Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 159

Thread: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

  1. #61
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post













    Probably, but try reading what I wrote. Where did I ever use the word "Democrat"? In the South, "democrat" is sometimes used as an epithet to describe a black person. Obviously, lots of blacks volunteer to serve in the military, usually because they can't find a job in the civilian workforce or have limited job skills. But I don't normally view blacks as "liberals," or people who care much about taking up liberal causes like saving the penguins. As long as they get their SNAP cards and Medicaid, I think most poor blacks are good with letting the penguins permanently slide into the ocean. Same goes for white blue-collar, union types. They just want the lights to stay on and don't suffer bouts of insomnia worrying about global warming.
    I think you should try reading what you write! I don't think many would argue that you clearly have issues with racism. You should work on it.

    The best part of arguing against people like you is that I don't even need to form an argument as your falls in on itself. LOL
    Last edited by whysoserious; 07-04-12 at 12:30 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Wow. Blacks only serve in the military because they can't find a job in civilian life or have limited job skills? Racism much? In fact, your entire post is racist. Only southern Democrats serve in the military?
    Yeah, that's right. I think the decision to enlist today is largely driven by economics. In fact, that goes for the majority of enlistees today, regardless of race. So if you if you want to brand me an equal opportunity hater instead of engage in an actual debate be my guest. If you're interested in an honest debate, ask yourself this question: How many privileged white kids enlist in the Marines or the Army because they love their country? If they do, their parents want to have them committed. And ask yourself what would happen to recruitment without the G.I. Bill, allowances, and bonuses paid today? Let's see how many people would join if the government paid what it paid, inflation adjusted, to draftees back during the Vietnam War.
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #63
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,824

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    practicing what they preach,never gonna happen,they will demonize republicans,one up republicans on the same issues and fight tooth and nail to say its ok by demonizing bush.

    \
    hers a fun fact,if yall hate bush so much,WHY ARE YOU SUPPORTING A DEMOCRAT FOLLOWING HIS POLICIES!!!!!!!!!!!!oh i see its only bad if someone with an (r)next to his name does it.

    Many support Obama simply because the alternative is far worse. Not much choice in the American political system at present
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #64
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The best part of arguing against people like you is that I don't even need to form an argument as your falls in on itself. LOL
    You need to study logic. The merit or truth of an argument is not determined by the person making it.
    Нава́льный 2018

  5. #65
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Yeah, that's right. I think the decision to enlist today is largely driven by economics. In fact, that goes for the majority of enlistees today, regardless of race. So if you if you want to brand me an equal opportunity hater instead of engage in an actual debate be my guest. If you're interested in an honest debate, ask yourself this question: How many privileged white kids enlist in the Marines or the Army because they love their country? If they do, their parents want to have them committed. And ask yourself what would happen to recruitment without the G.I. Bill, allowances, and bonuses paid today? Let's see how many people would join if the government paid what it paid, inflation adjusted, to draftees back during the Vietnam War.
    False comparison. You're comparing the thinking of the very tiny minority of the rich, and claiming it represents the thinking of the rest of Americans.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  6. #66
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,824

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Yeah, that's right. I think the decision to enlist today is largely driven by economics. In fact, that goes for the majority of enlistees today, regardless of race. So if you if you want to brand me an equal opportunity hater instead of engage in an actual debate be my guest. If you're interested in an honest debate, ask yourself this question: How many privileged white kids enlist in the Marines or the Army because they love their country? If they do, their parents want to have them committed. And ask yourself what would happen to recruitment without the G.I. Bill, allowances, and bonuses paid today? Let's see how many people would join if the government paid what it paid, inflation adjusted, to draftees back during the Vietnam War.

    Well, just two examples I can offer: Joe Biden's son volunteered and served in Iraq. Not one of Mitt Romney's sons could be bothered with enlisting.

    or how about the Congressional race in Illinois? That great patriot Republican Congressman Joe Walsh never served in the military, his Democratic opponent - a woman, lost both of her legs when her Black Hawk was shot down in Iraq.

    You must be right - only real true Americans volunteer for service and they are all Republicans - yeah right!

    Another one, ever heard of a guy named Pat Tillman?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #67
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    False comparison. You're comparing the thinking of the very tiny minority of the rich, and claiming it represents the thinking of the rest of Americans.
    Somerville offers up one liberal--count 'em--one--who joined the military as representative of the rest of liberaldom and you give him a "Like." Beau Biden does fill the stereotypical bill of a liberal: lawyer and politician. Besides, he didn't enlist; he's an officer. Yeah, he served in Iraq as a member of a Delaware National Guard unit at Camp Victory that dealt with command and control, but I'll bet he didn't have to get his nails too dirty. Plus, if he ever got the munchies he could make a night run to Pizza Hut or Subway.
    Нава́льный 2018

  8. #68
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Since when is that a problem for conservatives?
    Since when is it not a problem with Libbos? Since the most Liberal Democrat president got elected, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Since that day in January 2009 when a Democrat assumed the office of the President.
    C'mon, let's be real...if this were Bush, Libbo heads would be exploding right now. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Somerville offers up one liberal--count 'em--one--who joined the military as representative of the rest of liberaldom and you give him a "Like." Beau Biden does fill the stereotypical bill of a liberal: lawyer and politician. Besides, he didn't enlist; he's an officer. Yeah, he served in Iraq as a member of a Delaware National Guard unit at Camp Victory that dealt with command and control, but I'll bet he didn't have to get his nails too dirty. Plus, if he ever got the munchies he could make a night run to Pizza Hut or Subway.
    I'd like to know, how you know, what the motives are of everyone joining the military. Please list the studies you've conducted and the methods you employed in the study. Otherwise, admit it. You're guessing.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •