Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #1221
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by LughLamfada View Post
    You're obviously a really stupid troll. You like to babble while repeatedly attempting to stick words in other peoples mouths. I think for myself, and am proud my parents taught me to do such. I also encourage others to do said same which is more than pond scum like ever will, or will ever want others to do from what you've stated repeatedly.

    If none of what I went over is "good enough" for your "superior by your own definition" liberal mindset, tough sh*t sherlock.

    This election will be defined by the paraphrasing of a old saying, "Better the devil you don't know than the one you do".

    Now, you go ahead, and troll away some more if you need to bub. I don't plan on responding to any more of your idiotic troll posts in this thread.
    Kiddo, I don't think you understand how debate works. Just ranting over and over about how much you hate liberals isn't debating. You aren't making any arguments or anything...
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #1222
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Kiddo, I don't think you understand how debate works. Just ranting over and over about how much you hate liberals isn't debating. You aren't making any arguments or anything...
    pointing out the lunacy of the opposition argument is good debate. and your posts provide ample data to support lunacy.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  3. #1223
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    pointing out the lunacy of the opposition argument is good debate. and your posts provide ample data to support lunacy.
    It only works if there is actual lunacy. Someone mistaking sound reasoning for lunacy usually backfires on the person making the mistake.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1224
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    I believe a lot of people have completely missed the what and why to what Obama said. He wasnt calling for more government involvement. His message wasnt a slam at business owners. In the context and to the audience he was addressing, his message was..."all those rich people...they didnt get rich by themselves. You the poor and disenfranchised public created everything for them and then they have exploited it. And you. Thats why you need to reelect me and give me another four years to go after for you what really and truly is rightfully yours...MORE of their wealth. Its only fair after all." It was typical pure populist tripe...and his supporters eat it with a big ol spoon.

  5. #1225
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    pointing out the lunacy of the opposition argument is good debate. and your posts provide ample data to support lunacy.
    He isn't pointing out anything at all about my posts. He's just ranting about how he hates liberals.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  6. #1226
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I believe a lot of people have completely missed the what and why to what Obama said. He wasnt calling for more government involvement. His message wasnt a slam at business owners. In the context and to the audience he was addressing, his message was..."all those rich people...they didnt get rich by themselves. You the poor and disenfranchised public created everything for them and then they have exploited it. And you. Thats why you need to reelect me and give me another four years to go after for you what really and truly is rightfully yours...MORE of their wealth. Its only fair after all." It was typical pure populist tripe...and his supporters eat it with a big ol spoon.
    What? Created everything for them? Read the speech again:

    "There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

    "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

    "So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the G.I. Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #1227
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I believe a lot of people have completely missed the what and why to what Obama said. He wasnt calling for more government involvement. His message wasnt a slam at business owners. In the context and to the audience he was addressing, his message was..."all those rich people...they didnt get rich by themselves. You the poor and disenfranchised public created everything for them and then they have exploited it. And you. Thats why you need to reelect me and give me another four years to go after for you what really and truly is rightfully yours...MORE of their wealth. Its only fair after all." It was typical pure populist tripe...and his supporters eat it with a big ol spoon.
    Well, you're closer than some. He certainly is lookig at getting re-elected. But I think when he siad this is the point, I think that was clue that it was the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1228
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What? Created everything for them? Read the speech again:

    "There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

    "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

    "So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the G.I. Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."
    Yep...Ive read the speech. I know PRECISELY what he was saying and who he was saying it to. The reality is that most of those successful businessmen? They DID in fact pay for those roads, bridges, and existing infrastructure as citizens, and likely FAR MORE than the people Obama was pandering to. The wealthy pay the lions share of property and every other type of income taxes. Businesses...thats a bit of a separate deal. I own businesses. Those roads? That infrastructure/ Hell yes I paid for them. My business? The investment of capital and startup costs? Did that too. But hey. Never let facts get in the way of stirring up a bunch of 'disenfranchised' voters.

    That message was all about pandering. He just did it in such a stupid way that it has reached up and smacked him in the teeth.

  9. #1229
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yep...Ive read the speech. I know PRECISELY what he was saying and who he was saying it to. The reality is that most of those successful businessmen? They DID in fact pay for those roads, bridges, and existing infrastructure as citizens, and likely FAR MORE than the people Obama was pandering to. The wealthy pay the lions share of property and every other type of income taxes. Businesses...thats a bit of a separate deal. I own businesses. Those roads? That infrastructure/ Hell yes I paid for them. My business? The investment of capital and startup costs? Did that too. But hey. Never let facts get in the way of stirring up a bunch of 'disenfranchised' voters.

    That message was all about pandering. He just did it in such a stupid way that it has reached up and smacked him in the teeth.
    I'm not sure if you misunderstand the message or if you actually do object to what I consider an utterly unobjectionable message.

    The message is that of course business owners get some credit for the success of their businesses, but so do their employees, the taxpayers, the teachers who taught them and their employees, etc. Do you disagree that that is the message? Or do you disagree that that is true?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  10. #1230
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: No dumb ass, but you've finished confirming what I have been thinking about you.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I'm not sure if you misunderstand the message or if you actually do object to what I consider an utterly unobjectionable message.

    The message is that of course business owners get some credit for the success of their businesses, but so do their employees, the taxpayers, the teachers who taught them and their employees, etc. Do you disagree that that is the message? Or do you disagree that that is true?
    I disagree. Heres why. I have several ventures and recently, along with a partner we decided to start another one. You and no one else are involved in that process. Without our decision to invest time, capital, stress, etc. there are NO new jobs. WITH our decision...that of me and my partner...we now have 11 employees and 12 people have full time income. I do not take full time income from the job. Without us...nothing. Now...we all paid taxes prior to that decision. We all built those roads. I bust my ass in planning for a better future for myself and my family. Yes...that holds reward, but believe me...I PAY taxes...a LOT of taxes. I pay taxes on homes, rentals, and a commercial property. As a citizen I EXPECT to. As a businessman...someone that TAKES risk and provides for jobs, I get a little tired of the whiny little ****s that believe we are all somehow equal partners in this process and they are entitled to MORE of the profits my work creates. I get tired of the 'fair share' rhetoric, because thats all it is. Hell...lets be honest...if more people carried their own 'fair share' they wouldnt be such a drain on society. I get tired of the politicians and their pandering messages. They KEEP crippled dependent pets crippled and dependent...and voting for them.

    No...I dont at all agree with the 'message' because the message was not "we are all part of this great community" but rather "Reelect me and I will give you more **** you havent earned by taking from those that have!" See...YOU think that message is awesome. I find it repugnant. You think Im a mean evil cruel horrible capitalist that hates poor people. The reality is...well...twofold. 1-I couldnt give a **** what you think and 2-I think it is inhuman to not only enable people to remain crippled and dependent but to CAUSE it. You are fine with people groveling for crumbs and endorse those messages...take from the rich so the poor can have more crumbs. My message is hey...stand the **** up. Go fight for those jobs from the illegal immigrants. Work two and three jobs to provide for yourself and your family. Plan for a future and stop expecting politicians to save you.

    You see where we differ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •