Page 115 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1482

Thread: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Rivers don't catch fire unless they are dammed by the government. LA is still smoggy. Other than shared hallucinations of you and Upton Sinclair, the meat industry has higher safety standards internally than the federal government imposes because their safety standards have to meet the demands of insurance actuaries.

    Need I remind you China is a communist nation with vastly more regulations over its economy than the U.S. I'm surprised you'd use China as an example of consumer product horrors.



    Fair Lending acts that lead to housing bubbles, mal-investments into "green job" companies like Solyndra, stuff like that. The list can go on.
    Learn your history, polution did catch fire in a river. And LA is better than it was. And no, the meat industry wasn't. I know you want to convince yourself of these fanasties, but you simply don't know your history.

    And yes, they are communist, and don't have the people pressing them to have helpful regulations. You missed the point.

    And no, derugulation did more to cause the crisis than anything else. And companies fail from time to time, but don't let too much misinformation get inside your ideology.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1142
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. His words and meaning is clear, to the nonpartisan.
    You are not nopartisan, and you are taking a very partisan interpretation of his words.

    It's not that flexible.
    Of course it is, otherwise, facts would be enough.

    Shocking, candidates addressing each other? The rest, is you projecting.

    As for my wallet, quite enough.

    Back to your "nonpartisanship", eh?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1143
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You are not nopartisan, and you are taking a very partisan interpretation of his words.
    Yeah. It's very funny that Boo Radley would imply HE is a "non-partisan."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #1144
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You are not nopartisan, and you are taking a very partisan interpretation of his words.
    There's a spectrum on that, and frankly, you guys to tend to think anyone not partisan in your direction is partisan the other way.

    Of course it is, otherwise, facts would be enough.
    Facts are enough to reasonable people. Only dishonest people pretend something is something it isn't.




    Back to your "nonpartisanship", eh?
    You projecting has nothing to do with me. His thesis is clear for anyone to see.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1145
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There's a spectrum on that, and frankly, you guys to tend to think anyone not partisan in your direction is partisan the other way.
    Not anyone. You? Yes. Without any shred of doubt.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #1146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Not anyone. You? Yes. Without any shred of doubt.
    Can't help you. And yes, you do measure me based on your huge bias. Anything that isn't as rabid as you, must be partisan.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1147
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can't help you. And yes, you do measure me based on your huge bias. Anything that isn't as rabid as you, must be partisan.
    Heh. Because you say so.

    You've had people on YOUR side comment on your hyperpartisanship. I guess they can't around their biases, either.

    And since we're in a different thread, but one on the same topic, you never did answer my question.

    "No one succeeds alone." OK. So what? Now what? What conclusions do we draw? Why did Obama bring it up? Why do you run from that question?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #1148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    I thought some would enjoy this:

    Democalypse 2012 - Do We Look Stupid? Don't Answer That Edition - Grammatical Gaffes

    Mitt Romney's attack on Barack Obama's slight grammatical misstep regarding small business is what people do in an argument when they're completely f**ked. (06:19)

    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central

    Now, you do have to click on this segment.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1149
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There's a spectrum on that, and frankly, you guys to tend to think anyone not partisan in your direction is partisan the other way.
    Boo, come on. You are clearly partisan.

    Facts are enough to reasonable people. Only dishonest people pretend something is something it isn't.
    Facts are rarely enough for most people, reasonable or not. Only dishonest people pretend that their version is the only "nonpartisan" view.

    You projecting has nothing to do with me. His thesis is clear for anyone to see.
    Yep, govt=good, business=bad. Clear enough.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1150
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to business owners: "You didn't build that." [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Boo, come on. You are clearly partisan.
    Am I? What makes me partisan? Voting for Bob Dole when I did? Arguing for a divided government because when one side wins it goes to ****? Calling for compromise? Saying both sides lie? Exactly what makes me partisan?

    Facts are rarely enough for most people, reasonable or not. Only dishonest people pretend that their version is the only "nonpartisan" view.
    When you ignore a fact, like a clear thesis statement, you are neither reasonable nor honest.



    Yep, govt=good, business=bad. Clear enough.
    Of course, he did not say that. So, you have it completely wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •