Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 283

Thread: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

  1. #241
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How long have you been beating your wife?
    Come on Adam, you have to be against states rights, if you want to make guns illegal. Further we have a government dealing in illegal guns giving them to the druggies. I would suggest going after our government first for dealing illegal weapons.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #242
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How long have you been beating your wife?
    Nice David Stern impression lol
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #243
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Come on Adam, you have to be against states rights, if you want to make guns illegal.
    Do you honestly see no middle ground between allowing damned-near anyone to purchase a truckload of weapons, without so much as a notification requirement, and making guns illegal altogether?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #244
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Do you honestly see no middle ground between allowing damned-near anyone to purchase a truckload of weapons, without so much as a notification requirement, and making guns illegal altogether?
    It's a little something that is a decision for each state. There are laws against trafficking guns. If the federal government can not stop that, that's just one more thing they are failing at.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #245
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It's a little something that is a decision for each state. There are laws against trafficking guns. If the federal government can not stop that, that's just one more thing they are failing at.
    Yes, it is a decision for each state. Some states are more responsible than others. Is your argument that Arizona should be applauded for attacking the reasonableness of the feds' enforcement effort, but Arizona cannot be criticized for its pathetically weak regulations?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Come on Adam, you have to be against states rights, if you want to make guns illegal. Further we have a government dealing in illegal guns giving them to the druggies. I would suggest going after our government first for dealing illegal weapons.
    Public gun shops legally sold every weapon involved in F&F and every one of the weapons would still have been in the same hands if there was no such thing as F&F. No prosecutor would issue arrest warrants for the strawmen because the Arizona laws are so vague. Those weak, unenforceable gun laws were the reason Agent Terry was killed by one of those legally purchased over the counter weapons. Nice going NRA.
    You have got to get up to date sometime.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 07-07-12 at 12:28 AM.

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It's a little something that is a decision for each state. There are laws against trafficking guns. If the federal government can not stop that, that's just one more thing they are failing at.
    So whether someone like Agent Terry gets killed because of strawman purchasers doesn't matter. It's up to the States to decide whether a person can buy 20 guns and resell them right in the parking lot?? Who speaks for those that are killed?

  8. #248
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, it is a decision for each state. Some states are more responsible than others. Is your argument that Arizona should be applauded for attacking the reasonableness of the feds' enforcement effort, but Arizona cannot be criticized for its pathetically weak regulations?
    Weak? In your opinion. But their statewide regulations have nothing to do with the feds not enforcing their laws, not doing their job. Your apples to oranges dodge does not work.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Who speaks for those that are killed?
    Apparently nobody in the current administration.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #249
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How do you know they aren't coming in by plane? In any case, if it wasn't possible for any moron to BUY a truckload of guns in Arizona it would be a lot easier to deal with.
    Are you saying our Government can't even control our airspace along the border either? Both the Border and the airspace are the sole responsibility of the Federal Government who has yet again dropped the ball then blames the states. The Obama administration not only knew about the straw buyers gun purchases but purposely allowed them to cross the border with them.
    Last edited by Prof. Peabody; 07-07-12 at 06:50 AM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  10. #250
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Public gun shops legally sold every weapon involved in F&F and every one of the weapons would still have been in the same hands if there was no such thing as F&F. No prosecutor would issue arrest warrants for the strawmen because the Arizona laws are so vague. Those weak, unenforceable gun laws were the reason Agent Terry was killed by one of those legally purchased over the counter weapons. Nice going NRA.
    You have got to get up to date sometime.
    Not really, they could have been stopped at the border and arrested for exporting firearms without a license or permit, a felony.

    22 CFR 123.17 - Exports of firearms and ammunition.

    § 123.17

    Exports of firearms and ammunition.

    (a) Except as provided in § 126.1 of this subchapter, Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of components and parts for Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.

    22 CFR 123.17 - Exports of firearms and ammunition. | LII / Legal Information Institute
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •