Page 126 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #1251
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    No, this is not a double post.
    Attachment 67131669
    I said to be just as obvious.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Why can't righties go do their jobs without whining and complaining? They whine and complain about everything. The whining and complaining never stops. They just don't know any better, they whine and complain to no end.



    notice how well my little change works?


    Just who is "whining and complaining" here?
    Those who think every successful person in America did everything all by themselves without any help from anybody else.
    Those who whine when gay couples ask for the same rights as hetero couples, as if granting equal rights to all somehow takes something away from the already privileged.
    Those who whine when it is pointed out that this nation was not founded on Judeo-Christian principles.
    Those who whine when they are asked to help support the less fortunate.
    Those who whine when science teachers tell their children that a creation story from an ancient text is not science.

    The list of whiners and complainers goes on and on. At this time it does seem to me that most of the whining is coming from those who are afraid that their previously privileged position in our society is under threat by those they consider unworthy. All aided and abetted by a well-funded noise machine whose goals will actually do more to suppress the majority than anything on the left's agenda.
    Let's get something straight: It is the never ceasing whining of the LIEberrhoidals (and their subset: the Obamarrhoidals) that initiate the incessant whining. There would not have been any Anti-LIEberrhoidal RESPONSEto whining without the LEIberrhoidals initiating the whining. Example:queers whining about the concept of a marriage, in existence for millenia. When, the queers suddenly desire to change the meaning of the English word for "marriage" to suit their sexual predilection.

    Another one of the many examples:There never woulda been the Anti-LIEberrhoidal RESPONSE to the whining of the Obamarrhoidals if there wasn't the DISASTROUS increase of America's entitlements from 6% in 1962 to the present 35% mostly, and certainly catastrophically, by Obama by even advertising and encouraging entitlements like food stamps.

    No one rational woulda even thought of the lame concept that any enterpreneurial accomplishment woulda been thanks to "roads & bridges, public education etc., when EVERYONE benefits from this equally, and it is the SKILL, DILIGENCE, HARD WORK, CREATIVITY that is responsible for the existence of "roads, bridges, public education" because it is the tax payer dollars of the enterpreneurial spirit EARNED by the creative citizens that PAID for these "roads, bridges, public education, etc" ......NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !!!

    In short: IT IS THE TAXPAYERS, the taxed HARD WORKERS ON DIFFERENT LEVELS, THE CREATIVE IN OUR SOCIETY, THAT PAID FOR THE "ROADS, BRIDGES, PUBLIC EDUCATION, ETC..........not the ~48% of America.....MOSTLY the parasites, the moochers who DO NOT PAY ANY INCOME TAXES yet feel "ENTITLED" to take the money from those that earned the money most simply because they have the ability o breathe. And, it is the TAXPAYERS that pay for the legitimate care of those hardworking people who may be displaced by economic conditions.

    BOTTOM LINE: You can't build "roads, bridges, have public education, etc., paid with the money that the PARASITES & THE MOOCHERS don't have !!!

    I suppose the rumour is true that the Monumental Mendacious Fraud Obama is issuing another one of his idiotic "Redistribution of Wealth" EXECUTIVE ORDERS with respect to Olympic Gold Medals (at least for the Americans): so that the competing American Olympians don't feel sad, Obuma is issuing every American Olympian a silver medal. Of course, in this case, as with all of his other "brilliant ideas", the cost for this enterprise will be borne by the American Taxpayer.
    Last edited by HoongLoong; 07-29-12 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #1253
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    Let's get something straight: It is the never ceasing whining of the LIEberrhoidals (and their subset: the Obamarrhoidals) that initiate the incessant whining. There would not have been any Anti-LIEberrhoidal RESPONSEto whining without the LEIberrhoidals initiating the whining. Example:queers whining about the concept of a marriage, in existence for millenia. When, the queers suddenly desire to change the meaning of the English word for "marriage" to suit their sexual predilection.

    Another one of the many examples:There never woulda been the Anti-LIEberrhoidal RESPONSE to the whining of the Obamarrhoidals if there wasn't the DISASTROUS increase of America's entitlements from 6% in 1962 to the present 35% mostly, and certainly catastrophically, by Obama by even advertising and encouraging entitlements like food stamps.

    No one rational woulda even thought of the lame concept that any enterpreneurial accomplishment woulda been thanks to "roads & bridges, public education etc., when EVERYONE benefits from this equally, and it is the SKILL, DILIGENCE, HARD WORK, CREATIVITY that is responsible for the existence of "roads, bridges, public education" because it is the tax payer dollars of the enterpreneurial spirit EARNED by the creative citizens that PAID for these "roads, bridges, public education, etc" ......NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !!!

    In short: IT IS THE TAXPAYERS, the taxed HARD WORKERS ON DIFFERENT LEVELS, THE CREATIVE IN OUR SOCIETY, THAT PAID FOR THE "ROADS, BRIDGES, PUBLIC EDUCATION, ETC..........not the ~48% of America.....MOSTLY the parasites, the moochers who DO NOT PAY ANY INCOME TAXES yet feel "ENTITLED" to take the money from those that earned the money most simply because they have the ability o breathe. And, it is the TAXPAYERS that pay for the legitimate care of those hardworking people who may be displaced by economic conditions.

    BOTTOM LINE: You can't build "roads, bridges, have public education, etc., paid with the money that the PARASITES & THE MOOCHERS don't have !!!

    I suppose the rumour is true that the Monumental Mendacious Fraud Obama is issuing another one of his idiotic "Redistribution of Wealth" EXECUTIVE ORDERS with respect to Olympic Gold Medals (at least for the Americans): so that the competing American Olympians don't feel sad, Obuma is issuing every American Olympian a silver medal. Of course, in this case, as with all of his other "brilliant ideas", the cost for this enterprise will be borne by the American Taxpayer.
    Gotta love a noob rant lol. Hey bro, using words such as queer usually results in no one reading past that point in the post that it appeared. As it did with me.
    ďMr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.Ē ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Ė Thomas Jefferson

  4. #1254
    Advisor Romulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-28-14 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    324

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Forget about whatever conspiracy theory you've got going there, just read the whole actual speech by Obama:

    "There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didnít -- look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business -- you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

    "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

    "So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the G.I. Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together."

    Obviously there isn't anything offensive about that, right?
    No, I don't think anything is offensive about what Obama said. It is wrong though, infrastructure exists because business owners put capital at risk and create new markets. As for Lakoff, I don't mean to suggest any conspiracy, only that Obama has stolen Lakoff's meme. Which is in essence to cloak socialism in a new lingo. We've heard others use this line:



    I imagine someone at the two campaign's read Lakoff and suggested their candidates borrow from him. Seems to have worked out ok for Warren, bit of an--as a blogger I read put it--"exploding cigar" for Obama. All this emphasizes the espoused differences between the candidates, Obama wants more government and Romney wants less.

  5. #1255
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    No, I don't think anything is offensive about what Obama said. It is wrong though, infrastructure exists because business owners put capital at risk and create new markets. As for Lakoff, I don't mean to suggest any conspiracy, only that Obama has stolen Lakoff's meme. Which is in essence to cloak socialism in a new lingo. We've heard others use this line:



    I imagine someone at the two campaign's read Lakoff and suggested their candidates borrow from him. Seems to have worked out ok for Warren, bit of an--as a blogger I read put it--"exploding cigar" for Obama. All this emphasizes the espoused differences between the candidates, Obama wants more government and Romney wants less.
    I linked the video earlier, showing it wasn't orginal. However, business did not lay out capital for roads and such and take the risk you suggest. taxes were collected and government acted to for the common good, which in turn made it so business didn't have to on their own. And frankly neither candidate really wants less. Neither party for that matter. We had republican rule for sometime and there was no serious reduction, only minor changes in which areas grew. So if you really want smaller government, and not just playing a your side game, you really don't want either party.

    The only thing that concerns be about Obama's comment, and you ahd add Romney's likes to fire people comment, is how lazy we've become. We don't seem interested at all inn real issues, but in taking lies as down down dishonest lane as we can. Too much work to present a real and honest argument.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1256
    Advisor Romulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-28-14 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    324

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I linked the video earlier, showing it wasn't orginal. However, business did not lay out capital for roads and such and take the risk you suggest. taxes were collected and government acted to for the common good, which in turn made it so business didn't have to on their own. And frankly neither candidate really wants less. Neither party for that matter. We had republican rule for sometime and there was no serious reduction, only minor changes in which areas grew. So if you really want smaller government, and not just playing a your side game, you really don't want either party.

    The only thing that concerns be about Obama's comment, and you ahd add Romney's likes to fire people comment, is how lazy we've become. We don't seem interested at all inn real issues, but in taking lies as down down dishonest lane as we can. Too much work to present a real and honest argument.
    I can't argue with your statement about the Republicans, I just have no other realistic choice. Just as you have no realistic choice other than to vote for the guy keeping Gitmo open. As far as "honest argument" in response to Obama's statement, I believe I have presented that here in this thread, showing how we can do way with the Federal DOT by privatizing and delegating to states its functions.

    It is businesses who "lay out capital for roads and such", where do you think the taxes came from? Yes, most roads are financed through user's fees on gas...but who drills the oil? Who refines the gas? Who delivers the gas? Who sells the gas and actually collects the tax?

    Businesses.

    We don't need a $91 Billion dollar a year expenditure on a federal department to build roads...and business owners don't need to hear the talking points of a socialist clown from Berkeley being parroted by their president.

  7. #1257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I linked the video earlier, showing it wasn't orginal. However, business did not lay out capital for roads and such and take the risk you suggest. taxes were collected and government acted to for the common good, which in turn made it so business didn't have to on their own. And frankly neither candidate really wants less. Neither party for that matter. We had republican rule for sometime and there was no serious reduction, only minor changes in which areas grew. So if you really want smaller government, and not just playing a your side game, you really don't want either party.

    The only thing that concerns be about Obama's comment, and you ahd add Romney's likes to fire people comment, is how lazy we've become. We don't seem interested at all inn real issues, but in taking lies as down down dishonest lane as we can. Too much work to present a real and honest argument.
    Perhaps that is because neither candidate is willing to lay out specifics on the real issues knowing that they will have to make some folks mad in the process. Where have we heard a real answer to fixing the social security problem. Most people acknowledge there are a couple of ways that are pretty easy to tease out to fix it. Which candidate will say that health care costs are rising and unsustainable and really lay out ways to get HC costs materially below the 17% of GDP it is now. Who will talk about true tax code reform, both personal income and corporate taxes.

    Since neither candidate is willing to take on these issues, sites like this one are left to "debate" non serious issues.

    When someone actually were to take a stand on a serious issue on this site, you have people from either side jump to name calling and any hope for reasonable debate is lost after a post or two.

    I am not a great internet user, if you know of a site where real political debate occurs I would appreciate you letting me know the name.

  8. #1258
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Perhaps that is because neither candidate is willing to lay out specifics on the real issues knowing that they will have to make some folks mad in the process. Where have we heard a real answer to fixing the social security problem. Most people acknowledge there are a couple of ways that are pretty easy to tease out to fix it. Which candidate will say that health care costs are rising and unsustainable and really lay out ways to get HC costs materially below the 17% of GDP it is now. Who will talk about true tax code reform, both personal income and corporate taxes.

    Since neither candidate is willing to take on these issues, sites like this one are left to "debate" non serious issues.

    When someone actually were to take a stand on a serious issue on this site, you have people from either side jump to name calling and any hope for reasonable debate is lost after a post or two.

    I am not a great internet user, if you know of a site where real political debate occurs I would appreciate you letting me know the name.
    In bold for starters it was Bush. And where have you heard from Obama that he was going fix these problem? I also bring to your attention that it was Bush and McCain that tried to reform Fanny and Freddie before the restate meltdown but got shot down.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  9. #1259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    In bold for starters it was Bush. And where have you heard from Obama that he was going fix these problem? I also bring to your attention that it was Bush and McCain that tried to reform Fanny and Freddie before the restate meltdown but got shot down.
    How did Bush and McCain try to reform fanny and freddie?

  10. #1260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Gotta love a noob rant lol. Hey bro, using words such as queer usually results in no one reading past that point in the post that it appeared. As it did with me.
    I don't know why you are insulting me by accusing me of "ranting" like a "noob" whatever that is. But I am a tolerant person, and I am aware that you queers are attempting to change the English language with a lexicon of your own.

    About your bizarre sensitivity: I must apologize because I didn't know there was a PC qualification for addressing you queers. I don't remember ever broaching the subject of the sensitivity of the terms before.

    I woulda thought the term "queer" which was used for decades, aptly described your abnormality and therefore acceptable. Also knowing the term "gay" I woulda thought you abnormals preferred a term that best described you. There isn't anything particularly "gay" about you.

    May I suggest that what with your predilection for changing the meanings of the English language (changing the meaning of the term "marriage" to include the union of the same sexes, and abolishing the term "queer' used for decades to "gay") ..... you people evolve to the next level and adopt the term "strange" to aptly describe your abnormality and thereby maintain a consistency with REALITY.

    I am sorry that in order to obfuscate the irrefutable truths involved in the exposure of LIEberrhoidal, or the subset: Obamarrhoidal bogus convolutions of REALITY...... which was the topic of my post......... to avoid facing REALITY, you deliberately pulled a cop out and changed the topic.

    But, that's OK. I am a tolerant person and I understand that people will go to any lengths to avoid confronting the unpleasant truths about their bogus LIEberrhoidal (and/or Obamarrhoidal) mental gyrations.
    Last edited by HoongLoong; 07-30-12 at 03:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •