Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1220

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2[W:1, 183, 386, 590]

  1. #1171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sorry, but you need to try again to distinguish Obamacare from what Republicans previously offered -- including the Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney. 'Obamacare' very similar to GOP plan | NewsChief.com
    Why do I NEED to do the distinguishing? You were the one who said 'created by Republicans'. I asked for a substantiated explaination. The link you provided previously AND the one above primarily talks about the mandate and VERY little more. Try again…

    Silly me, I forgot that when Republicans say compromise, what they means is "do exactly what we want and none of you want."
    Funny, that sounds so similar to something I said…

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Could it be that the change from within you espouse is more 'fall in line with what we want' especially when we are in the majority?
    Plagiarism, silly indeed…try again…

  2. #1172
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Why do I NEED to do the distinguishing? You were the one who said 'created by Republicans'. I asked for a substantiated explaination. The link you provided previously AND the one above primarily talks about the mandate and VERY little more. Try again…
    Brother, the mandate is the lynchpin of the plan. It exists so that insurance companies can be made to accept people with preexisting conditions. That was central to the Heritage/Republican/Romney plan and its central to ACA. Romney also implemented health care exchanges in Massachusettes -- another lynchpin of ACA. Romney and Obama used the same consultant to help craft their plans. That consultant is on record as saying that they are the same ****ing plan ... and he used the F word.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #1173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Brother, the mandate is the lynchpin of the plan. It exists so that insurance companies can be made to accept people with preexisting conditions. That was central to the Heritage/Republican/Romney plan and its central to ACA. Romney also implemented health care exchanges in Massachusettes -- another lynchpin of ACA. Romney and Obama used the same consultant to help craft their plans. That consultant is on record as saying that they are the same ****ing plan ... and he used the F word.
    Let me see if I understand your point. The individual mandate IS THE lynchpin...but the exchanges are ANOTHER LYNCHPIN...seems confusing but whatever.

    To further my understanding of your point, so the mandate IS THE lynchpin AND it was initilized by Heritage, etal so that makes them (Republicans) the 'creators' of PPACA...oh and since Romney inacted HC exchanges this further proves Republicans are the 'creators' of PPACA...but NO Republicans voted for in in Congress...doesn't that seem like a contradiction to you? Further since you espouse its greatness maybe we should elect Romney/Republicans since it is such a good idea...maybe they have others...?

  4. #1174
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Brother, the mandate is the lynchpin of the plan. It exists so that insurance companies can be made to accept people with preexisting conditions. That was central to the Heritage/Republican/Romney plan and its central to ACA. Romney also implemented health care exchanges in Massachusettes -- another lynchpin of ACA. Romney and Obama used the same consultant to help craft their plans. That consultant is on record as saying that they are the same ****ing plan ... and he used the F word.
    Hmm, so the thing going on with Catholic institutions, thats the GOP plan? How about the elimination of HSAs? How about elimination of numerous medical plans? How about the minimum floor for coverage where the penalty kicks in? How about the doc fix, that tore up medicare funding? How about all the tax structures that are set up? The 1099 minimum reporting? Are you REALLY saying thats all the GOP? Because I dont think so. They took the mandate, which was a neccessary evil of implementation and made it even ****tier in true DC fashion.

    Again, states are the proper way to both establish a mandate and experiment with various laws and structures to find what works and what does not.

  5. #1175
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Let me see if I understand your point. The individual mandate IS THE lynchpin...but the exchanges are ANOTHER LYNCHPIN...seems confusing but whatever.

    To further my understanding of your point, so the mandate IS THE lynchpin AND it was initilized by Heritage, etal so that makes them (Republicans) the 'creators' of PPACA...oh and since Romney inacted HC exchanges this further proves Republicans are the 'creators' of PPACA...but NO Republicans voted for in in Congress...doesn't that seem like a contradiction to you? Further since you espouse its greatness maybe we should elect Romney/Republicans since it is such a good idea...maybe they have others...?
    Hey, if you want to play at being obtuse you can do it on your own time.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #1176
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Hmm, so the thing going on with Catholic institutions, thats the GOP plan? How about the elimination of HSAs? How about elimination of numerous medical plans? How about the minimum floor for coverage where the penalty kicks in? How about the doc fix, that tore up medicare funding? How about all the tax structures that are set up? The 1099 minimum reporting? Are you REALLY saying thats all the GOP? Because I dont think so. They took the mandate, which was a neccessary evil of implementation and made it even ****tier in true DC fashion.

    Again, states are the proper way to both establish a mandate and experiment with various laws and structures to find what works and what does not.
    Here is a NY Times article that compares Romnies plan and Obamacare.

    Massachusetts State law…………. Yes, or pay up to a $1,200 a year penalty.


    Affordable Care Act……………. Federal law, Yes,or pay a penalty of $95 a year in 2014, then $695 a year in 2016, when penalty fully implemented.

    Instead of C and P the whole article, check out the link. To these bloodshot ole eyes it looks like mittens plan is the template for obamacare.

    Comparing Two Health Care Laws - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #1177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Hey, if you want to play at being obtuse you can do it on your own time.
    You claim 'Republicans created' it, I ask you to substantiate this and you throw a couple of turds at the wall to see if one sticks and I'M THE ONE BEING OBTUSE...wondering who has been wasting the other's time...

  8. #1178
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You claim 'Republicans created' it, I ask you to substantiate this and you throw a couple of turds at the wall to see if one sticks and I'M THE ONE BEING OBTUSE...wondering who has been wasting the other's time...
    Again, we have established that Republicans came up with the primary structures of the plan: a healthcare mandate, no denial for preexisting conditions, subsidized insurance for lower income people, etc., etc.

    Want more detail? Read Romney's health care law, or peruse the 1993 Republican law authored by Sen. Chafee and cosponsored by over a dozen other Republicans (and even two Democrats!):

    Summary Of A 1993 Republican Health Reform Plan - Kaiser Health News

    http://healthcarereform.procon.org/s..._1770_1993.pdf
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #1179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, we have established that Republicans came up with the primary structures of the plan: a healthcare mandate, no denial for preexisting conditions, subsidized insurance for lower income people, etc., etc.

    Want more detail? Read Romney's health care law, or peruse the 1993 Republican law authored by Sen. Chafee and cosponsored by over a dozen other Republicans (and even two Democrats!):

    Summary Of A 1993 Republican Health Reform Plan - Kaiser Health News

    http://healthcarereform.procon.org/s..._1770_1993.pdf
    DANG...I see your point now...Those Republican ideas REALLY ARE GOOD...Good thing this is an election year...We can get MORE of them in office...thanks for that...

  10. #1180
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives-Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    DANG...I see your point now...Those Republican ideas REALLY ARE GOOD...Good thing this is an election year...We can get MORE of them in office...thanks for that...

    Well there is the small problem that the present Republican Party is denying the value of those ideas they once promoted. Seems like they really could care less about the wellbeing of the nation and more about controlling the reins of power.

    Or in other words, they will say and do anything that gets rid of that black usurper in 'their' White House - even when it is a 180 turn from what they once advocated.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •