?

  9. #1469
    Student comedy4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Last Seen
    12-28-12 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    204
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Would you please direct me to the part of the tax code that is written for the "very rich"? I would like to see it.

    Is it time for you to join in the effort to get the Fair Tax in place?
    Last year I paid somewhere close to 6%. H and R block rocks!
    COMEDY 4 ALL! it's a life Philosophy.

    Chuck Norris once got bit by a king cobra. after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died!

  10. #1470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, community came first, trade was second.
    Trade is one of the foundations of human existence and the world at large. As a result, the family and the community came after trade. This is all self evident if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-12-12 at 12:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •