Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 283

Thread: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

  1. #61
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I would say Issa had to do what he did due to the first part of your statement. No?
    He had the right to hold congressional hearings on the matter. However, the way he conducted himself as chair of those hearings left much to be desired. Once Obama invoked EP, I think he basically threw a major temper tantrum and was determined to regain control.

    I predict Holder will never see the inside of a courtroom. Once November has come and gone, this will IMHO quietly drift away. Meanwhile, Obama not only screwed the pooch by not cutting Holder loose after the F&F fiasco (I mean, what the hell was Obama thinking??), he has now attached Holder to his own left hip because he cannot replace him now without making himself look like a completely ineffectual and indecisive leader who has been cowed by the opposition into abandoning his guy.

    Not that I care what happens to Holder, mind you. I just think with wars, rumors of wars, in the middle of a global fiscal crisis and our own economic depression, it pisses me off that congress is less interested in passing legislation to stimulate jobs and the economy rather than spending millions going after a second-rate cabinet head.
    Last edited by DiAnna; 06-28-12 at 09:51 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post

    17 D' & all R's fear the NRA & depend on NRA $$$.
    I'll take that over having Obama kneepads welded on any day.

  3. #63
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Did one person write the 1st and 3rd paragraph, and then like their alter ego write the one in the middle ?

    Cause that's the only explanation that makes any sense. And the middle writer is fubar, btw.
    Perhaps this made sense to you. However, it made no sense to me.

  4. #64
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    He had the right to hold congressional hearings on the matter. However, the way he conducted himself as chair of those hearings left much to be desired. Once Obama invoked EP, I think he basically threw a major temper tantrum and was determined to regain control.

    I predict Holder will never see the inside of a courtroom. Once November has come and gone, this will IMHO quietly drift away. Meanwhile, Obama not only screwed the pooch by not cutting Holder loose after the F&F fiasco (I mean, what the hell was Obama thinking??), he has now attached Holder to his own left hip because he cannot effectively replace him now without making himself look like a completely ineffectual and indecisive leader.

    Not that I care what happens to Holder, mind you. I just think with wars, rumors of wars, in the middle of a global fiscal crisis and our own economic depression, it pisses me off that congress is less interested in passing legislation to stimulate jobs and the economy rather than spending millions going after a second-rate cabinet head.
    Well, the House passed a bill right after the contempt vote to try him in civil court vice criminal court. That allows them to hire a special prosecutor and avoid using a US Attorney. A smart move IMO.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #65
    Advisor jpevans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    338

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140


    That & suing Az. for the Papers Please Law, refusing to prosecute DOMA, being AG while Black.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Seems to be more of them not liking his crackdown on voter suppression laws than anything else

    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

  6. #66
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Democrats want to turn this into a racial matter.
    Funny, you and one other right winger in this thread seem to be playing the race-card in this topic. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Perhaps this made sense to you. However, it made no sense to me.
    Well, lemme take a little more time. When the AG is as screwed up as you say, we all need to scream at the top of our lungs.

    If the top cop is as incompetent as you say, then should not the top over-sight be jumping out of their shoes ?

    Or do we all just move along ?

    FYI. Not me. And millions like me. Its a "cold dead fingers" thing.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post

    ..........., being AG while Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Funny, you and one other right winger in this thread seem to be playing the race-card in this topic. Go figure.
    Oh my goodness !!!!

    Guess again !

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Well, at least one branch of the government got something right today.

    House holds Holder in contempt - CNN.com
    Well, to be precise, the Republicans in the House of Representatives decided to embarrass themselves today. It has all the significance of a damp toilet seat.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Well, the House passed a bill right after the contempt vote to try him in civil court vice criminal court. That allows them to hire a special prosecutor and avoid using a US Attorney. A smart move IMO.
    Yeah, it's brilliant. Screw the Constitutition, screw governing, lets go on the partisan witchhunt . Sad.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 06-28-12 at 10:07 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •