Page 140 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #1391
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Fortunately, those of us who "buy the lies" are about to be the solution. Come NOvember there will be NObama.

    He is a disaster. He must go. His ideas are foreign. His philosophy is Marxist. His beliefs are anti-American, anti-capitalist, anti-liberty.
    NOvember will be a turning point for the nation. If we reject the one term Marxist, as I believe we will, then we are on the very hard path toward liberty once again. If we keep the Marxist in power then it will be time to recognize that this experiment in individual liberty and freedom is over.
    Romney may or may not win, but your lies will not cahnge anything in terms of the direction of the country. Romeny will govern with very little difference. You'll just not see it as clearly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1392
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Did government do that or did a population become more wealthy cause it?

    How do we filter laws that cause more harm than good? One simple way is to have provision that sunset every law. We could use a sliding scale. If a law is passed unanimously then allow it to run for a decade. Then expire it. If it passes with one vote let it run a year. Do not allow any law to be re-passed without a debate in both chambers of Congress. Eliminate the ability of any agency to develop rules that can be foisted upon the American public without debate and votes in both houses of Congress. Put every proposed rule and law on the net for a minimum of one month along with all of the hearings about the rules or laws prior to a vote.

    Immediately sunset the most costly laws and rules today with a minimum of 1% of those not yet discussed as above every month. Make no exceptions. Then the American people will begin to see that it is morning once again, in America.
    How about, and this is a novel thought, addressing each law and regulation individually? If there is a good reason, keep it. If not, repeal it?

    Also, what you keep missing is that people, American people, are often who brought these regulations about. Rarely did government act without some push from some group in the population outside of government.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1393
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I have repeatedly invited you to substantiate your claims.

    You have repeatedly declined to do so. This is not my problem.
    This is stupidity beyond belief. I am not going to gather the facts and figure showing the increased income for a business before and after a bridge is built, compare that to the marginal per unit trucking costs of using said bridge, and show that beyond these marginal costs passed to the huge increased numbers of customers, that the business has paid nothing for the massive benefits derived.

    It is a fools errand for someone simply wanting to waste another's time while holding to a losing argument.

    Dude.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-04-12 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1394
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is stupidity beyond belief.
    I absolutely agree, except YOU are the one offering it.

    I am not going to gather the facts and figure showing the increased income for a business before and after a bridge is built, compare that to the marginal per unit trucking costs of using said bridge, and show that beyond these marginal costs passed to the huge increased numbers of customers, that the business has paid nothing for the massive benefits derived.
    Well, if you want to make the claim that such a benefit exists over and above what they pay to use the bridge, then you're going to have to gather and post those facts.

    Sorry if that's too bothersome for you.

    It is a fools errand for someone simply wanting to waste another's time while holding to a losing argument.
    You've never successfully repeated back what my argument is. What you want me to do is prove WRONG an argument of YOURS which you've pointedly REFUSED to substantiate.

    No, really. You have expressly stated that you WILL NOT substantiate your argument.

    If you don't have any confidence in your argument, that, too, is not my problem.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #1395
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I absolutely agree, except YOU are the one offering it.Well, if you want to make the claim that such a benefit exists over and above what they pay to use the bridge, then you're going to have to gather and post those facts.Sorry if that's too bothersome for you.You've never successfully repeated back what my argument is. What you want me to do is prove WRONG an argument of YOURS which you've pointedly REFUSED to substantiate.No, really. You have expressly stated that you WILL NOT substantiate your argument.If you don't have any confidence in your argument, that, too, is not my problem.
    Your argument...against mine....is simply a denial of my argument.....that the business IS paying a proportion amount for the benefit derived from the traffic increase. Your only supportive point has been "the delivery truck pays more"....but as I have repeatedly pointed out, that cost is tiny, marginal, per unit...AND IS PASSED ON to those increased numbers of customers.

    Further, you can't even bring yourself to post, in its entirety and without parsing, my argument. You continue to avoid it. You claim it is "new". You want the math. The math is unnecessary since the costs you claim exist....do not. They are passed on. So unless YOU have some costs in mind that have not shown up in my argument....you again have nothing.

    I have total confidence in my argument, and your denial has no standing.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-04-12 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1396
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument...against mine....is simply a denial of my argument.....that the business IS paying a proportion amount for the benefit derived from the traffic increase. Your only supportive point has been "the delivery truck pays more"....but as I have repeatedly pointed out, that cost is tiny, marginal, per unit...AND IS PASSED ON to those increased numbers of customers.
    Bzzzt. Incorrect. I told you twice what my argument is.

    You prove me correct when I say you want me to disprove your argument which you expressly refuse to substantiate. And you have the temerity to say I don't know how debate works.

    Further, you can't even bring yourself to post, in its entirety and without parsing, my argument. You continue to avoid it. You claim it is "new". You want the math. The math is unnecessary since the costs you claim exist....do not
    That's hilarious. I posted the toll schedule. Those are the costs.

    They are passed on. So unless YOU have some costs in mind that have not shown up in my argument....you again have nothing.

    I have total confidence in my argument, and your denial has no standing.
    So much confidence that you adamantly refuse to prove it.

    Look, if your next post isn't mathematical support for your mathematical argument, then we're done here. No more time to waste on you.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #1397
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Bzzzt. Incorrect. I told you twice what my argument is.
    Your previous points were addressed by me....and you say I don't read well! The argument you are having with me now has moved beyond those.

    You prove me correct when I say you want me to disprove your argument which you expressly refuse to substantiate. And you have the temerity to say I don't know how debate works.That's hilarious. I posted the toll schedule. Those are the costs.So much confidence that you adamantly refuse to prove it.
    Look, if your next post isn't mathematical support for your mathematical argument, then we're done here. No more time to waste on you.
    Obviously you have not worked retail, where the marginal shipping costs you cite as being the costs paid for the bridge, are past on to the customer. The business is not bearing those costs, they are passed on. And again, if that is all you have to counter that a business does not pay a proportional amount for the increased traffic to his door, sorry it amounts to zero.

    If you don't want to address the current argument, my point, I suggest you move on.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-04-12 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Not sure why the "That" and the "It" threads were never merged... nevertheless, here's hoping some people get better informed about the 'That' and the 'It'.

    Cheers!!


  9. #1399
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Romney may or may not win,
    I will be delighted if the one term Marxist loses. If the number of takers has risen to the point that they can keep the one term Marxist in the White House that is enough of a signal that the nation is doomed for reasonable people to begin to consider their options.
    but your lies will not cahnge anything in terms of the direction of the country.
    Other than defeating the one term Marxist no action I take can change the direction of the nation-lies or not.

    Romeny will govern with very little difference. You'll just not see it as clearly.
    Romney's winning is just the beginning. We must also put more conservatives into the House and the Senate. We need to replace Speaker Boehner with a leader, preferably a conservative leader.

    Then we must begin to dismantle the European-socialist state piece by piece. There will be a very great task ahead of us once Romney wins.

  10. #1400
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about, and this is a novel thought, addressing each law and regulation individually? If there is a good reason, keep it. If not, repeal it?
    I offer the opposite approach because the quantity of regulations have become so vast. Let us do away with them and see if anyone notices them. If they are important enough to be noticed then let's follow my entirely reasonable approach to make sure the people actually want to bear the enormous burdens imposed upon them.

    Also, what you keep missing is that people, American people, are often who brought these regulations about. Rarely did government act without some push from some group in the population outside of government.
    I agree. But now it is time for a re-evaluation. Did the people really intend to shackle themselves to long term high unemployment and high energy costs? Did the people really intend that some busybody bureaucrat somewhere else could decide how they can or cannot use their land? Did American citizens really intend to sell their birthright to freedom for a handful of food stamps and utopian promises of getting something for nothing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •