Page 122 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1937

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758, 1205]

  1. #1211
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, again, I've been seeing those internal figures for a couple decades now. Used to be the students would accept that "crushing debt" because they knew they had a very good chance of paying it back and then some. The high cost of a medical school education hasn't changed. What's changed is the expectation that the students could actually pay it back.
    they can, but they generally have to specialize, which further reduces the number of primary care physicians. i would like to see the path cleared for intelligent young people to become doctors, especially primary care physicians.

  2. #1212
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    I thought when he was running Hussein Obama said no tax hikes for the middle class............Well who does he think is going to pay for the huge tax increase caused by Obama Care.......The biggest tax increase in the history of this country.............Remember this you people who are undecided when you go to the polls in November......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Of course they charge me for services I choose to purchase. The private sector, IMO, is heads above the govt.
    Not in competence, which is what we were discussing. And they don't handle some problems. They have not made healthcare affordable for the working poor. Nor have insurance companies. We pay a lot, and leave a lot of people outside looking in, passing on costs to you and me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1214
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yeah...that's the ticket, I'm in love with you.....and every other con making contradictory comments.

    Got any other tangents you want to explore to avoid actually addressing your contradictions? Maybe something along the lines of space aliens once you have played out the homophobic line?


    No contradictions. It's all in your mind. But thanks for participating. OBTW I'm taken.

  5. #1215
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I thought when he was running Hussein Obama said no tax hikes for the middle class............Well who does he think is going to pay for the huge tax increase caused by Obama Care.......The biggest tax increase in the history of this country.............Remember this you people who are undecided when you go to the polls in November......
    No one running named Hussein Obama, so right away you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1216
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So it must be true because you imagine it is true.
    Since to pay for it Hussein Obama has to raise taxes on the middle class we shall see how much this helps him come November Redress.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #1217
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]



    I guess Obama lied! It's apparent Obama and the Democrats were willing to say what ever it took to get elected, then do what ever they wanted once in office. A vote for Obama in November is a note for taxation without representation. The Health Care bill the Democrats passed is exactly that. Obama and the Democrats told us repeatedly this wasn't a tax, however the White House legal team argued in from of the SCOTUS it WAS a tax and the SCOTUS agreed it was. Obama and the Democrats lied about this from the start, they should be booted out the rest of the way in November.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  8. #1218
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Going forward this is no longer "Obamacare" it heretofore should be called Obama's Health Care Tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Has Fox OK'd that change yet?
    No but the Supreme Court of the United States did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #1219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We have poor now. And Cuba has actually made positive strides last I heard. However, we can do better. A single payer system is not one size fits all. Now, we can demonize and do the silly ass dance we've done for decades, or we can have an honest conversation and try to craft something better than what we have.
    How can the American political culture be reformed so that it isn't a zero sum game? I think the country is far past the point where politicians or the citizenry can change the political culture in the absence of an extraordinary event which fundamentally changes the prevailing mindset. Such events usually involve the shared experience of protracted suffering.

  10. #1220
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how much??????
    It's a sliding scale based on income. The numbers are here: http://www.communitycatalyst.org/doc...ity_in_ACA.pdf
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •