Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 559

Thread: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

  1. #161
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Why aren't you sanctioned for this post? Is this any worse than me saying some village lost its idiot?
    Well, for one reason, the intent of the post was to compliment jamesrage and there was not an iota of malice or ill-intent in a single letter of it.

    Second, our mods are smarter than you might be giving them credit for. I would only imagine their response to your "reporting" was probably something like, "WTF???"

    But I do not like discussing the working of the forums or mod actions anywhere other than the "Where's My Binky" forum. I might suggest that you do the same or your "villiage idiot" comment may be the least of your troubles here. Just sayin'.

    Read the forum rules. Study them. Know them. And maybe you too will be here for over 6 years with over 10k posts too.

    Have a great day.
    Last edited by Captain America; 07-11-12 at 04:42 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #162
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, for one reason, the intent of the post was to compliment jamesrage and there was not an iota of malice or ill-intent in a single letter of it.

    Second, our mods are smarter than you might be giving them credit for. I would only imagine their response to your "reporting" was probably something like, "WTF???"

    But I do not like discussing the working of the forums or mod actions anywhere other than the "Where's My Binky" forum. I might suggest that you do the same or your "villiage idiot" comment may be the least of your troubles here. Just sayin'.

    Read the forum rules. Study them. Know them. And maybe you too will be here for over 6 years with over 10k posts too.

    Have a great day.
    I interpreted your post as a compliment to jamesrage also, so it baffled me where the criticism came from.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #163
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I interpreted your post as a compliment to jamesrage also, so it baffled me where the criticism came from.
    I know, right? I suspect who ever he reported me to knew the same.

    Back to topic.

    Moving right along.....
    Last edited by Captain America; 07-11-12 at 05:15 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #164
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How many people were parking cars outside his home?
    This was my first thought as well. I'm guessing this started as a feud between him and his neighbors because they were tired of people coming and going all the time and blocking parking near their homes. They got tired of it, got the law involved, and unfortunately the law wasn't on his side here.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  5. #165
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    This was my first thought as well. I'm guessing this started as a feud between him and his neighbors because they were tired of people coming and going all the time and blocking parking near their homes. They got tired of it, got the law involved, and unfortunately the law wasn't on his side here.
    In a nutshell....

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #166
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    This was my first thought as well. I'm guessing this started as a feud between him and his neighbors because they were tired of people coming and going all the time and blocking parking near their homes. They got tired of it, got the law involved, and unfortunately the law wasn't on his side here.
    but let's say his property was entirely within building code compliance
    would you still believe it right to disallow his Bible study groups because of the crowd of cars and people it attracted to the community?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #167
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but let's say his property was entirely within building code compliance
    would you still believe it right to disallow his Bible study groups because of the crowd of cars and people it attracted to the community?
    Yes, so long as he'd registered the address as a church, which violates city code and zoning.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but let's say his property was entirely within building code compliance
    would you still believe it right to disallow his Bible study groups because of the crowd of cars and people it attracted to the community?
    Depends on the zoning laws.

    Personally if some one more or less decided to build something like this next door to my house I would not be happy. I bought my house w/o a Church next door and all that comes with it. Like Parking traffic etc.

  9. #169
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Yes, so long as he'd registered the address as a church, which violates city code and zoning.
    ok, i should have addressed that

    let's say his 2000 square foot facility was actually the game room he claimed it to be when he got the building permit ... and that he was absolutely within the code and zoning specs

    then, if he continued to hold his weekly Bible study classes (with an estimated attendance of 50) would he have legal sanction to continue despite the presence of lots of cars and non-residents in his community as a result
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #170
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Homeowner Jailed for Hosting Bible Study

    What would Judge Judy say?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •