Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #221
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    His policy is to concentrate the limited resources available to deport criminals.

    If MY job was threatened by unskilled laborers who could barely speak the language I would rethink my career choice.
    Construction trade workers, manufacturing/production workers, landscape/maintance workers, food service workers and retail sales positions ARE jobs. You must remember that over HALF of the U.S. workforce is NOT college educated. Your moronic stereotype of barely speaking english does NOT apply to the vast majority of the 15 million+ of the illegals and certainly not to their 15 million "anchor babies" that were born to them here and edcuated for FREE by taxes paid by the very workers that they now displace. This is what YOU and many similar high and mighty lefties fail to see. These "menial" jobs that you blow off as "beneath you" or not good enough for U.S. citizens are the very jobs that HALF of the U.S. citizens DO FOR A LIVING. Look at the teen unemployment rate, look at the minority unemployment rate and then THINK about how keeping 30 million+ that should NOT BE HERE affects those people; just because YOU do not compete DIRECTLY with these folks, and wish them well, does NOT change reality for many, many AVERAGE U.S. citzens that need jobs NOW. Get real!
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-27-12 at 11:11 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #222
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Construction trades, landscape workers, food service workers and retail sales positions ARE jobs. You must remember that over HALF of the U.S. workforce is NOT college educated. Your moronic stereotype of barely speaking english does NOT apply to the vast majority of the 15 million+ of the illegals and certainly not to their 15 million "anchor babies" that were born to them here. This is what YOU and many similar high and mighty lefties fail to see. These "menial" jobs that you blow off as "beneath you" or not good enough for U.S. citizens are the very jobs that HALF of the U.S. citizens DO FOR A LIVING. Look at the teen unemployment rate, look at the minority unemployment rate and then THINK about how keeping 30 million+ that should NOT BE HERE affects those people; just because YOU do not compete DIRECTLY with these folks, and wish them well, does NOT change reality for many, many AVERAGE U.S. citzens that need jobs NOW. Get real!
    Also affected are the legal aliens that come here to work. These people have gone through the proper processes to work in this country, unlike the illegals supported by the left.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Then why not utilize State resources in States that want to help? Instead Obama basically says we don't want any help, even though we don't have the resources. Another fine example of leadership and problem solving.
    That's funny!

    Arizona has had to sell the property that the Capital building sits on...including the buildings....to try to balance the state budget. County and city budgets are in similar situations. In the meantime, illegal immigration is way down while fed enforcement within the state is at an all time high. Now what SB1070 does is to have local enforcement arrest on a fed level violation, put them into the local courts, process them through local jails, and pass those costs to state tax payers. Along with that, local cops will be sued not only by those who were falsely arrested, they will also be sued by state citizens who feel that local officials are NOT arresting enough suspects.

    In the past, local officials would turn over suspects to fed authorities, that is not the process with SB1070. The state doesn't have the resources for this, let alone for regular enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #224
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That's funny!

    Arizona has had to sell the property that the Capital building sits on...including the buildings....to try to balance the state budget. County and city budgets are in similar situations. In the meantime, illegal immigration is way down while fed enforcement within the state is at an all time high. Now what SB1070 does is to have local enforcement arrest on a fed level violation, put them into the local courts, process them through local jails, and pass those costs to state tax payers. Along with that, local cops will be sued not only by those who were falsely arrested, they will also be sued by state citizens who feel that local officials are NOT arresting enough suspects.

    In the past, local officials would turn over suspects to fed authorities, that is not the process with SB1070. The state doesn't have the resources for this, let alone for regular enforcement.
    I disagree. So back to the point, then you support an action by the Feds to basically turn its back on AZ. Got it. This administration is a failure in dealing with illegal immigration.

    As far as AZ budget, at least it is balanced. Unlike CA (for example) which is way deep in debt. Stockton (sp) is looking at filling for bankrupcy.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    So back to the point, then you support an action by the Feds to basically turn its back on AZ.
    ????? Straw, never said any such thing, I commented on the the costs and the fact that AZ does not have the additional resources for these added enforcement schemes.



    Got it. This administration is a failure in dealing with illegal immigration.
    ???? We are seeing huge changes in (lowered) entry and (higher) deportations levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I disagree. As far as AZ budget, at least it is balanced.
    ...On the back of huge cuts in services to AZ CITIZENS. You are arguing for expanded govt, greater govt costs on the state level at a time of recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #226
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Construction trade workers, manufacturing/production workers, landscape/maintance workers, food service workers and retail sales positions ARE jobs. You must remember that over HALF of the U.S. workforce is NOT college educated. Your moronic stereotype of barely speaking english does NOT apply to the vast majority of the 15 million+ of the illegals and certainly not to their 15 million "anchor babies" that were born to them here and edcuated for FREE by taxes paid by the very workers that they now displace. This is what YOU and many similar high and mighty lefties fail to see. These "menial" jobs that you blow off as "beneath you" or not good enough for U.S. citizens are the very jobs that HALF of the U.S. citizens DO FOR A LIVING. Look at the teen unemployment rate, look at the minority unemployment rate and then THINK about how keeping 30 million+ that should NOT BE HERE affects those people; just because YOU do not compete DIRECTLY with these folks, and wish them well, does NOT change reality for many, many AVERAGE U.S. citzens that need jobs NOW. Get real!
    The number of undocumented is now around 11 million -- not 15 million. There aren't 15 million people of Mexican descent -- legal and illegal combined -- in the U.S. Number Of U.S. Undocumented Immigrants From Mexico Drops

    And the number of "anchor babies" is about four million -- not 15 million.

    So please stop exaggerating. You've overstated the problem by 100%.

    And of course just getting mad about it doesn't solve the problem. Nor does your getting defensive about being unable to compete with semi-literate immigrants who came here without a dime in their pocket.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #227
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Construction trade workers, manufacturing/production workers, landscape/maintance workers, food service workers and retail sales positions ARE jobs.
    And non-immigrants done priced themselves out of the market for most of those jobs.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #228
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The number of undocumented is now around 11 million -- not 15 million. There aren't 15 million people of Mexican descent -- legal and illegal combined -- in the U.S. Number Of U.S. Undocumented Immigrants From Mexico Drops

    And the number of "anchor babies" is about four million -- not 15 million.

    So please stop exaggerating. You've overstated the problem by 100%.

    And of course just getting mad about it doesn't solve the problem. Nor does your getting defensive about being unable to compete with semi-literate immigrants who came here without a dime in their pocket.
    A few problems exist with your clever substitution of "Mexican" for TOTAL U.S. illegal immigrants. Even YOUR supplied souce states that "of Mexican descent" is about 60% of total U.S. illegal immigration. Another glaring error is your assertion of the birthrate for illegals, as being below HALF that needed for simple replacement. I did point out that many of these births result in citizen "anchor babies", but that does NOT make these people "unrelated" to the illegal immigration OF THEIR PARENTS. Perhaps a quick look at the minority/hispanic birthrates in the U.S. will support the FACT that your "assumption" of reproduction rates below the minimum replacement rate is total BS.

    I NEVER claimed that U.S. workers are "unable to compete", simply that they are now FORCED to do so, often at the cost of accepting a stagnent or decreasing pay/benefit package for those AVERAGE jobs, since illegal labor can not complain about such things; as long as the SAME work in the U.S. pays 5x to 10x what it does in "the homeland" illegal aliens will still come here for it.

    I agree that the lack of job availability has now slowed the influx TEMPORARILY, but as soon as things pick up, they will resume their illegal migration. These folks "without a dime in their pockets" pay handsomely for help getting into and established (with fake ID) in this country, and many have friends and relatives here to assist them as well.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-27-12 at 12:10 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #229
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And non-immigrants done priced themselves out of the market for most of those jobs.
    You mean the "market" is not paying a wage high enough to attract legal workers.

    There is a reason why the Chamber of Commerce doesn't like immigration crackdowns.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-27-12 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #230
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And non-immigrants done priced themselves out of the market for most of those jobs.
    BS. They simply can not, or will not accept stagnent or declining wage/benefit packages offered that STILL beat what the illegals can earn in their homeland by 5x tp 10x. Jobs that paid $10/hour 15 years ago STILL pay $10/hour, even though the cost of living (as a normal citizen) and the U.S. minimum wage has risen. Many illegals are quite willing to live 10 to a three bedroom house and send much of their earnings "home" to help support other relatives that they left behind. Look in ANY convenince store in south Texas and you will see countless anonymous "financial aids" to send money back to Mexico.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •