Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

  1. #1
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Teen lesbian couple found shot in Texas park - U.S. News
    Normally don`t use MSNBC, but I saw it come up.

    A shame, and so young. I hope their sexuality wasn`t the cause, but as this point, unknown.

    Why kids though? What have they done?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Teen lesbian couple found shot in Texas park - U.S. News
    Normally don`t use MSNBC, but I saw it come up.

    A shame, and so young. I hope their sexuality wasn`t the cause, but as this point, unknown.

    Why kids though? What have they done?
    Terrible.. Did they get to the park by car?

  3. #3
    User NameGoesHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Hopefully it's not some new psycho serial killer on the loose. Someone is asking for the electric chair.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

  4. #4
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    This is national news because they are lesbians? Really?

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,576

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Other than the alleged sexual realtionship, what makes this newsworthy? Is this to stir up "hate crime" thoughts among the readers, like the Zimmerman/Martin case sensationalism? I guess the story of two teens shot in park, by an unknown assailant, would not get anyone but the "anti-gun" crowd to read it. While all crime is bad news, very little of it gets national attention. To imply, as MSNBC obviously has, that their personal relationship was a factor, much less a "possible motive" is insane. If robbery was the PRESUMED motive, and the couple was "straight", would MSNBC would give that story national attention too?
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-26-12 at 10:42 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Other than the alleged sexual realtionship, what makes this newsworthy? Is this to stir up "hate crime" thoughts among the readers, like the Zimmerman/Martin case sensationalism? I guess the story of two teens shot in park, by an unknown assailant, would not get anyone but the "anti-gun" crowd to read it. While all crime is bad news, very little of it gets national attention. To imply, as MSNBC obviously has, that their personal relationship was a factor, much less a "possible motive" is insane. If robbery was the PRESUMED motive, and the couple was "straight", would MSNBC would give that story national attention too?
    Anti-gun? Is that the first thing you thought of?

  7. #7
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Other than the alleged sexual realtionship, what makes this newsworthy? Is this to stir up "hate crime" thoughts among the readers, like the Zimmerman/Martin case sensationalism? I guess the story of two teens shot in park, by an unknown assailant, would not get anyone but the "anti-gun" crowd to read it. While all crime is bad news, very little of it gets national attention. To imply, as MSNBC obviously has, that their personal relationship was a factor, much less a "possible motive" is insane. If robbery was the PRESUMED motive, and the couple was "straight", would MSNBC would give that story national attention too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    This is national news because they are lesbians? Really?
    Pretty sure the murder of a teen couple would make news regardless of their sexuality. Don't let your attention to the so called gay agenda get the best of you though. The fact that they were lesbians would have been implied anyways by the fact that they were - well - women. But hey if you think they're only getting attention because they were lesbians murdered in cold blood - how do you explain this?

    William and Brenda Evans murdered: Elderly couple found dead on Mother's Day killed 'over their winning lottery ticket' | Mail Online
    Birmingham double murder: Carole and Avtar Kolar's daughter's tearful tribute | Mail Online
    UK couple murdered in Thailand - Asia - World - The Independent
    Black North Carolina Couple Murdered in Their Driveway | Black Girl Green World
    Simcoe Article: Family speaks out about murdered couple
    Honeymoon couple murdered in Antigua were executed on their knees | Mail Online

    That's just looking up "murdered couple". Couples being murdered ALWAYS makes the news regardless of how "boring" the crime may seem.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #8
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Pretty sure the murder of a teen couple would make news regardless of their sexuality. Don't let your attention to the so called gay agenda get the best of you though. The fact that they were lesbians would have been implied anyways by the fact that they were - well - women. But hey if you think they're only getting attention because they were lesbians murdered in cold blood - how do you explain this?

    William and Brenda Evans murdered: Elderly couple found dead on Mother's Day killed 'over their winning lottery ticket' | Mail Online
    Birmingham double murder: Carole and Avtar Kolar's daughter's tearful tribute | Mail Online
    UK couple murdered in Thailand - Asia - World - The Independent
    Black North Carolina Couple Murdered in Their Driveway | Black Girl Green World
    Simcoe Article: Family speaks out about murdered couple
    Honeymoon couple murdered in Antigua were executed on their knees | Mail Online

    That's just looking up "murdered couple". Couples being murdered ALWAYS makes the news regardless of how "boring" the crime may seem.
    Which one of those is a National news story, worthy of "Breaking News"?

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Which one of those is a National news story?
    What the hell is a "national news story"? You mean a story that gets printed out nationally? Pretty sure I posted 3 different murders of 3 couples discussed by a British national newspaper. Here is Reuters, FOX, the Mail, the Van Sun and ABC reporting on the murder of an elderly US couple in Mexico:

    U.S. missionary couple killed in Mexico | Reuters

    2 Texas missionaries murdered in north Mexico | Fox News

    John and Wanda Casias found dead: Baptist missionary couple from the U.S. found strangled in Mexican city plagued by drug violence | Mail Online

    Texas Missionaries Killed in Mexico Knew They Were in Danger, Church Friend Says - ABC News

    U.S. missionary couple killed in Mexico

    -----

    Would you say that makes an international news story? Well, first you have to define what a "national news story" is.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Teen Couple found dead in Texas Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Teen lesbian couple found shot in Texas park - U.S. News
    Normally don`t use MSNBC, but I saw it come up.

    A shame, and so young. I hope their sexuality wasn`t the cause, but as this point, unknown.

    Why kids though? What have they done?
    I hope that the surviving girl will be able to tell investigators what happened.

    I read about this two days ago, and here is how the story was first reported: Two girls found shot in a park. Girls Found Shot at Portland Park - KiiiTV3.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

    Now that Daily Kos, etc. have picked it up, the lead is "lesbian couple." This is an example of the news being "shaped."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •