Page 107 of 194 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1937

Thread: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652, 758, 1205]

  1. #1061
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You can show me the quote then. If not, then you are making **** up.
    The commerce argument was thrown out....the fair use argument was thrown out....congress' right to tax was upheld.

    Duh.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #1062
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    The sad thing about this decision and many other major decisions made by the Supreme court these days is that they usually end up in a 5-4 decision. Forget this particular decision but that in itself tells me that two sides are making up their minds before deliberations and just deciding what B.S. they are going to use to explain their decision. The Supreme Court is failing us. They are no longer a check and balance. They are a law unto themselves following their own rules.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

  3. #1063
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    If I read your article correctly, only 8 of the 21 experts felt the individual mandate would be upheld.
    Correct. The survey asked them both whether they believed the law to be constitutional (19 of 21 did), and whether they thought that the Supreme Court would actually uphold it (only 8 of 21 did).
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #1064
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    No Gimmie, there you are attempting to get me to do the "Gimmie Tango". Thanks, but I'm trying to cut down on dancing.
    That's what I thought, you can't prove your point.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1060634690
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i blame the artificially low supply of doctors and the fact that health care is an essential service with inelastic demand.
    You couldn't be more wrong on that first part. I work in the medical residency reporting field. I see the figures from teaching hospitals around the US every single day. We are stacked with J1 visas because we simply do not have the native supply of medical students we used to.

    Students are looking ahead at the 12 years of outrageous trial and the money leaving the industry and the everyday possibility of losing everything to common medical malpractice suits. They're saying, no thanks, I'll try something else.

  6. #1066
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Your president stated that the Mandate wasn't a tax before the Act was passed.
    Political salesmanship should have no bearing on the actual constitutional issues. And today, fortunately, that philosophy seems to have won the day.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #1067
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That's what I thought, you can't prove your point.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1060634690

    Remember? No Tango. Thanks

  8. #1068
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The commerce argument was thrown out....the fair use argument was thrown out....congress' right to tax was upheld.

    Duh.
    So are you changing your claim and hoping no one will notice, or is this just some diversion?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1069
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125]

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Your president stated that the Mandate wasn't a tax before the Act was passed.
    the penalty is in the form of a fee....but SCOTUS chose to call it a tax.

    that's their choice.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS LIVEBLOG - Obamacare Mandate Survives [W:125, 384, 635, 652]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So are you changing your claim and hoping no one will notice, or is this just some diversion?
    Have you lost your limited ability to reason? The individual mandate was upheld due to congress' right to tax.

    It's pretty simple....unless of course, you don't understand the individual mandate.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •