Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 258

Thread: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,421

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's more to that source than facts about the conference and treaty that may come out of it, you obviously didn't read it. But of course I don't expect you to listen to all that, because court decisions can be overturned, and even if it had to pass a vote in Congress its still possible it might, and even if the conference is about international arms trade they may chance their focus, and even if ****ing aliens from the 10th dimension might attack us so why aren't we building space lasers right now?

    Get real dude, cut the fear mongering.
    So, you admit that the treaty hasn't been written and there's no way to prove that it won't affect our gun rights here in the states?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you admit that the treaty hasn't been written and there's no way to prove that it won't affect our gun rights here in the states?
    Yup, but there's no way to prove its will affect them. What we have though is an abundance of evidence and reasons why it won't affect them, and literally no reasons or evidence to believe that it will. But you will insist on acting as if it will because there is no threat or potential threat too small to our freedom that it should be ignored, right?

  3. #123
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    The Libyans primarily used captured weapons from the Libyan military, not foreign imports. It also would have been easy to get a green-light for arms shipments given the positive international support. I admit that there are potential situations where it would be useful to supply arms to dissident groups, but its worth sacrificing that given the much higher number of groups we don't want to have weapons.
    Gun ownership was widespread in the country anyway, well before the rebellion broke out. But surely in any case you must except that if the government has a monopoly on firearms then it is more difficult to overthrow?

  4. #124
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    sure but these reasons on this thread are baseless accusations
    Discussing fictitious effects of the treaty in the U.S is obscene considering that its effect in the real world could mean leaving people defenseless against governments in other parts of the world that are bent on killing them. We're talking about 10s of thousands of human lives here.

  5. #125
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,421

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Yup, but there's no way to prove its will affect them. What we have though is an abundance of evidence and reasons why it won't affect them, and literally no reasons or evidence to believe that it will. But you will insist on acting as if it will because there is no threat or potential threat too small to our freedom that it should be ignored, right?
    How about we prevent any slippery slopes and just not ratify the treaty? It's called, "dilligence". A word that an Army officer should be very familiar with.

    If I'm wrong, then no harm has been done. If you're wrong, it could be the beginning of tyranny. Are you willing to take that chance? I'm not.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How about we prevent any slippery slopes and just not ratify the treaty?....
    how about we wait for the treaty to be finalized before we pass judgement?

  7. #127
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Both. The NRA guy was on TV just last week spouting his paranoid dillusions. It's was halarious, yet embarassing. And it's also the more gullible paranoids on the right as you mentioned who take the hogwash and pass it on down the line.

    It's just another part of creating this fictitious "Obama Demon."
    Actually, from what I understand Hillary is more in line with the signature, haven't heard Obama's stance on it but given some of the writings of himself and more concerning those of his appointees it is troubling.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #128
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So you've joined apdst is his fantasy world? Well good luck fighting the nazis man, but I'll spend my time focusing on real problems and not made up ones to feed my ego and sense of self importance.
    The German people never thought they would devolve into a despotic government, it happened.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    The German people never thought they would devolve into a despotic government, it happened.
    let us know when our financial & social conditions are even CLOSE to that of Germany during the 1920s & early 1930s.

  10. #130
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hilter was not a Jew.
    Yeah, he was. There was a DNA match done on his known surviving relatives and it came up that the match has a specific set known to only Berbers and Eastern European Jews. He was a pale skin tone so the Berbers are probably out.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •