Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 314

Thread: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

  1. #221
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So are you proposing that we stay at home and absorb the attacks?
    Going to war in foreign countries is not how you combat terrorism. War creates more terrorist. And if we are suposedly at a "war on terror" i think creating more terrorists is not very smart. Do you concur? Do you understand?
    I propose our national security agencies handle that problems (in which they have)


    In addition to countering terrorists we are also countering pirates. And yet there are more pirates now than when we started. Should we capitulate anytime there are difficulties?
    You are countering a rag tad bunch of pirates who are from a country that does not have a water police agency or no maritime laws around their waters and no boats or agencies to stop these dumping into their waters and the illegal fishing.
    Somali Pirates Tell Their Side | The Beacon: Oceana's Blog



    Just admit it. You do prefer murder of American citizens over justice.

    Are you ****ing serious.

    Do you actually believe we are fighting terror with terror?
    Yes.

    Do you believe we are targeting civilians for murder in order to achieve a political effect?
    We have targeted civilian populations. Purposely or not... Look up the definition of "terror": The use of such fear to intimidate people, esp. for political reasons


    Or do you just object to killing terrorists everywhere we find them?
    Your a hack plain and simple.


  2. #222
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Let's start with failed states. Do you believe a nation under attack by terrorists is a failed state?
    I believe a unstable "democracy", violence everyday via terrorism, a failed government is a failed state

    Should we accept Noam Chomsky's word for it?
    Why the hell is Noam Chomsky in this debate?


    Second, if the second article is true who should we blame for the mess? Who declared victory and left? Wasn't it the butt-kissing, always bowing one term Marxist flexible president Barrack Hussein Obama?
    Yes and the Iraqis didnt want us to leave right? Were they not calling for us to leave? What would happen if the US stayed? Take Vietnam for example we stayed there for a **** ton longer and look nothing ****ing changed just more and more American lives for no reason

    And third, your third article is noting more than a rehash of the leftist talking points.

    Get real yourself.

    Any proof of sources on that or is it just because it presents facts and analysis by political scientists that articulate conclusions that go against your very narrow way of viewing the world and thinking?


  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Going to war in foreign countries is not how you combat terrorism. War creates more terrorist. And if we are suposedly at a "war on terror" i think creating more terrorists is not very smart. Do you concur? Do you understand?
    I propose our national security agencies handle that problems (in which they have)
    I see. Are you an expert then on counter-terrorism? Or have you just read a leftist blog or two?

    You are countering a rag tad bunch of pirates who are from a country that does not have a water police agency or no maritime laws around their waters and no boats or agencies to stop these dumping into their waters and the illegal fishing.
    Somali Pirates Tell Their Side | The Beacon: Oceana's Blog
    I see. You cannot see how your argument that we are creating more by combating them might apply to pirates?


    Are you ****ing serious.
    What are you suggesting then? We are fighting in Afghanistan until the one term Marxist withdraws our troops because the Taliban allowed Al Queda sanctuary. And you oppose it. Thousands of Americans were pulverized, burned up, blown out of buildings to fall to their deaths, and crushed. What would you do?

    We have targeted civilian populations. Purposely or not... Look up the definition of "terror": The use of such fear to intimidate people, esp. for political reasons
    You look up the definition. You need it far more than I do. And if you really believe the US troops are committing crimes why aren't you reporting them and insisting on trials?

    Your a hack plain and simple.
    It is true that I am simple. I despise socialists, Marxists, Communists, liberals and progressives. You are all dangerous to our liberties when you come into power.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I believe a unstable "democracy", violence everyday via terrorism, a failed government is a failed state
    So your argument is that if a state is under attack it is a failed state. Gotcha.

    Why the hell is Noam Chomsky in this debate?
    The article you referenced begins by saying it is based on Noam Chomsky's assumptions about failed states.

    Yes and the Iraqis didnt want us to leave right? Were they not calling for us to leave? What would happen if the US stayed? Take Vietnam for example we stayed there for a **** ton longer and look nothing ****ing changed just more and more American lives for no reason
    The one term Marxist flexible president Barrack Hussein Obama failed at fundamental foreign policy. Our presence provided stability. Our absence has emboldened our enemies.


    Any proof of sources on that or is it just because it presents facts and analysis by political scientists that articulate conclusions that go against your very narrow way of viewing the world and thinking?
    I used to read Foreign Policy, the printed quarterly journal regularly when I was still a lieutenant in the Army. I was smart but not wise. Once I realized that most of the articles were written by left-wing, Anti-American intellectuals, I grew wiser and stopped reading it.

    It is still largely left wing, anti-American drivel. But thank you nonetheless.

  5. #225
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. Are you an expert then on counter-terrorism?
    Not its called a opinion because i based it off the current wars creating more terrorists.
    But these experts seem to agree with me that our policies are creating more terrorists:
    Drone attacks create terrorist safe havens, warns former CIA official | World news | guardian.co.uk
    War on Terror May Breed More Terrorism, Experts Tell Madrid Summit
    Richard A. Clarke -- Cheney and Rice Remember 9/11. I Do, Too.

    Interesting aint it?
    Do they "enjoy seeing Americans die" as supposedly as i do?

    Or have you just read a leftist blog or two?

    You look up the definition. You need it far more than I do.
    I just did: "The use of such fear to intimidate people, esp. for political reasons"

    And if you really believe the US troops are committing crimes why aren't you reporting them and insisting on trials?
    I never stated they are committing crimes.

    What are you suggesting then?

    If you could read I already stated what i suggest we do.

    We are fighting in Afghanistan until the one term Marxist withdraws our troops because the Taliban allowed Al Queda sanctuary.
    Dear god you have nothing to contribute to this debate

    And you oppose it. Thousands of Americans were pulverized, burned up, blown out of buildings to fall to their deaths, and crushed. What would you do?
    Not invade a country.


    It is true that I am simple. I despise socialists, Marxists, Communists, liberals and progressives. You are all dangerous to our liberties when you come into power.


  6. #226
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So your argument is that if a state is under attack it is a failed state. Gotcha.
    No. This is what its based off of and what i base it off of

    "The index's ranks are based on twelve indicators of state vulnerability - four social, two economic and six political.[7] The indicators are not designed to forecast when states may experience violence or collapse. Instead, they are meant to measure a state's vulnerability to collapse or conflict. All countries in the red (Alert, FSI of 90 or more), orange (Warning, FSI of 60 or more), or yellow (Moderate, FSI of 30 or more) categories display some features that make parts of their societies and institutions vulnerable to failure. Some in the yellow zone may be failing at a faster rate than those in the more dangerous orange or red zones, and therefore could experience violence sooner. Conversely, some in the red zone, though critical, may exhibit some positive signs of recovery or be deteriorating slowly, giving them time to adopt mitigating strategies.[6][edit]Social indicators

    1. Demographic pressures: including the pressures deriving from high population density relative to food supply and other life-sustaining resources. The pressure from a population's settlement patterns and physical settings, including border disputes, ownership or occupancy of land, access to transportation outlets, control of religious or historical sites, and proximity to environmental hazards.[8]
    2. Massive movement of refugees and internally displaced peoples: forced uprooting of large communities as a result of random or targeted violence and/or repression, causing food shortages, disease, lack of clean water, land competition, and turmoil that can spiral into larger humanitarian and security problems, both within and between countries.[9]
    3. Legacy of vengeance-seeking group grievance: based on recent or past injustices, which could date back centuries. Including atrocities committed with impunity against communal groups and/or specific groups singled out by state authorities, or by dominant groups, for persecution or repression. Institutionalized political exclusion. Public scapegoating of groups believed to have acquired wealth, status or power as evidenced in the emergence of "hate" radio, pamphleteering and stereotypical or nationalistic political rhetoric.[10]
    4. Chronic and sustained human flight: both the "brain drain" of professionals, intellectuals and political dissidents and voluntary emigration of "the middle class." Growth of exile/expatriatecommunities are also used as part of this indicator.[11]
    [edit]Economic indicators

    1. Uneven economic development along group lines: determined by group-based inequality, or perceived inequality, in education, jobs, and economic status. Also measured by group-based poverty levels, infant mortality rates, education levels.[12]
    2. Sharp and/or severe economic decline: measured by a progressive economic decline of the society as a whole (using: per capita income, GNP, debt, child mortality rates, poverty levels, business failures.) A sudden drop in commodity prices, trade revenue, foreign investment or debt payments. Collapse or devaluation of the national currency and a growth of hidden economies, including the drug trade, smuggling, and capital flight. Failure of the state to pay salaries of government employees and armed forces or to meet other financial obligations to its citizens, such as pension payments.[13]
    [edit]Political indicators

    1. Criminalization and/or delegitimisation of the state: endemic corruption or profiteering by ruling elites and resistance to transparency, accountability and political representation. Includes any widespread loss of popular confidence in state institutions and processes.[14]
    2. Progressive deterioration of public services: a disappearance of basic state functions that serve the people, including failure to protect citizens from terrorism and violence and to provide essential services, such as health, education, sanitation, public transportation. Also using the state apparatus for agencies that serve the ruling elites, such as the security forces, presidential staff, central bank, diplomatic service, customs and collection agencies.[15]
    3. Widespread violation of human rights: an emergence of authoritarian, dictatorial or military rule in which constitutional and democratic institutions and processes are suspended or manipulated. Outbreaks of politically inspired (as opposed to criminal) violence against innocent civilians. A rising number of political prisoners or dissidents who are denied due process consistent with international norms and practices. Any widespread abuse of legal, political and social rights, including those of individuals, groups or cultural institutions (e.g., harassment of the press, politicization of the judiciary, internal use of military for political ends, public repression of political opponents, religious or cultural persecution.)[16]
    4. Security apparatus as "state within a state": an emergence of elite or praetorian guards that operate with impunity. Emergence of state-sponsored or state-supported private militias that terrorize political opponents, suspected "enemies," or civilians seen to be sympathetic to the opposition. An "army within an army" that serves the interests of the dominant military or political clique. Emergence of rival militias, guerilla forces or private armies in an armed struggle or protracted violent campaigns against state security forces.[17]
    5. Rise of factionalised elites: a fragmentation of ruling elites and state institutions along group lines. Use of aggressive nationalistic rhetoric by ruling elites, especially destructive forms of communal irredentism or communal solidarity (e.g., "ethnic cleansing", "defending the faith").[18]
    6. Intervention of other states or external factors: military or Paramilitary engagement in the internal affairs of the state at risk by outside armies, states, identity groups or entities that affect the internal balance of power or resolution of the conflict. Intervention by donors, especially if there is a tendency towards over-dependence on foreign aid or peacekeeping missions.[19]"


    The article you referenced begins by saying it is based on Noam Chomsky's assumptions about failed states.
    Uhh could you possibly point out where you find that?


    The one term Marxist
    No your the Marxist

    flexible president Barrack Hussein Obama failed at fundamental foreign policy.
    Uhhh he has extended basically 100% of Bush's foregin policy...

    Our presence provided stability.

    Yea Afghanistan is real "stable"



    I used to read Foreign Policy, the printed quarterly journal regularly when I was still a lieutenant in the Army. I was smart but not wise. Once I realized that most of the articles were written by left-wing, Anti-American intellectuals, I grew wiser and stopped reading it.
    What is left wing and anti American? What is "bias"?


    It is still largely left wing, anti-American drivel. But thank you nonetheless.


    I think you need to read some philosophy journals because you clealry dont understand Marxism, and socialism.
    Last edited by TheDemSocialist; 07-11-12 at 12:03 AM.


  7. #227
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Recruitment numbers and amount of attacks wish to say otherwise.


    I agree that there are many reasons "why" people become terrorists, but recruitment numbers skyrocketed after we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and become cesspool for terrorist recruitment and terrorist attacks.


    Not really.
    War is hell. People see people die, when there loved ones die, when their friends, neighbors etc die those causalities are used as a recruitment tool and propaganda tool and people become attracted to the use of terror and anything that says what they are doing is justified because the people who did this killed x,y,z


    Well Iraq is not a terrorist hotspot


    Fantastic is questionable sense all they have done is just reloacated to Pakistan.
    Recruitment to where and what groups? al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) was formed specifically because its first iteration al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia was crushed, and an amalgamation was formed to try and offset the casualties. al-Qaeda in Iraq by most accounts was dealt a fairly devastating blow following the Surge and has failed to regain its initiative(Al Qaeda in Iraq is 'broken,' cut off from leaders in Pakistan, says top US general - The Long War Journal). al-Qaeda proper if we are to shift there has deteriorated to the point where its ability to organize complex international attacks has been reduced to almost nil. The group was never an armed militia in and of itself, it was a clearing house and distributor of funds and actors for terrorist attacks all across the globe, many in its own name, some as volunteers to other causes such as Chechnya. That ability has been demolished, even in Pakistan where the group is beyond being on the ropes, it has been supplanted by another amalgamation of remnant al-Qaeda members, the Tehrik-i-Taliban members who belief in foreign jihad, and of course the AfPak Taliban, and our drone campaign has been inflicting horrendous losses in terms of personal and leadership, as well as punishing their morale. I think we are doing fine in that regard.

    Alright using the logic that when people are killed, they become angry and seek to fight, how is any organization or armed group ever defeated? I acknowledge that collateral damage can have an impact on recruitment, certainly it can, but there is an upper limit on how many can be drawn to that. We have been successful because we have degraded these groups ability to recruit faster than we can eliminate them, and more importantly because we have destroyed the mid to senior level leadership or in the process of interdicting them.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Not its called a opinion because i based it off the current wars creating more terrorists.
    But these experts seem to agree with me that our policies are creating more terrorists:
    Drone attacks create terrorist safe havens, warns former CIA official | World news | guardian.co.uk
    War on Terror May Breed More Terrorism, Experts Tell Madrid Summit
    Richard A. Clarke -- Cheney and Rice Remember 9/11. I Do, Too.

    Interesting aint it?
    All leftist sources. Okay. As you are a leftist I suppose that is what Leftists read.

    Do they "enjoy seeing Americans die" as supposedly as i do?
    I cannot recall saying that. If I did I retract it. What I remember asking is what would you do?

    I just did: "The use of such fear to intimidate people, esp. for political reasons"


    Usually terrorism involves physical acts to induce the fear. Are you claiming that warfare is terrorism?

    I never stated they are committing crimes.
    You accused the US military of committing terrorist acts. Terrorism is a war tactic and it is also a crime.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 07-11-12 at 12:50 AM.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No. This is what its based off of and what i base it off of
    You believe that Iraq is failing in every one of those broad categories? Awesome. Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

    I wrote," The article you referenced begins by saying it is based on Noam Chomsky's assumptions about failed states."
    To which you wrote,
    Uhh could you possibly point out where you find that?
    Sure. My word begins implies that you will find it at the beginning of the article you referenced.

    I think you need to read some philosophy journals because you clealry dont understand Marxism, and socialism.
    Maybe I don't. And maybe I do. In the 1970s when I first began studying Marxism it appeared to me that Marxists were really torn by the things they saw happening to Marxism. First Lenin modified Marxism and it became Marxism-Leninism. As someone who was very interested in the Soviet Union I became quite familiar with Marxism-Leninism and the weak mewling from the pure Marxists who could not believe their twaddle was being messed with. Then Stalin added his twist without changing the name. Stalin wanted to justify the murder and the tyranny he imposed on the poor Russian people as he forced them into a top down, centrally planned, industrial economy.

    Then Mao Tse-tung rewrote the whole thing as if he had thought of it. Naturally, as a Marxist, he also managed to murder millions. Maoism, a form of Marxism was born.

    And finally the Europeans had their versions of Marxism. They had a variety of names, such as, Marxism with human face, Socialism with a human face, scientific socialism... I am sure there were other names for their brand of Marxism. And that is where the one term Marxist has brought us. We have become Europe with its ugly socialisms. And Europe is failing. They have high unemployment. Now we do too. They spend way more than they take in. Now we do too.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 07-11-12 at 12:50 AM.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Taliban shoot woman 9 times in public execution as men cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Great, a hate Islam thread.

    If you don't realize that this thread is not about hatred but about the incredible cruelty and Stone Age culture of the Taliban, then there is something lacking in your morality and ethics.
    Last edited by Mya; 07-11-12 at 01:37 AM.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •