Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1220

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2[W:1, 183, 386, 590]

  1. #11
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Honestly, I think a lot of conservative politicians are relieved by the decision. They talk big about how much they hate health care, but they didn't want to have to campaign to people who can't get medical care because of what they did. Republicans have all kinds of crazy rhetoric they're into, but it's better left as rhetoric, not reality.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #12
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    It now appears that the dissent of the conservative Justices was at one time the majority opinion, and that Roberts changed his vote based on intimidation. He was intimidated by threats to delegitimize the Supreme Court if Obamacare wasn't validated. It may be that Chief Justice put his fears about the institution of the Supreme Court over his duty to interpret the Constitution. If this is true, Chief Justice Roberts breached his duty to the Constitution.
    No, you don't understand. He was worried that the court would be delegitimized in the public eye if it was too blatantly partisan. It isn't like somebody was threatening to delegitimize it, it just is what would have happened if it disregarded the constitution to achieve right wing policy results that they couldn't achieve in the actual Congress. Roberts is indeed keenly aware of that risk. He has given many lectures on it lately.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    HC is always being rationed in one manner or another. It's economics.
    Which is why a Free Market HC system like the United States had before Obamacare is vastly superior to the Socialized system the ACA is trying to force us into

    The elderly in the UK hospitals are dying from starvation and thirst because there is no money left, yet people like you amazingly believe that the quality and availability of HC in the US is going to improve because of Obamacare.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Honestly, I think a lot of conservative politicians are relieved by the decision. They talk big about how much they hate health care, but they didn't want to have to campaign to people who can't get medical care because of what they did. Republicans have all kinds of crazy rhetoric they're into, but it's better left as rhetoric, not reality.
    Can you please provide specific and detailed sources to back up your claim that "Republicans Hate Health Care"?

    Thank you

  5. #15
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Which is why a Free Market HC system like the United States had before Obamacare is vastly superior to the Socialized system the ACA is trying to force us into

    The elderly in the UK hospitals are dying from starvation and thirst because there is no money left, yet people like you amazingly believe that the quality and availability of HC in the US is going to improve because of Obamacare.
    Socialized system? Uh... What?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  6. #16
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Can you please provide specific and detailed sources to back up your claim that "Republicans Hate Health Care"?

    Thank you
    I mean that they hate the health care reform. Obviously.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Which is why a Free Market HC system like the United States had before Obamacare is vastly superior to the Socialized system the ACA is trying to force us into

    The elderly in the UK hospitals are dying from starvation and thirst because there is no money left, yet people like you amazingly believe that the quality and availability of HC in the US is going to improve because of Obamacare.
    I do not think that word "socialized" means what you think it does.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    intimidation...from whom?

    got any evidence for this conspiracy?

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    intimidation...from whom?

    got any evidence for this conspiracy?

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    It now appears that the dissent of the conservative Justices was at one time the majority opinion, and that Roberts changed his vote based on intimidation. He was intimidated by threats to delegitimize the Supreme Court if Obamacare wasn't validated....
    Obama made NO such threats. I just watched your video. It appears that once again, Fox News is lying.

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •