Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #401
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    They, and their employer simply make one up. It has ZERO effect on the paycheck net amount.
    Not sure what you mean. It has the same effect on their paycheck that it does for everybody. All employers pay people less to cover the cost of payroll taxes.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #402
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,644

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    And where does it go?

    Aren't you overlooking that most illegals are getting paid under the table?
    Link for that "FACT"? Many are paid directly as most are, with a W2; some are paid using a 1099 (independent contractor). I have worked with MANY illegals that ALL had "ID" yet, since there was no E-verify check, most are simply "made up".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #403
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,644

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Not sure what you mean. It has the same effect on their paycheck that it does for everybody. All employers pay people less to cover the cost of payroll taxes.
    Exactly my point, NOBODY cares about that, they care ONLY only about "take home" pay.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #404
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Exactly my point, NOBODY cares about that, they care ONLY only about "take home" pay.
    I'm still not clear on what you mean. Can you explain your point and how you think it relates to what we're discussing?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  5. #405
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How does an illegal with no ssn or tax id pay payroll taxes?
    They use fake numbers. An estimated 2/3 of illegals pay payroll taxes for benefits that they can't receive, and a surprisingly large number pay income taxes anonymously.

    Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
    Last edited by AdamT; 07-01-12 at 01:14 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #406
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,025

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    They use fake numbers. An estimated 2/3 of illegals pay payroll taxes for benefits that they can't receive, and a surprisingly large number pay income taxes anonymously.

    Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
    and some have used stolen SSN, hence ID theft. This just adds to the social security mess.

  7. #407
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    and some have used stolen SSN, hence ID theft. This just adds to the social security mess.
    True. All the more reason to do comprehensive reform.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #408
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    True. All the more reason to do comprehensive reform.

    I don't think that anyone is truly against fixing out immigration system. The only thing that Americans want is for the borders to be fixed first before we talk of what to do with those already here. Why is that not achievable?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #409
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think that anyone is truly against fixing out immigration system. The only thing that Americans want is for the borders to be fixed first before we talk of what to do with those already here. Why is that not achievable?
    It's not achievable because it's a nearly impossible task. How many years and how many billions of dollars have we spent trying to stop the importation of illegal drugs? And to what effect?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #410
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,025

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's not achievable because it's a nearly impossible task. How many years and how many billions of dollars have we spent trying to stop the importation of illegal drugs? And to what effect?
    and how many billions have spent on the "war on poverty"?, Can't eliminate it, its an impossilbe task. But we try
    how many billions spent to improve education? We still are not the best in the world, must be impossible task, but we try.

    My point to argue money has been spent and lable something as impossilbe as a reason not do something is not rational.

    As far as drugs, if people would quit using the shxt, there would be no demand and little problem of import drugs.
    You can't fix stupid.

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •