Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 559

Thread: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

  1. #321
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So what is your point? That people should just ignore code violations? And go along their merry way...

    Yeah, people who cannot afford dumbass endless codes with enforcement specifically selectively used against them to try to force them to give up fundamental rights should exactly ignore code violations.

    That is 100% exactly what MLK Jr, Rosa Parks and one hundred thousand other people did.

    I have no doubt the origins of this case are someone else on that block is related to someone on the Code Enforcement staff or city council and doesn't like all those poor people's cars parked in front of his/her house every week. City counsel and code enforcement generally based on who you do or don't know. Such massive stacking of cases also tells that this is not just about code violations.

    Technically, an officer could write you a speeding ticket for every block and could add "reckless driving" and "Public endangerment" too. When an officer does so, it is because the officer specifically is singling you out beyond all norms and that is exactly what is being done to that guy in Phoenix.

    67 convictions? I bet that is not for 67 different offenses. I bet it is for redundancy offenses and stacking offenses.

  2. #322
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Everyone in the USA can be fined and imprisoned anytime local, county, state or the federal government wants to. That is the reality.

    The only legal way to combat this is to change the laws. Other than that you do what this gentleman did - break the law and accept the consequences. Sad, because this country was founded on "freedom of relgion", but true.

  3. #323
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    ALL buildings that are open to the public are inspected for safety. If there are code violations they are allowed time to fix the violation, if the violation is not fixed they can be shut down.

    This guy was given every opportunity to comply with the codes. He chose not to, and was charged.

    Churches are NOT public facilities, though I gather you think they are and believe the government can go into churches any damn time they want to for any or no reason. In fact, it would take a criminal search warrant upon probably cause to enter a church without permission. Churches are no public facilities UNLESS the church wishes it to be.

  4. #324
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How does a so-called news organization always get the facts wrong?

    The answer is "On purpose"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #325
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    67 convictions for having more than 12 people participating in prayer without permission of the government.

    Yes, that is what the American revolution was for. To limit the number of people that may pray together in someone's home without obtaining government permission and without a $20,000 fire suppression sprinkler system installed.

    Besides, people who can't afford $50,000 in government required pre-prayer renovations are too poor to be praying. They should be cursing God for being poor. Or better yet, attending the mega million dollar right wing conservative church the Republicans of Phoenix city government attend and giving their little money to it.

    F...k poor people. I think that accurately summarizes Phoenix Arizona's overall policy, although usually that is targeted at Latinos and not white people.
    I have to give you credit, joko. You're doing a better job of twisting this story than even FoxNews did.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Churches are NOT public facilities, though I gather you think they are and believe the government can go into churches any damn time they want to for any or no reason. In fact, it would take a criminal search warrant upon probably cause to enter a church without permission. Churches are no public facilities UNLESS the church wishes it to be.

    Even if true they are not exempt from building codes

  7. #327
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yeah, people who cannot afford dumbass endless codes with enforcement specifically selectively used against them to try to force them to give up fundamental rights should exactly ignore code violations.

    That is 100% exactly what MLK Jr, Rosa Parks and one hundred thousand other people did.

    I have no doubt the origins of this case are someone else on that block is related to someone on the Code Enforcement staff or city council and doesn't like all those poor people's cars parked in front of his/her house every week. City counsel and code enforcement generally based on who you do or don't know. Such massive stacking of cases also tells that this is not just about code violations.

    Technically, an officer could write you a speeding ticket for every block and could add "reckless driving" and "Public endangerment" too. When an officer does so, it is because the officer specifically is singling you out beyond all norms and that is exactly what is being done to that guy in Phoenix.

    67 convictions? I bet that is not for 67 different offenses. I bet it is for redundancy offenses and stacking offenses.

    Oy vey this is beyond preposterous

  8. #328
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    ALL buildings that are open to the public are inspected for safety. If there are code violations they are allowed time to fix the violation, if the violation is not fixed they can be shut down.

    This guy was given every opportunity to comply with the codes. He chose not to, and was charged.

    It clearly is 100% selective enforcement and I have NO doubt of:

    1. Not 10% of Phoenix residences could afford such as "fire sprinkler suppression systems" and
    2. Code enforcement does NOT make such requirements and write citations against every person who has more than 12 people at their house.
    3. I do not believe city hall can use zoning or code enforcement to eliminate religous or political rights and gathers on the basis of the people being too poor to comply. I am well aware that the Phoenix City government, Republican rightwingers, and many of the middle class white people of this forum, 100% believe a person's legal, civil, political and religous rights are in direct relationship to a person's wealth or lack of it.

    I believe that is government corruption, exactly opposite of what is ethical and what is the role of government, and just more of the endless ways the government finds to declare anyone a criminal if they won't behave like they want them too crap.

    And I'm not a Christian nor religious person.

    The Phoenix city government has $100,000 to get that guy they don't like, but bet they don't have a dollar for the homeless guy down on the corner. Screw the G-people of Phoenix City Hall. Little tyrannts unfortunately given a little power to try to control, harm and terrorize people they personally don't like.

    There are hundreds of thousands of prayer groups in homes every week in this country. Essentially ALL mainstream churches also arrange weekly home prayer meetings. As the election approaches, there will be a hundred thousand+ political gatherings of more than 12 people and both political parties have political clubs of more than 12 people meeting in homes every month - and NOT 1/10th of 1% of those have fire sprinkler systems, lighted exit signs, handicap parking signs or any other such BS at their homes.

    So all the "HE'S BREAKING THE LAW!" crap is specifically and singularly targeted at him in MASSIVE redundancies of writing as many possible citations as possible over and over plus waves of city hall people raiding his property - because someone on his block knows someone downtown and is using that contact influence to totally trash that guy that he/she personally hates.

    The government has conditioned most people now to be sheep, to just chat "but its the law!" as if that is some edict from God that we all must bow down worship. Under that premise and given the billion pages of "the law," we are ALL criminals. Its just a matter of who the government wants to get.

    Any of you ever put a nail in a wall to hang a picture? CRIMINAL!!! YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! You did not obtain a building permit! You do not have a building license! You did not POST a building permit. You did NOT pay for an inspection - THAT IS FOUR violations - and Four violations for each and every nail! Most of you should go to jail for life because you are building code VIOLATORS!!! HUNDREDS OF CRIMINAL VIOLATIONS!

    But YOU think YOU are exempt, DON'T YOU? To you, that is just BS regulations that YOU don't have to follow. It is criminal in nearly all jurisdictions to put in 1 nail without a building permit. That's THE LAW.

    This is just government control and insider contact b....hit and everyone who understands how city halls work understands that. Everyone is a criminal. Its just a matter of who the government doesn't like.

  9. #329
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have to give you credit, joko. You're doing a better job of twisting this story than even FoxNews did.

    I'm not twisting anything. I'm stepping past the slogan-line "but he's breaking the law!"

  10. #330
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Even if true they are not exempt from building codes

    Are you exempt from building codes? How many building permits have you obtained in your life?

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •