Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #251
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not exactly. My stance is that the unskilled and lazy US workers think they deserve more money than they are worth. I would have hired them if they didn't price themselves out of the market. Why would I pay $30 an hour for an American who wasn't as skilled or hardworking as the skilled, hardworking immigrant who would work for $25 an hour? I'd hire that American for $10-$15 an hour because they weren't worth more than that. They wouldn't take the job for that amount, though.

    (And that's the actual rates I paid per hour for carpenters, not $10 an hour. I'd pay my unskilled laborers the $10-$15 an hour rate).
    I seriously doubt that in this market, with the construction field devastated by layoffs, that you cannot find high skilled US construction workers willing to take $25/hr jobs. I know for a fact that there are hundreds of thousands in AZ and CA willing and waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #252
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not exactly. My stance is that the unskilled and lazy US workers think they deserve more money than they are worth. I would have hired them if they didn't price themselves out of the market. Why would I pay $30 an hour for an American who wasn't as skilled or hardworking as the skilled, hardworking immigrant who would work for $25 an hour? I'd hire that American for $10-$15 an hour because they weren't worth more than that. They wouldn't take the job for that amount, though.

    (And that's the actual rates I paid per hour for carpenters, not $10 an hour. I'd pay my unskilled laborers the $10-$15 an hour rate).
    Reality 101:

    Career Opportunities
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #253
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    OK here you go, saved you those precious keystrokes: Wage Determinations Online
    Okay, so a quick comparison between Nebraska (not many Mexicans, I assume) and Arizona shows that that the rates in AZ are more than double the rates in Nebraska. Hmmmm....

    Maybe cost of living...

    How about Maine? Nah, Arizona still pays better than 50% more. Hmmm....
    Last edited by AdamT; 06-27-12 at 01:58 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #254
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    OK, let me TRY to explain to you the difference between hard working immigrants and lazy-ass Americans.

    Immigrants work hard. They do this for less money.

    Americans are lazy. They expect more money for this.

    I don't give a flying **** about the standards of living (and by the way, my employees weren't Mexican. Hate to burst your pathetic strawman bubble, they were Irish immigrants. I do find it rather telling that you are ignorant enough to assume immigrant means Mexican, though. The Irish have a comparable standard of living, but a much better work ethic)
    I am in SOUTH TEXAS we have very few Irish immigrants but PLENTY of illegal immigrants, MANY of them, believe it or not, are from Mexico and other points south. Job offer link: Career Opportunities
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-27-12 at 02:00 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #255
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Okay, so a quick comparison between Nebraska (not many Mexicans, I assume) and Arizona shows that that the rates in AZ are more than double the rates in Nebraska. Hmmmm....

    Maybe cost of living...

    How about Maine? Nah, Arizona still pays better than 50% more. Hmmm....
    Michigan? Not so many immigrants ... lots of Unions ... AZ still pays more. Hmmm....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Actually there's very little to cultural or linguistic differences between any of the 50 states. The big cultural/linguistic/political divide is actually between the inner city (of every city in America), and everyone else.
    Simply untrue, unless this is your way of singling out 'inner city residents' (gee, I wonder who you could be referring to?) from all other americans. I don't live in an inner city - I don't live in any city - and I have nothing in common politically with any conservative bible belt resident. My state has a miniscule African American population and votes overwhelmingly Democratic.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #257
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ...but that is the wage you are offering.
    How do you know what I was offering? Most of the immigrants who worked for me were well-established here, as well. Some having lived here for 20+ years.

    Again, the established high skilled US worker is someone you do not want to higher.
    Bull****. The established, high skilled US worker still wasn't worth what they wanted because the established, high skilled Immigrant worker was willing to work for less than even the unskilled US worker would work for.

    The unskilled US worker wanted the same as the skilled Immigrant worker, and the skilled US worker wanted 30% more than the skilled immigrant worker.

    or "non-lazy" US workers.
    simply being a US worker doesn't warrant the pay they wanted.

    Your whole argument hinges on this "lazy" American.
    Reality hinges on that.

    That is always the characterization used by those who won't pay a real wage.
    That line of idiocy falls apart when you learn what I paid my workers.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #258
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Reality 101: I'm in Chicago.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #259
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am in SOUTH TEXAS we have very few Irish immigrants but PLENTY of illegal immigrants, MANY of them, believe it or not, are from Mexico and other points south. Job offer link: Career Opportunities
    Well bully for you. You are not only ignorant in your assumption that immigrant = Mexican, you're a Texan to boot.

    I'm from Chicago, and we have just as many immigrants as "y'all" do, both legal and illegal, from points all over the globe. Including Mexico and points south.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    How do you know what I was offering? Most of the immigrants who worked for me were well-established here, as well. Some having lived here for 20+ years. Bull****. The established, high skilled US worker still wasn't worth what they wanted because the established, high skilled Immigrant worker was willing to work for less than even the unskilled US worker would work for. The unskilled US worker wanted the same as the skilled Immigrant worker, and the skilled US worker wanted 30% more than the skilled immigrant worker. simply being a US worker doesn't warrant the pay they wanted. Reality hinges on that. That line of idiocy falls apart when you learn what I paid my workers.
    Again, you claim you can't find high skilled US workers willing to accept $25/hr rates. I say that is totally false. My BiL was a foreman for residential slab pours, he is now sweeping the floors at an Amazon distribution center for much less than $25/hr.

    Your story doesn't hold up in this market.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •