Page 96 of 194 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1937

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758, 1205]

  1. #951
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,656

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You don't have to pay the whole premium at once. I believe the credit is parceled out over the course of the year, but I'd have to check.
    Please do check. EVERYONE pays their insurance premiums monthly in advance (like RENT), that I know, tax filing is ANNUAL after that year is over. Even a moron knows that you can't BUY something with nothing. To claim a tax credit NEXT YEAR, you must have bought insurance THIS YEAR. If you CAN NOT AFFORD insurance this year then you can claim no tax credit (next year) for NOT buying it, you then must pay the tax PENALTY. Show me links for your nonsense assertions please. You seem to just make stuff up as you go along as some sort of Obama cheerleader.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #952
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I completely agree with the middle statement...

    Thank you for proving my point.

    For Foxes mouth to your's, not an original thought or idea for miles around.

  3. #953
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Dumb white seniors, maybe. If they aren't dumb then they know how screwed they be if the Republican budget was passed.
    That may or may not be the case. In any event it is irrelevant. White seniors will be fearful and resentful. The fear and resentment can be stoked for political advantage. That is perfectly legitimate under the American political culture. Obama's numbers among white seniors can be driven down.

    Small business people can also be frightened and mobilized by the certainty of increased taxes and regulation. This will reduce the likelihood of small businesses creating new jobs. This in turn means that the economy will continue to sputter.

    Division works for Democrats. Now it can work for conservatives. I know that the result is that the country will be hurt, but this is the nature of the existing American political culture. I wish it weren't so, but I would be a fool not to play by the established rules of the game.

  4. #954
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Do you expect a person with broken leg to just pull themselves up by their boot straps
    FYI "uninsured" does NOT mean can't get health care. The HRSA on-line finder has a low cost/no cost Federally funded Health clinics.

    Federally-funded health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. Health centers provide

    1. checkups when you're well
    2. treatment when you're sick
    3. complete care when you're pregnant
    4. immunizations and checkups for your children
    5. dental care and prescription drugs for your family
    6. mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

    Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Type in your address and click the 'Find Health Centers' button to find health centers near you.

    HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page
    There are many State and County programs you can find on line as well.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  5. #955
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    For Foxes mouth to your's, not an original thought or idea for miles around.
    Original thoughts are hard to come by these days. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #956
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And now for a little political humor. From Mitt Romney's campaign web site:

    "As president, Mitt will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito”

    Yeah. Romney looks like a moron.

    I suspect Chief Justice Roberts is now persona non grata among the conservative half of the population.

  7. #957
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    FYI "uninsured" does NOT mean can't get health care. The HRSA on-line finder has a low cost/no cost Federally funded Health clinics.



    There are many State and County programs you can find on line as well.
    So you are advocating FOR govt provided health care? Or are you against this concept? And you do realize that the ACA is not fundamentally govt provided care?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #958
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    "Give" to no one and let adults be adults.

    What's effed up is your insistence upon thinking of adults like they're helpless infants.
    Too late we already gave the rich theirs. The top 5% saw their nest eggs increase from 8 trillion to $40 Trillion since 1985.
    You want us to take it back and start over?

  9. #959
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    If my taxes go up so poor people have a slightly better standards of living and coal/oil companies stop pumping co2 into the air... I can live with that.

    Because I'm not selfish and ignorant.
    So your willing to pay for the poors medical..........What about a job, car to get to the job, food, a house to live in.............Where does it end for you socialists?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #960
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    For Foxes mouth to your's, not an original thought or idea for miles around.
    What can I tell you. You are wrong on nearly everything. But that middle statement was right. I had to stop and give you just a bit of credit where it was due.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •