Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 258

Thread: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

  1. #111
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    You still haven't answered the root question. Why would China care about domestic gun control in foreign nations like the U.S.? China bans weapons in their own nation because they fear domestic unrest. The PRC government doesn't have any reason to care about what guns civilians in the U.S. buy because it has no impact upon them. The only group in China who does care is Norinco who makes quite a bit of money exporting weapons to the U.S. at cheap prices.

    People really need to stop thinking of the U.N. as a shadowy cabal and more as a disorganized collection of greedy posturing children.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Neither was Nazi Germany until a little self hating Jewish guy with a small man complex convinced them to give him authority, not ask questions, and took over.
    Hilter was not a Jew.

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So you've joined apdst is his fantasy world? Well good luck fighting the nazis man, but I'll spend my time focusing on real problems and not made up ones to feed my ego and sense of self importance.
    Wow! That's quite insulting. Is this just another example of a Liberal who has nothing but insults to add to the discussion?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wow! That's quite insulting. Is this just another example of a Liberal who has nothing but insults to add to the discussion?
    your ad hom attack is also an insult.

  5. #115
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    your ad hom attack is also an insult.
    Not an attack, just an observation.

    As usual, the Obama deciples make accusations of paranoia in their response to disagreement with this treaty. Nothing new there.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wow! That's quite insulting. Is this just another example of a Liberal who has nothing but insults to add to the discussion?
    I added the source you asked for, but you never mentioned it again, didn't play into your fantasy I guess. But yes for you insults is generally all I got, you don't deserve respect as far as I'm concerned because you're a delusional self righteous egoist.

  7. #117
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I added the source you asked for, but you never mentioned it again, didn't play into your fantasy I guess. But yes for you insults is generally all I got, you don't deserve respect as far as I'm concerned because you're a delusional self righteous egoist.
    Color me surprised.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You are misled. The General Assembly resolution which started the Internatonal Treaty process specifically states that it remains “the exclusive right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through constitutional protections on private ownership.” ... that comprehensively rules out the scaremongering nonsense being spewed around the US gun community.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    One would think you would go ahead and post a link to confirm that for us...jus' sayin'.
    snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

    You asked for it, you got it(again), but you keep ignoring it. What other reason other than it doesn't fit into your delusion?

  9. #119
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

    You asked for it, you got it(again), but you keep ignoring it. What other reason other than it doesn't fit into your delusion?
    And...again...you said that the treaty hasn't even been written. Therefore, there's no way that you can fact check something that hasn't been written.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: UN Arms Treaty could put US gun owners in foreign sights, say critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You are misled. The General Assembly resolution which started the Internatonal Treaty process specifically states that it remains “the exclusive right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through constitutional protections on private ownership.” ... that comprehensively rules out the scaremongering nonsense being spewed around the US gun community.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And...again...you said that the treaty hasn't even been written. Therefore, there's no way that you can fact check something that hasn't been written.
    There's more to that source than facts about the conference and treaty that may come out of it, you obviously didn't read it. But of course I don't expect you to listen to all that, because court decisions can be overturned, and even if it had to pass a vote in Congress its still possible it might, and even if the conference is about international arms trade they may chance their focus, and even if ****ing aliens from the 10th dimension might attack us so why aren't we building space lasers right now?

    Get real dude, cut the fear mongering.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •