Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1220

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2[W:1, 183, 386, 590]

  1. #841
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Ya know what? I'd love to believe this was true, but you can't "insure" 30-40+ million more people without someone picking up the tab. And history has proved it falls on the middle class to pay the bills.
    You mean the bill that all sorts of subsidies will be helping to pay? This stuff has been refuted repeatedly in this very thread. Repeating failed arguments won't make them true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #842
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Long legs? That is hilarious. It's a 100 % avoidable tax. Almost no one is going to be paying the tax. What do you call something that doesn't effect any one? A nonissue.
    Why wouldn't people pay the "tax" that is way cheaper than the otherwise required insurance?

    Also, I agree that this isn't a tax. It's an unconstitutional pile of ****.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  3. #843
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You mean the bill that all sorts of subsidies will be helping to pay? This stuff has been refuted repeatedly in this very thread. Repeating failed arguments won't make them true.

    You are so right. "Repeating failed arguments" won't make this other than what the JD argued and the Supreme Court ruled. It's a TAX.

  4. #844
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Why wouldn't people pay the "tax" that is way cheaper than the otherwise required insurance?

    Also, I agree that this isn't a tax. It's an unconstitutional pile of ****.
    1. If you buy insurance you get insurance. If you pay a fine you still have to pay for medical expenses;
    2. Freeloading is unethical.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #845
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Why wouldn't people pay the "tax" that is way cheaper than the otherwise required insurance?

    Also, I agree that this isn't a tax. It's an unconstitutional pile of ****.
    Because most people get their insurance through employment. Many more will get insurance free from Medicaid. Insurance has value.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #846
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    You are so right. "Repeating failed arguments" won't make this other than what the JD argued and the Supreme Court ruled. It's a TAX.
    I did not say it was not a tax. Why build that straw man instead of arguing against what I actually said.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #847
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Why do we support the inclusion of a middle man in the realm of healthcare? There should be no insurance to take profits. Nationalize Medicare.

  8. #848
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not say it was not a tax. Why build that straw man instead of arguing against what I actually said.


    Because every talking head on TV is trying to convince the public/taxpayer it's not a TAX. It's all in the "wordsmithing". And that is my big concern.

    I don't care how this TAX is dressed up or how many talking point papers are issued to try and fool the general public, - it's a TAX. And the public was told, by the Obama WH, this wasn't going to be a TAX.

    Now we are all sitting here waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. Obama lied, congress validated that lie, and as usually the taxpayer will foot the bill in the long run.

    It's now a wait-and-see game.

  9. #849
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Because every talking head on TV is trying to convince the public/taxpayer it's not a TAX. It's all in the "wordsmithing". And that is my big concern.

    I don't care how this TAX is dressed up or how many talking point papers are issued to try and fool the general public, - it's a TAX. And the public was told, by the Obama WH, this wasn't going to be a TAX.

    Now we are all sitting here waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. Obama lied, congress validated that lie, and as usually the taxpayer will foot the bill in the long run.

    It's now a wait-and-see game.
    And now you are even further from addressing the point I made. Defending your point by evading from arguments made against it is not a good debate tactic. Neither is silly hyperbole and exaggeration.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #850
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Because every talking head on TV is trying to convince the public/taxpayer it's not a TAX. It's all in the "wordsmithing". And that is my big concern.

    I don't care how this TAX is dressed up or how many talking point papers are issued to try and fool the general public, - it's a TAX. And the public was told, by the Obama WH, this wasn't going to be a TAX.

    Now we are all sitting here waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. Obama lied, congress validated that lie, and as usually the taxpayer will foot the bill in the long run.

    It's now a wait-and-see game.
    The bottom line is that, whatever you want to call it, the way it actually works has been known since 2009 and nothing has changed in that regard.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •