Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 559

Thread: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

  1. #471
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,041

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    IYO, my comparisons are not to your liking. The priest/guy made his decision to not put up Exit signs and not make his house/garage/building Handicapped Accessable and was arrested. He evidently weighed his right to his religious beliefs against going to jail for what he believed and chose to break the law and go to jail. He has brass, IMO.

    So, IYO, what should have the same prosecutor have done to the occupiers that cost the city $200K? Should he have called the patriots and let them go?
    So it was against his relgion to put up exit signs and have handicap accesability?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #472
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    So it was against his relgion to put up exit signs and have handicap accesability?

    Now doesn't the sound silly, to even to you? Where in the world did you go to pick that out of thin air?

    The guy/priest, IMO, did this to protest his religious freedom rights. If you don't agree, then so be it. We see this situation differently.

    What gets me is I'm wouldn't even attend this guys group meetings/sermons/whatever, but after beating this 'horse' for days on this thread, I am really starting to see his point.

  3. #473
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    IYO, my comparisons are not to your liking.
    Not to my liking? Where's the logic in it? What were the violations that Salam and the Occupy people had in common? List them for me please, no one else here has listed and compared the violations, no media source has listed and compared the violations. You certainly have access to information I don't have. The violations Salam committed and for which Occupy committed must be strikingly similar, but I can't find that. In fact, there is nothing to compare, from my perspective. Clue me up.

    The priest/guy
    Preist he ain't. He has never referred to himself as a priest in anything I've read. He did do an online certification class to become a "pastor" of some sort and is now affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Pentecostal. Salman has claimed there is only God's law. Sounds like the Taliban to me. Nonetheless, he is apparently legally a sky pilot of some sort.

    made his decision to not put up Exit signs and not make his house/garage/building Handicapped Accessable and was arrested.
    Don't look now, but your willful ignorance is showing. If you are going to argue a position it would be helpful to you if you would acknowledge the known facts. It is clear you haven't read them and don't intend to.

    To begin with, he made an application to build a recreation room NOT a church. Later he registered his church at his home address. His 2,000 sq. ft. "recreation room" is used for religious services and he has been avoiding paying taxes as a church, which he said it wasn't, then said it is, but told the city it wasn't, but told the Arizona Corporation Commission it is. There is online documentation of all this and it's already been made available on this thread. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change the fact that it does. Refusing to read it makes one willfully ignorant.

    Handicapped accessibility comes under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Now, I don't care what Fox News tells you (and it's obvious that is where you are getting your "facts") churches are exempt from the ADA. Of course you know all that, right?

    He evidently weighed his right to his religious beliefs against going to jail for what he believed and chose to break the law and go to jail. He has brass, IMO.
    What did he believe? He believed that he was building a rec room or a church? He has stated legally that he is one or the other. He applied to the city to build a rec room, but he ****ing lied. Now he says he build a church, which he never had permission to build. He receives tax exemption from the State because he used his home address as his church, which he told the city was a recreation room. What religious beliefs is he going to jail for? He has been deceitful and has a history of it as determined by law in previous cases, one involving another church. You know that, right?

    He doesn't have brass. He's dumber than a bag of hammers. You have bravery and idiocy confused.

    So, IYO, what should have the same prosecutor have done to the occupiers that cost the city $200K? Should he have called the patriots and let them go?
    No one is talking about the Occupiers, stop attempting to divert the argument.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 07-15-12 at 04:35 PM.

  4. #474
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,041

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Now doesn't the sound silly, to even to you? Where in the world did you go to pick that out of thin air?

    The guy/priest, IMO, did this to protest his religious freedom rights. If you don't agree, then so be it. We see this situation differently.

    What gets me is I'm wouldn't even attend this guys group meetings/sermons/whatever, but after beating this 'horse' for days on this thread, I am really starting to see his point.
    What gets me is that somehow you think this is a religious protest when clearly it is not. Freedom of religion has nothing nada rien zilch to do with this. Explain to me how it does? I keep trying to understand your point of view but all i get is he mentioned the words "bible study" and was arrested so it has to be about religion.
    This is about a moron who refused to follow the law. The fact he was having "bible studies" instead of puppet shows is 100% irrelevant.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #475
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Not to my liking? Where's the logic in it? What were the violations that Salam and the Occupy people had in common? List them for me please, no one else here has listed and compared the violations, no media source has listed and compared the violations. You certainly have access to information I don't have. The violations Salam committed and for which Occupy committed must be strikingly similar, but I can't find that. In fact, there is nothing to compare, from my perspective. Clue me up.



    Preist he ain't. He has never referred to himself as a priest in anything I've read. He did do an online certification class to become a "pastor" of some sort and is now affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Pentecostal. Salman has claimed there is only God's law. Sounds like the Taliban to me. Nonetheless, he is apparently legally a sky pilot of some sort.



    Don't look now, but your willful ignorance is showing. If you are going to argue a position it would be helpful to you if you would acknowledge the known facts. It is clear you haven't read them and don't intend to.

    To begin with, he made an application to build a recreation room NOT a church. Later he registered his church at his home address. His 2,000 sq. ft. "recreation room" is used for religious services and he has been avoiding paying taxes as a church, which he said it wasn't, then said it is, but told the city it wasn't, but told the Arizona Corporation Commission it is. There is online documentation of all this and it's already been made available on this thread. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change the fact that it does. Refusing to read it makes one willfully ignorant.

    Handicapped accessibility comes under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Now, I don't care what Fox News tells you (and it's obvious that is where you are getting your "facts") churches are exempt from the ADA. Of course you know all that, right?



    What did he believe? He believed that he was building a rec room or a church? He has stated legally that he is one or the other. He applied to the city to build a rec room, but he ****ing lied. Now he says he build a church, which he never had permission to build. He receives tax exemption from the State because he used his home address as his church, which he told the city was a recreation room. What religious beliefs is he going to jail for? He has been deceitful and has a history of it as determined by law in previous cases, one involving another church. You know that, right?

    He doesn't have brass. He's dumber than a bag of hammers. You have bravery and idiocy confused.



    No one is talking about the Occupiers, stop attempting to divert the argument.

    You have your opinion and I have mine on this issue.

  6. #476
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    What gets me is that somehow you think this is a religious protest when clearly it is not. Freedom of religion has nothing nada rien zilch to do with this. Explain to me how it does? I keep trying to understand your point of view but all i get is he mentioned the words "bible study" and was arrested so it has to be about religion.
    This is about a moron who refused to follow the law. The fact he was having "bible studies" instead of puppet shows is 100% irrelevant.
    It seems that according to Fox News, Glenn Beck, Voice of the Martyrs and Billy the Kid, you can host a goat ****ing at your 2,000 sq. ft. house behind your house as often as you want as long it is related to religion. Brilliant!

  7. #477
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    You have your opinion and I have mine on this issue.
    And your opinion is based on ?????????????

  8. #478
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    freedom of religion does not permit you to break the law.
    Other way around.

    Freedom of religion does not allow the law to infringe upon your right.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #479
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Not to my liking? Where's the logic in it? What were the violations that Salam and the Occupy people had in common? List them for me please, no one else here has listed and compared the violations, no media source has listed and compared the violations. You certainly have access to information I don't have. The violations Salam committed and for which Occupy committed must be strikingly similar, but I can't find that. In fact, there is nothing to compare, from my perspective. Clue me up.



    Preist he ain't. He has never referred to himself as a priest in anything I've read. He did do an online certification class to become a "pastor" of some sort and is now affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Pentecostal. Salman has claimed there is only God's law. Sounds like the Taliban to me. Nonetheless, he is apparently legally a sky pilot of some sort.



    Don't look now, but your willful ignorance is showing. If you are going to argue a position it would be helpful to you if you would acknowledge the known facts. It is clear you haven't read them and don't intend to.

    To begin with, he made an application to build a recreation room NOT a church. Later he registered his church at his home address. His 2,000 sq. ft. "recreation room" is used for religious services and he has been avoiding paying taxes as a church, which he said it wasn't, then said it is, but told the city it wasn't, but told the Arizona Corporation Commission it is. There is online documentation of all this and it's already been made available on this thread. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't change the fact that it does. Refusing to read it makes one willfully ignorant.

    Handicapped accessibility comes under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Now, I don't care what Fox News tells you (and it's obvious that is where you are getting your "facts") churches are exempt from the ADA. Of course you know all that, right?



    What did he believe? He believed that he was building a rec room or a church? He has stated legally that he is one or the other. He applied to the city to build a rec room, but he ****ing lied. Now he says he build a church, which he never had permission to build. He receives tax exemption from the State because he used his home address as his church, which he told the city was a recreation room. What religious beliefs is he going to jail for? He has been deceitful and has a history of it as determined by law in previous cases, one involving another church. You know that, right?

    He doesn't have brass. He's dumber than a bag of hammers. You have bravery and idiocy confused.



    No one is talking about the Occupiers, stop attempting to divert the argument.
    Sounds like a whole lot of work and hassle to practice your religion.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  10. #480
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Other way around.

    Freedom of religion does not allow the law to infringe upon your right.
    If I want to have nude volley ball bible study at my house on weekends I should be able to do that without interference from the law?

    In fact, I've been thinking about getting one of those "Become a Preacher for $99.95" certifications and opening my own church. I believe that God intended us to be naked or we wouldn't have been born that way. Truth is more available to nekkid people. Believe it!

    You'd be fine if I started a church in your neighborhood and offered nude volley ball bible study? Excellent! Where do you live? I'll need your support because, to tell you the truth, a lot of your neighbors probably won't share your beliefs. I just need a few neighbors who are on my side. PM me with your street name and city. I don't need to know your exact address.

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •