Page 118 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1937

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758, 1205]

  1. #1171
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,063

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Cool, and I apologise for ribbing you about it. Just thought it was kinda cute, I'm in that mood, the grandkids just stopped by for a moment.
    no worries; i took no offense.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I agree, that does suck. I found a policy that fits my needs and my budget. But then I had a leg up on the discovery process, after teaching I went into nursing, so I knew what to look for in a policy.
    yes, that would certainly give you good perspective. i was 23 at the time and picked a plan in the upper middle of the cost range because my job didn't pay well. i learned quickly, and dumped the HMO as soon as the next open enrollment came around.

  2. #1172
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. What you are not entitled to is the peaceful enjoyment of your Supreme Court victory.
    I never expected it, however I did expect better than racism/agism arguments against it.

    That is just way too fringy to be taken even remotely seriously....but I guess that is the best some have.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #1173
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, most of them would qualify for Medicaid as I understand it.
    The provision that required expansion of medicaid eligibility was shot down. You misunderstand.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #1174
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    You know what? The govt couldn't have done better with a gun at our heads.
    They have that too. Think the IPAB
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1175
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i work at a med school. i see how hard it is to get in and how much it costs. a lot of potentially good doctors don't become doctors because they don't want the crushing debt or because they didn't get in one of the artificially limited number of slots. we have to fix that.
    Yeah, again, I've been seeing those internal figures for a couple decades now. Used to be the students would accept that "crushing debt" because they knew they had a very good chance of paying it back and then some. The high cost of a medical school education hasn't changed. What's changed is the expectation that the students could actually pay it back.

  6. #1176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    then why did Obama make sure to say this wasn't a tax?... why was he being deceitful?
    This argument is so-ooo pathetically weak.


    You say tax, I say penalty for those who can afford health insurance but opt not to buy it potential placing a burden on society.

  7. #1177
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    OK....you don't want to talk about your contradictions....I'll let them stand, It was an opportunity for you to clear your contradictions.

    That's cool.

    Again? Really? What are you attracted to me? I know I look good in my avatar picture. Those tight pants; that swaggering lean and that come hither smile on my face, not to mention that manly gun in my hand. Just between you and me - is that it?

  8. #1178
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Let's see how the SCOTUS decision impacts the election in November. Remember the 2010 mid-term elections?

    New Poll: The Supreme Court and the Health Care Law
    By ADAM LIPTAK and ALLISON KOPICKI

    More than two-thirds of Americans hope the Supreme Court will overturn some or all of the 2010 health care law, according to a new poll conducted by The New York Times and CBS News. Just 24 percent said they hoped the court “would keep the entire health care law in place.”

    Forty-one percent of those surveyed said the court should strike down the entire law, and another 27 percent said the justices should overturn only the individual mandate, which requires most Americans to obtain health insurance or pay a penalty.
    New Poll: The Supreme Court and the Health Care Law - NYTimes.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #1179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I never expected it, however I did expect better than racism/agism arguments against it.

    That is just way too fringy to be taken even remotely seriously....but I guess that is the best some have.
    Ok, that's nice.

  10. #1180
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    They have that too. Think the IPAB
    Well I guess I'm wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •