Page 119 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1937

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758, 1205]

  1. #1181
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    This argument is so-ooo pathetically weak.


    You say tax, I say penalty for those who can afford health insurance but opt not to buy it potential placing a burden on society.

    Doesn't matter what you say....The court said it was a tax period.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The provision that required expansion of medicaid eligibility was shot down. You misunderstand.

    'shot down' -- not quite, the Federal government just doesn't have to give free money to states that won't comply with the rules.

    Hopefully, a massive plague will wipe out the red states and we can finally have our country back.

  3. #1183
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Where are all the Liberals who said this court was a very Conservative court and would be very partisan in their verdict? I think Justice Roberts is a sly fox and you have not heard the end of this especially if Romney is elected president......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Again? Really? What are you attracted to me? I know I look good in my avatar picture. Those tight pants; that swaggering lean and that come hither smile on my face, not to mention that manly gun in my hand. Just between you and me - is that it?
    LOL....is that what you are trying to project? LOL!

    No dear.....I always enjoy showing people contradictions in their statements.

    If it gets too hot for you, get out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Doesn't matter what you say....The court said it was a tax period.
    Yeah, and if you can afford insurance but don't buy it, you'll have to pay the penalty when you pay your taxes.

    Happy?

  6. #1186
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Well I guess I'm wrong.
    Not wrong, just in the boat now with the rest of us wondering how long before we have healthcare more like England, or Cuba....Hell, I almost think that now that it is cemented by the SCOTUS, why not take it all the way to Single payer, we know that is where this is headed anyway.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1187
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Ok, that's nice.
    Nah, that line of argument is terribly sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1188
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Yeah, and if you can afford insurance but don't buy it, you'll have to pay the penalty when you pay your taxes.

    Happy?
    You mean the tax.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Where are all the Liberals who said this court was a very Conservative court and would be very partisan in their verdict? I think Justice Roberts is a sly fox and you have not heard the end of this especially if Romney is elected president......

    Yeah, this conspiracy theory is making the rounds.

    Fox will be running it all night -- the double-secret-probation master plan devised by Roberts.

    You guys are too much!!!

  10. #1190
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....is that what you are trying to project? LOL!

    No dear.....I always enjoy showing people contradictions in their statements.

    If it gets too hot for you, get out of the kitchen.

    Hot? Is that a code word "dear".

    I'm really starting to wonder if you don't have a man crush on me.

    Thanks anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •