Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 283

Thread: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

  1. #191
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It is a crime. Denying reality is not a good argument
    So is this..........

    Criminally negligent manslaughter

    Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

    It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

    Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim.

    Manslaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    As Law Enforcement officials, they had a "duty to act" as soon as they started losing track of the Assault Rifles in question. Common sense and duty to law enforcement dictates once they lost track of guns, shut the program down. They didn't do that. They failed to foresee that allowing untracked assault rifles in the hands of murderous drug cartels would constitute a "wanton disregard for human life". After all they were not allowing tire pressure gauges to cross the border, they were dealing with assault rifles and hand grenades.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  2. #192
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Issa has requested a warehouse full of documents. Obviously those documents will have information about much more than FF.
    So? What's your point? He's asking for ALL the documents related to Fast and Furious.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  3. #193
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140



    I guess the openness and transparency only applies to Congress and not the White House or DOJ, President Nixon Obama.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  4. #194
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    I guess the openness and transparency only applies to Congress and not the White House or DOJ, President Nixon Obama.

    I am convinced that anything Obama says is either a complete, and utter lie, or exactly the opposite of what he plans on actually doing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #195
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Holding the head of the DOJ in contempt was a foolish notion from the start. I mean, really...how do the people who write the laws (Congress) hold the chief judicial department head charge with defending the law in contempt? What's he going to do? Prosecute himself? Oh, and there's this...

    "Justice Department won't pursue case against Holder"
    By NBC's Pete Williams
    Holder was also held in civil contempt which gives Congress the power to sue him in federal court to force him to comply with the subpoena. Issa said he expected the Justice Department not to prosecute and once they made their decision he would initiate the lawsuit.
    House to authorize civil court action in coming Holder contempt vote - The Hill's Floor Action

  6. #196
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Of course no problem with the people who loved to complain and deride EP when Bush was in office that love it and use it now...
    I am one of those who derided the Bush admin for their over-zealous use of EP and then following up bills with sigining statements saying he wouldn't adhere to the bills he just signed into law. I think when that EP card is played, it should come with a solid explanation not just toss that card on the table and say "deal with it." Obama does have some exlaining to do IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #197
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    I think people have been pretty up front about the self serving senators and congresspeople. If they "luck" into a good deed regardless of party then I am all for it.
    Doing it ala Ken Starr style via moving goal-posts constantly until you trip across someone having an affair when you were looking for an actual political crime... not so much "luck" in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #198
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did you miss the fact that it was illegal for Issa to include the letter in the record AT ALL?
    Did you miss the fact that it isn't, and plainly state so in the article.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #199
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It is a crime. Denying reality is not a good argument
    It's not a crime for Issa, but it would be for you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #200
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,142

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yeah, and while I'm a it I'll ask the other 43 presidents.
    When you get to Lincoln, ask him how the play was going up untill..........well.................you know.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •