Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 189

Thread: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

  1. #141
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,870

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No, of course not, happy? Your kindergarten class hasn't taught you how to debate very well.
    Seeing how I was asking someone else that in response to their writing and you decided to jump in and play his knight and shining armor... are you freely admitting that you are opposed to being a nation abiding by the rule of law? Not that it would surprise me if that's your position. Just want to be clear on where you stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #142
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Fascinating how when conservatives err, it is "conservatives" who have sinned... but when liberals do it, "America" is at fault...
    What? Please form your argument better as I do not understand what you are complaining about. As sad as it is to admit, we are one country so we are all held accountable for our actions globally.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #143
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Doesn't have anything to do with who the president is, sorry partisan.
    This is funny because anyone who knows anything about how the government works knows this is all about who the president is. The President is Commander in Chief and as such, makes the call when it comes to such issues.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    I disagree with Carter on many things. However on this issue, I am not sure how we can not agree that America should not be able to fly drones anywhere in the world and kill folks because we believe they might some day pose a threat.
    I don't think we should either, but if its not drones, it'd just be something else.

  5. #145
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
    Doesn't have anything to do with who the president is, sorry partisan.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex
    This is funny because anyone who knows anything about how the government works knows this is all about who the president is. The President is Commander in Chief and as such, makes the call when it comes to such issues.
    His point, with which I am in agreement, is that the political party of the president has no bearing in this discussion. At issue is whether or not it is legally and/or morally acceptable to murder people remotely with marginal verification of identity (or even with verification).

  6. #146
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]


  7. #147
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Yeah, good luck with the top candidates this year. I wonder if Robama or Obomney will get elected?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    We need a miracle.

  9. #149
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights' - Yahoo! News



    Is there any question that Jimmy Carter has either an agenda or is a loon?
    Jimmy Carter is still a loon with an agenda.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #150
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'[W:110]

    This is a total "well, duh." Of course we're human rights violators of the worst kind. We murder innocent people in Pakistan and Yemen via drone strikes. Then we wonder why al Quaida membership grows. There keep being more America-hating terrorists because we're also terrorists. Think of it this way. What if another nation flew drones in American airspace and one of them shot and killed your mother or your father or your daughter or your son. What would you think of that country? Would you consider such an action an act of war against the United States? Would you consider it an act of terrorism?

    I mean, come on. These American terrorist strikes must STOP! It was wrong when the Republicans did them and it's wrong now that Obama's doing them. So with Obama doing something so awful, at least the opposition party is outraged and making an issue of it, right? WRONG! They're up in arms over his helping people to get health care and about the growing debt (when they refuse to let reckless tax cuts expire that would help). Both parties support American terrorism. That's frustrating because it makes it impossible to vote it out.

    One more thing. Which presidency would you consider a failure. The one of a principled man who refused to negotiate with terrorists or the one who traded arms for hostages with a terrorist nation? Carter showed backbone to terrorists, but Reagan caved to them.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •