Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 159

Thread: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Of course. Almost by definition, liberals tend to be pacifist. They'd rather go to college and take up a pet cause like saving the penguins while studying to become lawyers, teachers, or social workers than volunteer to become Marines or G.I.s. So unless their own skins are in danger of being drafted or someone named Bush is President, they're probably more concerned with the lives of the penguins than Marines.
    The legal profession is far more varied than most people realize. There is a network of conservative law professors stretching across the country who are one of the pillars of conservative thought. They are among the best educated people on earth. Never underestimate your foe or you risk being surprised.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I bet you really wish that was true. ****ing liberals with their educations... LOL.
    Well, I'm just speaking from personal experience. I've never met a liberal who volunteered to become a Marine. In fact, I think most liberals would go into hysterics if they ever caught their kid watching a Bonanza rerun on TV Land. The thought of Little Asher ogling Hoss Cartwright's "war toy" 1873 Colt Single Action Army would, no doubt, force his parents to place him into therapy.
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #53
    Student Darrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    As you should know, the Iranian Government has threaten to close the strait of hormuz, which is a big deal, because alot of the world's oil is transpoted through there. President Obama has warned the Iranian Govenment, that if it wishes to try and close the strait, military force would be used. That is why we have a aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf, so the strait would not be close. Obama, is trying to use intimidation, so there will not be a need to use military force, like you would make your self appear bigger than you are to a bear to scare it off. Bush, on the other hand didnt even try to use intimidation, he just dragged us into a useless conflict, for nothing. Yes, 9/11 was a terrible thing, but we could have tracked down and killed the ones who were responsible for the attack, not drag in two countries. I got off topic, sorry. I do not think Obama is the greatest President, but he is doing a good job keeping the lion in it's cage, figuratively of course.
    "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."-Richard Jeni

  4. #54
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    American soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen simply are the best the world has ever known. They serve a polity with a political culture that doesn't deserve such men and women. We have bigger problems than we realize.
    Again, I repeat the question. Who is it that you think the U.S. Fifth Fleet should flee in terror from? The Iranians? As the man said, give it a rest.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Well, I'm just speaking from personal experience. I've never met a liberal who volunteered to become a Marine. In fact, I think most liberals would go into hysterics if they ever caught their kid watching a Bonanza rerun on TV Land. The thought of Little Asher ogling Hoss Cartwright's "war toy" 1873 Colt Single Action Army would, no doubt, force his parents to place him into therapy.
    You speak from ignorance. Your another one of those superpatriots who think all real mean are right wing conservative Republicans and that no Democrat or liberal has ever served in the military or defended this country. Obviously you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. You honestly think that every single Marine is a conservative Republican? Are you nuts?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #57
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You speak from ignorance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Obviously you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.




    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Are you nuts?




    Probably, but try reading what I wrote. Where did I ever use the word "Democrat"? In the South, "democrat" is sometimes used as an epithet to describe a black person. Obviously, lots of blacks volunteer to serve in the military, usually because they can't find a job in the civilian workforce or have limited job skills. But I don't normally view blacks as "liberals," or people who care much about taking up liberal causes like saving the penguins. As long as they get their SNAP cards and Medicaid, I think most poor blacks are good with letting the penguins permanently slide into the ocean. Same goes for white blue-collar, union types. They just want the lights to stay on and don't suffer bouts of insomnia worrying about global warming.
    Нава́льный 2018

  8. #58
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    January 20, 2009 was the date the leftist anti-war movement went silent. That's why President Obama has a free hand to wage unrestricted drone war against civilians in Pakistan, Somalia and Kenya. He's even building new drone bases in the Indian Ocean so he can reach out and touch sleeping villagers any where in the vicinity of the Indian Ocean. Obama doesn't take prisoners. He kills them dead along with their families and anyone else who happens by. He even launches drone strikes against people who he doesn't identify. If they make the wrong move he kills them dead.

    Now President Obama has built up US forces around Iran in order to intimidate that country. He's goig to get America into another war. That's a very foolish thing to do.

    Albert, id much rather obama use Drones to kill our enemies, than put marines and grunts and put them in jeopardy...I cant find fault with with drone attacks...I appreciate them, for every drone that saves a soldier thats a drone worth everything to me.

  9. #59
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You speak from ignorance. Your another one of those superpatriots who think all real mean are right wing conservative Republicans and that no Democrat or liberal has ever served in the military or defended this country. Obviously you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. You honestly think that every single Marine is a conservative Republican? Are you nuts?
    The irony is that all of these anti-government, hard-core conservatives are wildly devoted to one of the most socialist organizations on earth.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: US flexes muscles as it sends aircraft carriers to Persian Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post













    Probably, but try reading what I wrote. Where did I ever use the word "Democrat"? In the South, "democrat" is sometimes used as an epithet to describe a black person. Obviously, lots of blacks volunteer to serve in the military, usually because they can't find a job in the civilian workforce or have limited job skills. But I don't normally view blacks as "liberals," or people who care much about taking up liberal causes like saving the penguins. As long as they get their SNAP cards and Medicaid, I think most poor blacks are good with letting the penguins permanently slide into the ocean. Same goes for white blue-collar, union types. They just want the lights to stay on and don't suffer bouts of insomnia worrying about global warming.
    Wow. Blacks only serve in the military because they can't find a job in civilian life or have limited job skills? Racism much? In fact, your entire post is racist. Only southern Democrats serve in the military?

    I think I was far too tame with my initial evaluation of your first effort. Your second one could be straight from the KKK handbook.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •