Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #431
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    Confiscate the employer's business property. Let's play hardball!
    No. Revoke their business license. That is all that is needed. Anything else will lead to abuse and tyranny.

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Isn't keeping labor costs down a conservative dream?
    Maybe. It makes good business sense. Conservatives believe that government should be limited by a Constitution.

  3. #433
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Maybe. It makes good business sense. Conservatives believe that government should be limited by a Constitution.
    Except when it's confiscating business property and shutting them down!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #434
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Except when it's confiscating business property and shutting them down!
    I have never made such a claim. It is counter productive and wrong.

    Revoking their business license and taking them to court is a reasonable way to deal with employers who break the laws.

  5. #435
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I have never made such a claim. It is counter productive and wrong.

    Revoking their business license and taking them to court is a reasonable way to deal with employers who break the laws.
    You just made such a claim ... AGAIN!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You just made such a claim ... AGAIN!
    No. I have never made such a claim. But I am beginning to be concerned about your mental acuity. Are you okay?

  7. #437
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No. I have never made such a claim. But I am beginning to be concerned about your mental acuity. Are you okay?
    So you don't think that revoking a businesses' license is tantamount to shutting it down, or have you taken complete leave of your senses?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So you don't think that revoking a businesses' license is tantamount to shutting it down, or have you taken complete leave of your senses?
    How is revoking their license the same as confiscating their property?

    In an earlier post I suggested that a one day revocation for a first offense would be a substantial penalty.
    For a second offense make it three days.
    For a third offense make it a week.
    For any other make it permanent.

    No property need be confiscated. Nor should it be without due process.

    Do you see the difference?

  9. #439
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    How is revoking their license the same as confiscating their property?

    In an earlier post I suggested that a one day revocation for a first offense would be a substantial penalty.
    For a second offense make it three days.
    For a third offense make it a week.
    For any other make it permanent.

    No property need be confiscated. Nor should it be without due process.

    Do you see the difference?
    Two separate suggestions: Prometheusbound -- confiscate their property; you -- revoke their business license.

    From the hands-off-business conservative faction....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Two separate suggestions: Prometheusbound -- confiscate their property; you -- revoke their business license.

    From the hands-off-business conservative faction....
    It is clear that you do not see the difference between revoking someone's business license and taking their property. That does explain a very great deal.

    I also begin to think that you don't like the rule of law. Do you believe that being Conservative is equal to being lawless?

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •