Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #281
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    that's union scale, not market value. I want skilled labor.
    Actually, that was for Winnebago County, Cook was twice that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I only paid that to unskilled laborers. At most, I'd have one of them on the job and they were usually fresh off the boat and looking to learn the trade. The other four guys made a minimum of $25 an hour.

    ****, In 2006 I was the lowest paid guy on the crew at 40K.
    Fresh off the boat...and legal too!

    Again, you were not willing to pay prevailing wages for Chicago. You wanted to pay unskilled wages for skilled workers in one of the highest COL areas in the nation. No wonder you got out of that line.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #283
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Justice Scalia remarks:
    The Mexicans have already wrecked their own country, now they are in the process of wrecking ours. Let them choose some other country as their pinata.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  4. #284
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I believe that he is not entirely wrong. Do you think there is a glut of us "wood welders" (carpenters) in south TX? I see DAILY the situation on residential carpentry jobs. Residential new/remodel work is booming in TX yet many entire carpentry crews getting the work are speaking ONLY spanish and working CHEAP, forcing the rest of us to sit it out or work for far less. I know you think that this is just "free market" fairness but I must, respectfully, disagree. I am now making bids at material cost x2, down from x2.5 only two years ago, just to get ANY work. Ten years ago bids of material cost x3 would get plenty of work. I just got tired of wastin my time by working up too many losing bids.
    That's actually about what it is like here. I still do some side jobs now and again, but I don't make nearly as much as I did 5 or 6 years ago. Basically, I do them for about $10 an hour profit. As a side income, it's fine, but I wouldn't be able to live off of it.

    The last year I had my company going, I was underbid on a job by so much that I couldn't have profited on it even if I had only paid my guys $7 an hour (I actually sat down and calculated how much I would have had to pay to match the price just to break even). My theory is that the guy had to be stealing some of his materials and paying jack**** to pull a profit.

    That last year, I even took a few jobs where I was just breaking even in order to keep my guys working (part of the reason I made the least amount of money that year).

    So I probably understand the frustration you feel better than most. I don't think that illegal immigration is the cause of this, though. I also don't believe cheap foreign labor is the cause of outsourcing, though.

    Ultimately, I blame the consumer.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #285
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Actually, that was for Winnebago County, Cook was twice that.
    And my point still stands. At no point in American history was that the market value for residential carpentry in Chicago.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #286
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    His policy is to concentrate the limited resources available to deport criminals.

    If MY job was threatened by unskilled laborers who could barely speak the language I would rethink my career choice.
    Instead, you can get a job threatened by educated cheap labor allowed to legally come here from India. The bosses you worship won't keep anyone immune from this invasion except their own children. The rewards for being a flunkie of economic traitors last only long enough for them to get around to your kind too.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  7. #287
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Fresh off the boat...and legal too!
    Yep. In fact, some of them were technically natural born citizens that were raised in Ireland.

    Again, you were not willing to pay prevailing wages for Chicago.
    Again, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

    You wanted to pay unskilled wages for skilled workers in one of the highest COL areas in the nation.
    Again, knowing what you are talking about would actually make you say fewer stupid things. You failed at the line of bull**** claiming I paid less than 50K a year, so now you start a new line of bull**** pretending I didn't pay enough even though I paid more than the median income in one of the highest CoL area in the country.

    Of course, don't let your complete and utter lack of knowledge on the subject get in the way of your opinions.

    No wonder you got out of that line.
    I actually got out of that line in part due to the economic collapse, in part due to the fact that my business partner (my father) suffered a traumatic brain injury and required full time care, which is what I am doing right now.

    but again, do not allow your astounding ignorance of the subject matter get in the way of your opinions. Lord knows those do not have to be derived from an intelligent informed foundation.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 06-27-12 at 03:07 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And my point still stands. At no point in American history was that the market value for residential carpentry in Chicago.
    http://www.wdol.gov/wdol/scafiles/davisbacon/il9.dvb

    http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/r...O/COOK9999.htm
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-27-12 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #289
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The problem with your assessment is the flawed assumption that it's just illegal immigrants that drive down the cost of labor. Legal immigrants, the people I typically hired, were twice the employee for half the cost as a natural born US citizen was.

    Illegal immigrants aren't the problem (and they never have been, despite decades of whining by the anti-illegal crowd), lazy Americans are the problem. Personally I'd rather deport the no-skill-having, overpriced, arrogant Natural-born citizens that are nothing more than a victim-mentality drain in the economy than the hard working, talented, workers that just happen to be here illegally.
    you shure talk a big game about the LAZY americans at least they aren't law breaking scumbags.

  10. #290
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't know what that is based on, but I am 100% certain that it is not the reality of what the market value of pay a residential carpenter could expect here in Chicago. Absolutely, positively certain. It looks more like the amount that each employee cost the employer to employ.

    ****, union carpenters do not make 41 an hour here. I'm not sure what you have found, but it's not a realistic picture of what people get paid to do carpentry.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •