Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 283

Thread: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

  1. #161
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Educate yourself it's really powerful to know the facts before you post ridiculous stuff on the boards!
    Now that's funny considering the part you wrote before the above.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    you couldn't find A liberal (that means one in case you are having trouble reading again). You were proven wrong. Figures you can't even man up to your mistakes.
    Sorry, I don't have time to read every thread and every post. Having a job will do that to you.

    So you have shown there is one, which as I have suggested, does not indicate it is the norm on the left. Do you suggest otherwise?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Again, I don't see any of this, nor do I see liberals as one's who have a problem with lack of transparency... Show me a gaggle of liberals that have complained about Obama's promises of 'most transparent' being shown to be false and this administration actually being one of the more secretive. I can't find them.
    I don't have to show you anything. You don't have to see something for it to exist. I suspect, that like most people, you see whatever aligns with your current perception of reality and liberals criticizing Obama for his lack of transparency is not part of that. But I will say this, many on the left have taken issue with his transparency since 2009.

    Yes, that's how you see it because of your own bias. EP came about as a method for the executive branch to keep private internal conversations, sort of as a separation of powers thing (since it's not in the constitution as a 'power'). It has been used by the executive branch, for the executive branch. It was never meant to be used by the executive branch to 'cover' for a different branch. That is what Obama did with his use of it.
    It's funny that you just accused me of seeing it that way because of "my own bias," when I said that I don't think either side abused it. So, what is it? I'm biased in favor of Democrats AND Republicans? Wow, that's genius.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    But I will say this, many on the left have taken issue with his transparency since 2009.
    Yes, I know you assert this, and have backed it up with the absurd statement that 'you don't have to see something for it to exist'. We are not talking about quantum physics...

    It's funny that you just accused me of seeing it that way because of "my own bias," when I said that I don't think either side abused it. So, what is it? I'm biased in favor of Democrats AND Republicans? Wow, that's genius.
    The inability to see the difference can show bias. In your case, you say that neither side abused it, which means you do not view a guy on your side, using it to 'cover' a different branch of government as abusive. When that was not the intent of EP.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Just to bottom line it for you. Law Enforcement has a duty to preserve life and follow all the laws.




    This is what we are talking about here. Law Enforcement officials, they had a "duty to act" as soon as they started losing track of the Assault Rifles in question. Common sense and duty to law enforcement dictates once they lost track of guns, shut the program down. They didn't do that. They failed to foresee that allowing untracked assault rifles in the hands of murderous drug cartels would constitute a "wanton disregard for human life". After all they were not allowing tire pressure gauges to cross the border, they were dealing with assault rifles. Folks in the Obama administration are going to jail. It would be helpful if they policed themselves, or we'll do it for 'em and they won't like the results.
    What if the laws in Arizona made it impossible to seize those guns legally? Was it law enforcements job to break the law and seize guns illegally? Shutting the program down would not have stopped any guns either but that is your solution? How would shutting the program down saved a single life or stopped a single gun?
    The criminals here are the NRA and their lobby that have emasculated our laws making enforcement impossible and strawman purchasers welcome in gun stores around our nation.

  5. #165
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, it's brilliant. Screw the Constitutition, screw governing, lets go on the partisan witchhunt . Sad.
    How exactly are they saying screw the Constitution again? How about the AG ignoring a subpoena? How do those apples taste to you?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yes, I know you assert this, and have backed it up with the absurd statement that 'you don't have to see something for it to exist'. We are not talking about quantum physics...
    That's not how I "backed up" my report of reality, that's how I dismissed your useless "I haven't seen it" comment.

    The inability to see the difference can show bias. In your case, you say that neither side abused it, which means you do not view a guy on your side, using it to 'cover' a different branch of government as abusive. When that was not the intent of EP
    I remember when I used to bull**** like this on my papers in college.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    That's not how I "backed up" my report of reality, that's how I dismissed your useless "I haven't seen it" comment.
    Yeah, it's far more useless than 'in my life.'

    I remember when I used to bull**** like this on my papers in college.
    Wasted money on a college education I see. Good on you.

    AdamT tried to say the scope of EP was not limited as such, perhaps you can pick up where he failed and tell everyone where EP comes from, and what it's scope of use is generally understood and accepted to be. Once the scope is established, it is easy to determine if it was abused. So have at it champ.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #168
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Another note on this. I think it was disgraceful that the Dems walked out on the vote. We, thats all of us posting here, pay these people to do a job. American people can't just walk out on the job when they disagree with something. They shouldn't be allowed to either. They should have at least voted "present". I don't care what party someone belongs to, they should do the job we hired them to do. I'm not going to bring in the "disrespect to Brian Terry" angle on this. This is a matter of politicians that are accusing other politicians of grandstanding, then, trying to out-grandstand them with their own grandstanding. How old are these people? Thats something my 6 year old son would do. I can't remember if the Republicans have done this recently, but if they have, they're just as childish.
    Last thing, has anyone ever watched the proceedings for stuff like this on CSPAN? It ridiculous how our gov't is run. These long winded idiots get up, state things they know aren't facts, the other side disputes it, then another idiot gets up and recycles the same argument. Its dumb, stupid, repeat on Capital Hill. For instance, this case should have been cut and dry. One question could be asked. Did AG Holder turn over the documents subpoenaed? Answer: No. Response: The contempt vote will now be held. Simple as that. This could be applied to most cases. I'm just using this one as an example.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #169
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Another note on this. I think it was disgraceful that the Dems walked out on the vote. We, thats all of us posting here, pay these people to do a job. American people can't just walk out on the job when they disagree with something. They shouldn't be allowed to either.
    I agree. But it's not a first for the left. Wasn't it not all that long ago a bunch of them did it in Texas, not just walking about but leaving the state? Or some silliness like that.

    Not that it makes it right, but I'd guess those on the right have done the same BS at some time in the past as well.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #170
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: House holds holder in contempt [W:140

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post
    It's not as if the ATF sold guns to criminals, as Issa has implyed, they were powerless to make arrests only survail, there are countless ways to loss a "Tail".
    Powerless? Really? Why do they exist then. Do you know how big of a load 100 assault rifles are? You'd need at least a large box truck. Has the ATF never heard of GPS auto trackers?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post
    Yet Issa didn't call on the Prosicuters who refused to act on the evidence presented. Instead they went after the Top of DOJ, without doing an investigation of those actually involved & working up as high as it went, they (Issa) were only interested in nailing Holder & through him President Obama, two (Black) birds with one stone.
    The gun runner should have been arrested while at the border crossing or are we to believe they carried them one by one across the desert? Are we equally to believe that allowing assault rifles and hand grenades across the border that could potentially cause an international incident was approved by some low level flunkie? That would take what Hillary called a willful suspension of disbelief.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •