Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #261
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, you claim you can't find high skilled US workers willing to accept $25/hr rates. I say that is totally false. My BiL was a foreman for residential slab pours, he is now sweeping the floors at an Amazon distribution center for much less than $25/hr.

    Your story doesn't hold up in this market.
    He mentioned above that he doesn't own the company any more.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #262
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Reality 101: I'm in Chicago.
    Ah...you are in CHICAGO, a pretty high CoL area, of course you can't find high skilled labor at below rate levels.....except for those living 10 to a room.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #263
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,676

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Well bully for you. You are not only ignorant in your assumption that immigrant = Mexican, you're a Texan to boot.

    I'm from Chicago, and we have just as many immigrants as "y'all" do, both legal and illegal, from points all over the globe. Including Mexico and points south.
    I am using what I know to be true HERE where I live and try to work. As you can see from the following link carpenters in Texas are hurting right now, paid about $20K/year less than in IL: Carpenters
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-27-12 at 02:20 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #264
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    He mentioned above that he doesn't own the company any more.
    And now he mentions the area he was working in....a VERY high cost region where he wanted to pay below market rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #265
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, you claim you can't find high skilled US workers willing to accept $25/hr rates.
    I said I couldn't. Past tense. When the construction industry died (along with familial issues), I closed down the company. In 2005, you couldn't find an American construction worker willing to work for $25 an hour. Today you can, because there are no jobs and people have become more humble. The problem is that equally skilled immigrants will do the same work for $10.

    Your story doesn't hold up in this market.
    It's not my fault you ignored my use of the past tense.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #266
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And now he mentions the area he was working in....a VERY high cost region where he wanted to pay below market rates.
    My rates were not below market. The key to knowing what oyu are talking about is actually knowing what you are talking about.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #267
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    How do you know what I was offering? Most of the immigrants who worked for me were well-established here, as well. Some having lived here for 20+ years.



    Bull****. The established, high skilled US worker still wasn't worth what they wanted because the established, high skilled Immigrant worker was willing to work for less than even the unskilled US worker would work for.

    The unskilled US worker wanted the same as the skilled Immigrant worker, and the skilled US worker wanted 30% more than the skilled immigrant worker.



    simply being a US worker doesn't warrant the pay they wanted.



    Reality hinges on that.



    That line of idiocy falls apart when you learn what I paid my workers.
    My only real problem with your line of reasoning is that the unkilled US worker who is not getting paid by you is now getting paid by all of us while the unskilled (illegal) immigrant worker (if not being paid by you) would also not be getting paid by all of us.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #268
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah...you are in CHICAGO, a pretty high CoL area, of course you can't find high skilled labor at below rate levels.....except for those living 10 to a room.
    I guess I'll call up all of my former employees and tell them they aren;'t allowed to own their homes because some guy on the internet who didn't know **** said they had to live 10 to a room.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #269
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,676

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My rates were not below market. The key to knowing what oyu are talking about is actually knowing what you are talking about.
    OK, I was WRONG about AZ, assuming (wrongly) that it was much like TX see link: Carpenters
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #270
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am using what I know to be true HERE where I live and try to work. As you can see from the following link carpenters in Texas are hurting right now, paid about $20K/year less than in IL: Carpenters
    Carpenters are ****ed here in Illinois right now, too. There's no work. At all. Not even for the immigrants who are willing to work for less.

    This market is a supply and demand issue. There's lots of demand for jobs, and little demand for workers. If you can't make it in your field on what the market says is the price for labor, you have to pick a different field. That's what I did.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •